On the Edge

Plans

Brent’s POV:

I am still smiling as she says it.

“Brent, is she being serious right now?” Emily asks and I nod.

“She is completely serious.” I say.

“So when are you officially normal again? I want to celebrate by taking you clubbing.” Dawn says and Karli laughs.

“The doctor said I should rest for a few months, but when I really feel good I can do what I want. He said I should just listen to my body.” I replay the conversation in my head and I think I’ll take her out on our one year anniversary.

“Brent, what are you thinking about?” Dillon pulls me aside.

“When I’m going to celebrate with Karli. I am so happy she’s alright.”

“Did you make your deal with her? That she’s going to Times Square with you?” He asks.

“Yeah, we made that deal.” I say and he grins.

“Little Brent is going to be engaged.”

“We don’t know that yet.” I look at Karli and she waves.

“Maybe you don’t know it, but the rest of us guys know it. So do her friends and her parents.”

“Did you tell them all?!” I whisper yell.

“Cameron cannot keep a secret to save his life.” I laugh.

“No, I guess he can’t.” We walk back to the group and I take Karli’s hand.

“Brent says he’s taking you to New York when you feel better. Is that true?” Dillon asks Karli.

“That was the deal we made, not that I mind.”

“Be careful flying. There are crying babies everywhere.” We all laugh at him. “It’s true.”

“Oh, Dillon, you’re so funny.” Michelle kisses him.

“Don’t worry, I’ll rent a helicopter for just us.”

“That is so romantic, baby.” Karli kisses me.

“So, when is he taking you?” Mrs. Levi asks and Karli looks at me.

“Brent, when are we going?”

“I’m thinking we can go for our one year anniversary.”

“Okay, I like that idea.” We all sit and talk for a while then everyone leaves. “Are you staying, Brent?”

“Actually, Karli, I was going to talk to you about that. I can stay if you feel like you might need me. Or I can go and just be a phone call away.”

“I want you to move in with me.” She says and I look at her.

“Okay, I can start moving in this weekend, maybe tomorrow. Which room do you want me to be in?” She smiles and laughs a little.

“If you’re okay with it, I figured we could share a room.” She’s turning red and I do, too. This is just the cherry on my plan.

“That sounds like a plan.” I kiss her.

“Maybe we should start this plan tonight.” She says and I pick her up.

“Okay, but you, my dear, are going straight to sleep.”

“I would expect nothing less from you. You respect me too much and I love it.”

“Yes I do. I almost lost you and I am not going to forget that feeling.”

“Well you have me now and forever.” She says and is asleep almost the minute I start walking.

*****************************