Kissing in Cars

Have You Ever Really Danced On The Edge?

-Kellin's POV-

The cold air on my hip woke me due to the absence of material covering me. I yanked the blanket from the body shuffling next to me and pulled it further over me. It was then tugged completely from me leaving my entire body exposed except for my pants. I rolled over as if only now realizing there was someone sleeping next to me.
The beautiful, tanned boy lay next to me fast asleep. He had a tight grip on the blanket and had wrapped himself up in it. I smiled down at him moaning softly. He must have come in here last night when I'd fallen asleep. His dark hair fell around his face and I reached down and gently swept it out of his mouth. I laughed quietly at the peaceful musician curled up just inches away from me. He rolled over revealing a swollen hand. I carefully inspected it and caressed it soothingly. Maybe it happened at the show last night, though I hadn't noticed it before.
I tiptoed out of the room and dug around in the freezer. There were plenty of ice packs piled up at the bottom. I figured they were there in case someone injured themselves on stage. I dug around at the end of Jaime's bunk looking for my shirt from last night. He didn't move a bit. Damn, he really did drink a lot last night. I finally located my shirt and wrapped an ice pack in it.
I sat down next to Vic and cautiously pried his hand away from the blanket. Upon further inspection, I noticed small, shallow cuts surrounding the redness of his knuckles. I dabbed a wet cloth around the cuts and pressed the ice pack onto his hand. Startled, Vic woke abruptly from the cold touch and tried to sit up. I pushed him back down as he glared up at me as if I'd been the one to sneak in on him sleeping. Not that I minded. His expression soon softened into a lazy smile as his eyes trailed down to his hand. He flinched at the pain then relaxed as relief flooded through him.
'What happened?' I asked, nodding down at his hand.
'Oh, I uh-I guess I got a little angry last night.' His voice was deep and raspy, still half asleep. He sounded so goddamn sexy.
'How come?' He looked down, embarrassment crossing his face. I quickly added, 'We can talk about it later, it's fine, if you want.'
He bit his lip and winced in pain as I wrapped his hand in a flimsy bandage I'd found in a first aid kit.
I set the ice pack to the side and lay back down next to him. He opened the blanket welcoming me back in. I shuffled over next to him and pressed my cold toes against his shin. He jumped at the touch and began tickling my ribs with his long, slender fingers. I giggled loudly and his hand quickly covered my mouth.
'Shh! What if the guys came in and saw us like this?'
I gathered all the saliva I could manage in my mouth and licked his palm. He quickly pulled his hand away and wiped it on my bare chest. I poked my tongue out at him and he rolled his eyes.
'Saw us like what?' I pondered.
'You know,' his eyes wandered across our bodies, 'lying here together.'
'Ah, and that brings us to the big question. Why are you sleeping with me?' I tickled his neck and he giggled cocking his head to the side trapping my hand there. Now it was my turn to 'shh' him.
'Oh, urh, Mike was snoring and Jaime-...' he trailed off. I rolled my eyes and he looked down awkwardly. I reached across to him and planted a kiss on his nose. Had we reached that stage of flirting yet? No? Opps.
His dark cheeks turned a deep crimson colour as I reassured him. 'I don't mind. It was...nice.'
We stayed like that for a while, contently flirting. Now and then we'd have these moments where we stared at each other, smiling. It was then that I'd noticed just how magnificent his eyes were. A deep, mud colour sprinkled with tiny flecks of gold surrounded his iris. Corny, I know, but they were the kind of eyes you could truly get lost in.
'So, how'd you suggest we spend our day off, Kells?' Vic chimed dragging me back to reality.
'I say we explore this place,' I replied. I wasn't really bothered with what we did as long as Vic was by my side the whole time. Which, by the look of it, was what he wanted too.
I reached over and grabbed my shirt and unraveled the ice pack out of it. The material was now damp and cold. Vic smirked and began peeling off his Anthem Made tank. He tossed it to me and headed down to front of the bus.
I pulled the tank down over my head and sat down to check my phone. No texts. The guys were probably still passed out. I punched in Justin's number but was brought to answer machine.
'Uh, hey. Just so you know, I spent the night with Vic. I'll see you guys later. Bye'
I deeply inhaled the scent of Vic's shirt and smiled happily to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
This isn't very long but I'm pretty happy with it. I'm really happy with all the good feedback I've been getting lately, so thank you guys!
Title is The Balcony Scene-Pierce The Veil