On the Edge

Rainy Day

Karli’s POV:

August 15, my two year anniversary with Brent and the day I marry him.

“Oh, my goodness, Karli Levi, you are getting married!” Dawn screams more on each word.

“I know I am. I can’t believe it.” All the girls are engaged now. Dillon and Michelle were actually married a few months ago.

“Neither can we.” Brittany and Mrs. Schneiders walk in with my mom.

“This is all so real now.” I look at myself in the mirror and smooth my dress down. I tuck a few strands of hair behind my ear.

“You’ll be fine.” Kristle hugs me. She has a job as a pediatric nurse and starts tomorrow. My dad walks in to walk me down the aisle. Brent smiles when I walk in. He takes my hands and the ceremony starts.

“I now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Brent Schneiders.” I hear right before Brent kisses me. I love all of this.

“Are you ready for the reception?” He asks me as we head to the limo.

“Yes, because it means you are mine and I am yours forever.” I say with tears in my eyes. “This day is better than I ever imagined it would be.”

“I was hoping for that.” He says as I put my head on his shoulder.

“You definitely succeeded.” I tell him. He planned a lot of this and I just agreed to it, trusting him. We pull in to the club and everyone is sitting.

“Are we going to eat before we dance?” He asks me and I laugh.

“Sure, we can have dinner first.”

“You are so understanding of my needs.”

“That is all part of this thing we got in to.” I tell him and we’re both laughing.

“Look, it’s the newlyweds!” Dawn and Zach yell. They could not be a more perfect match for each other.

“Why did we pick them for our friends?” I ask when I see our friends dancing like idiots.

“Because as much as we hate to admit it, we’re just like them.” Brent tells me and I have to admit he is right.

“That is so true.”

“Hey, baby.” My mom walks up to us and fixes my dress.

“Hi, mom.” I am so glad to have her back in my life. She kisses me and leads us to the table. Everyone gets food and starts eating.

“Karli, you picked a great menu.” Brent says with his mouth full.

“I picked all of your favorites.” I tell him laughing.

“Exactly my point. Really great job, my dear.” I see the door open.

“Oh, my gosh, is it really Brad Paisley?” I ask Brent as Brad sets up and starts playing She’s Everything.

“Yes, it really is him.” Brent tells me as he leads me to the dance floor.

“Sweetie, I thought I said he didn’t have to perform and we should save our money! Not that I don’t love it.”

“You said to save the money for a rainy day and it’s raining today. Happy rainy day, Karli Schneiders.” Brent says as he spins and kisses me.

“Happy rainy day, my husband.”

*****************************