Kissing in Cars

No one said love's not for taking chances

'No way! Harry didn't defeat the Dark Lord with a motherfucking lightsaber now, did he?' Mike retaliated.
I stared down at my untouched tea, lost in thought. I wondered what Vic's smooth, tan lips would feel like against mine. How they'd taste, how they'd move against mine. Our tongues would dance together in a way he'd never experienced with anyone else. He'd pull away, his deep brown eyes would bore into mine as he'd whisper, 'I love you'. I would kiss his nose and return the three heart-felt words. I'd take in his breathtakingly gorgeous features and blush, unable to believe he was mine.
'Kellin, what do you think?' Tony asked, 'which is more badass-lightsabers or fucking wands?'
'I dunno,' I grumbled, annoyed that he'd dragged me out of my fantasy.
'Dude, you know you can't read your tea leaves without first drinking the tea, right?' Mike interjected as I continued to stare at my tea. I lifted the disposable cup to my mouth and took a long mouthful whilst glaring at Mike. He chuckled and looked away.
'Just saying, bro, you kind of zoned out,' Mike added.
'Oh man, you're dribbling!' Jaime chimed, pointing at me and giggling. I looked up at Vic hoping he hadn't seen. A small smile played at his lips as he tried to suppress his laughter. Way to go, Kellin, he's laughing at you.
He pulled a tissue from the center of the table and handed it to me. Lightening traveled through my fingers, up my arm and into my chest as our hands brushed together. I looked up from our hands into his eyes. He had the same bewildered look I was probably wearing. He'd felt it too, I know he had. His eyes wandered from my eyes down to my mouth. He bit down on his bottom lip and I winked at him. I'm not sure why, it just...felt right? I don't know, but he wasn't complaining.
'Oh boy, did anyone else just see that? They totally just eye fucked!' Jaime announced.
'Bro, you realize you're holding his hand, right? And Kells, dude, you're still dribbling.' Mike pointed out.
Vic quickly pulled his hand away as I wiped away the tea trickling down my chin. I felt bad for getting Vic into a situation like this. Chewing my lip, I looked down awkwardly.
'I ship it!' Jaime shouted almost too enthusiastically.
'How do you even know what shipping is?' Tony finally piped up.
'Oh, some fans told me at a show a while ago,' Jaime shrugged. 'Apparently they even ship me with Vic!'
Everyone glared at Jaime who then sank in his seat.
'Aaaand now I've made things awkward. I mean, he's yours, bro, you can have him!' Jaime added, flipping his hands up to me, palms up. My heart skipped a beat at the thought of Vic actually being mine.
Tony looked between Vic and I as if assessing us.
'Eh, I don't know, I think they'd actually be good together. I wouldn't go as far 'shipping' them though or writing fanfiction. Who would do something that creepy?' Tony shuddered.
They continued to argue among themselves about who'd be the man in the relationship and which one of us is most likely to come out first. I hadn't really 'come out' but I knew I liked guys. I wouldn't really have a problem telling people, most just seem to assume it. Vic on the other hand, I think he'd have a little more trouble accepting and announcing it.
He looked up at me and mouthed 'you wanna leave?'
I nodded as he stood up and brushed himself off. He squeezed past Mike and out of the booth.
'I'm gonna go for a walk, I'll meet you guys later.' He looked down at me and raised his eyebrows slightly.
'You mind if I come with you? I'm feeling a little sick, I need air.'
He shrugged and nodded in return as if he didn't care. I stood up and followed him out of the cafe.

We walked in silence until we reached a cluster of cliffs overlooking the beach. We eventually started talking about everything and anything. Every time the conversation started to die down, I scrambled to come up with a new topic of discussion. I finally decided we needed to talk about what happened.
'Pretty crazy, I mean, what happened back there, hey?' I mentally kicked myself as I stumbled over my words.
Vic put his hand on my shoulder and pulled us both to a halt. He turned me around to look at him and sighed.
'Look, Kellin, please, whatever they say to you, ignore it. They're always teasing me about this stuff and I don't want you to get hurt from it. Seriously, what they're saying is just a joke, none of it is true, okay?' His words were harsh but his reassuring smile softened them. He must have noticed my hurt expression because he grabbed my hand and shouted, 'To the beach!' and started running, dragging me along behind him.

As we reached the sandy ground, I stumbled, dragging us both down the sand. We both lay there next to each other, the summer sun beating down on us. We laughed and threw playful punches at each other. I accidentally hit his bandaged hand. He pulled it to his chest protectively and hissed in pain. I pried his hand away from him and inspected it.
'I'm so sorry!' I exclaimed.
'Kellin, shut up!' He replied, amused.
Only when I looked up from his hand did I realize he was staring up at me. I reached down and moved the hair from his face. He stared at my mouth and parted his lips slightly, edging the tiniest bit towards me. I subtly licked my lips and moved a little closer. This was really going to happen. Words couldn't explain what was going on inside of me right now. Fireworks exploded behind my eyes, butterflies invaded my stomach as oceans crashed in my lungs. The sound of the sea in my ears made me dizzier with every heartbeat. I closed my eyes and just as our lips almost touched, he pulled away. Sensing his absence, my eyes flew open. I looked up to see him pacing across the sand in front of me. I thought he was going to leave until he turned to me, running his hands thoughtfully through his hair.
'I can't, Kellin, I just-, I'm sorry,' he smiled down at me apologetically. I buried my hands in the sand then ripped them out suddenly.
'Eh, what ever, it's fine.' It was not fine. He'd just ripped my fucking heart out with his bare hands.
He squatted in front of me and whispered barely audibly, 'race you to the sea.' And with that, he was sprinting down the uneven ground.
I quickly shot up and chased after him. I managed to catch up just as we reached the shore. We both stood facing each other, bent over with our hands on our knees, fighting for breath.
'I think I won that one,' Vic claimed, panting between each word.
I punched his arm and pushed him over into the water. Panic tightened my chest for a split second when he took a little too long to come back up for air. I felt something tug at my legs. My heart jumped as I was pulled under. The waves thrashed against me as Vic and I bobbed to the surface.
'You bastard!' I yelled, chuckling. We messed around in the sea for a little longer then decided to dry off. We walked along the shore for a while. We talked about funny fan experiences and all the times we've fucked up on stage.
'I remember that time, I'd got on stage and did the whole 'How're you doing tonight, Pittsburgh?', safe to say, we weren't even in Pittsburgh.'
I bent over in uncontrollable fits of giggles at Vic's stupidity. What he did had hurt, but I think we'd still be okay.
As we walked along the shore, our hands kept brushing against each other. I finally decided to distance myself from him a little in case he thought I was doing it on purpose. To my surprise, he grabbed my hand and pulled me back over.
'Come baaaack,' he moaned, entwining our fingers together. We walked like that for a while, not speaking. Eventually, I decided to stop hopping for something to happen. I had to find out what he really wanted.
'Don't play with me, Vic,' I mumbled, my voice squeaking a little
'I'm not,' he replied. He sounded a little hurt.
'Yes, you are. You can't just tell me what happened meant nothing, then try to win me back. I'm not your toy. You either want me, or you don't, okay?' I asserted, sternly.
'Kells, there are a lot of things that people don't know about me. Not even the band know, only Mike. I want to tell you, I've wanted to for a while, but I'm worried it'll hurt or worry you. I didn't want to kiss you because that might mean we're classed as a 'thing', you know? Then I'd be dragging you into something without you even knowing certain things about me. You'd get hurt,' he replied.
'Isn't that the point though, Vic? Sometimes when you want something so bad, you risk getting hurt in the process. And guess what? It already hurts being lead on. Judging your every move, trying to decide if you want me or if this is just meaningless flirting.'
Vic spun me around and studied my face for a while. 'I do want you,' he shrugged. 'No, really, I do, I just want you to know a few things before we actually turn this into anything more. I'll tell you soon, I promise. Then it's up to you if you want us to be something or not, 'cause I sure do.'
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote this out chapter out and I was so happy with it but Mibba decided to tell me I couldn't publish it because I wasn't logged in. I had logged in though so I don't understand how that happened. I'm so angry, I had to write the whole thing out again.
It's done now though, so enjoy!

I'll be updating less now because I go back to school in two days and exams start in a month. I'll try to update at least 3 times a week.
Please comment and let me know what you guys think:)

Title is Don't You Ever Forget About Me-Sleeping With Sirens