Status: Finished!

Blueberries

three

On the way to the coffee shop, my mind drifted off to the question that had been bugging me ever since Vic called - was this a date?
I didn't think so - Vic did call me cute once, but that may have been his honest opinion. He may be very open, I don't know if he's gay. Me, on the other hand, have had some experience batting for both teams. Sure, it may have only been an innocent kiss with another boy when I was fifteen, but still, I was pretty sure I liked it.
The boy was seventeen at the time, and we had barely known each other - we met online and I had told him that I was seventeen too, because well, I found him very attractive. After a bit of flirting for a couple of days, we agreed to meet up, and he came over to my place while my parents were at work. We sat on my bed and watched a boring horror movie for a bit before he leant over me and placed a gentle kiss to my lips. It was nice; his lips were soft and molded against mine perfectly, and the kiss broke off sooner than I would've liked him too.
I'd like to think of him as my first real crush, though he moved away in the summer and we haven't been in contact since.
Has Vic ever had experience with a guy? I kind of hoped he was gay, or at least bi. He was very cute, his hair falling around his shoulders in little curls, and his dark brown eyes seeming to glow.
Damn it, i'm getting ahead of myself here - I didn't know anything about this guy!
I pulled up in front of the little cafe and got out of my car, closing the door behind me and heading for the entrance.
When I reached it, I opened the door and went inside, looking at my surroundings. The cafe was small and quaint, a homey feeling drifting around the place. It was cool inside, and, not spotting Vic anywhere, I decided to go ahead and take a seat. I walked over to a table and sat down, making myself comfortable while I waited.
Maybe 5 minutes later I heard the little bell on top of the door jingle, and I looked up to see Vic standing there glancing around. He wore a white button up with the top button undone and the sleeves rolled up to his forearms, and a pair of black skinny jeans clinging to his legs. On his feet were a pair of black on white Vans, and his hair was straightened, a black beanie perched upon his head. Overall, he looked great.
I was about to call out to him when he looked right right a meet, a smile immediately gracing his features as he did so. Scratch that, he didn't just look great - he looked amazing.
He made his way over to me and sat across from me, pushing his chair closer as he sat down.
"Hey there," he spoke, playfulness laced in his tone.
I smiled at him, reaching up subconsciously to brush my hair behind my ear. "Hey, how are you?"
He shrugged, "I'm doing great. Today's been really good, I actually got a full night's sleep last night," He chuckled.
The smile never left my face as I took notice of the chipper mood he was in, it was contagious. "Ah, sleepless nights. I remember those. Good thing Elias is old enough to sleep soundly through the night now."
"Eva's been getting better at sleeping, though I still need to wake up a lot to feed her her bottles." He spoke.
I nodded, listening intently to his words. "As crazy as it sounds, I actually kinda miss those days. Elias is getting so old, he's basically independent now." I said in a joking tone. He laughed, shaking his head. "Maybe we can trade kids for a day, see how much you'll like it then."
We continued on like that, talking about our children some more before the conversation took a turn and we started talking about our lives. I learned that Vic lives alone as well, in his own apartment with Eva. He worked at a small business selling clothing, and his boss was very nice and understanding so whenever he didn't have any other choice he brought Eva to work with him. As he was talking, I took the chance to take in his features - plush lips, a narrow, button nose, and tired eyes with bags under them.
I suppose my eyes looked the same - it was hard and tiring taking care of a young child, though I loved it nonetheless. After a while, we ordered our coffees and drunk them in comfortable silence, him staring down into his cup and taking small sips. HE was absolutely adorable, I decided - the way he looked so focused on the liquid inside the cup, his eyebrows the least bit furrowed. We finished up and paid, and as we headed toward the door I found myself wanting to spend more time with this man. We finally reached outside, and we both turned toward each other, knowing this was goodbye for a while.
"So, i'll see you around?" He asked, hope shining through his eyes.
"Definitely." I said, smiling at him.
He smiled back, relief on his features. "See you, Kellin."
"Yeah, see you." I said, backing up toward my car. He waved once more before turning around and walking away, and I already found myself wanting to talk to him again, getting lost in his words.
I sighed, heading toward my car - this boy will be the death of me.

--
"Can you read me a story, daddy?" Eli asked from his spot under his blankets, rubbing his eyes tiredly.
I smiled - stories were always his favorite. "Of course. How about I create my own?"
"Yeah!" he spoke excitedly, clutching the blankets to his chest.
I nodded and rearranged myself on his bed, sitting closer to him. "Once upon a time, there was a dragon by the name of Jake. This dragon wasn't any ordinary dragon, no - he had special powers. Unlike any of the other dragons in dragonland, he could see into the future.
"Because of this, all the other dragons ridiculed him. They called him names and they didn't allow him to play in their dragon games, and Jake was very, very lonely."
"That's not very nice," Eli pouted, his eyes drooping sleepily.
"No, it's not, but you gotta hear the rest of the story bub." I said. "So, Jake was lonely. He was inside his room one day, playing with his scales, when he got a vision - there was an evil dragon headed toward dragonland! He got up in a hurry, running to his door and out of his house, to warn the natives.
" 'Help, help!' he roared, calling out to any and every one who would listen. Pretty soon there was a crowd formed around him, and s they did, he spoke his news. Everyone knew of Jake's power, so immediately they got on guard, awaiting the evil to come. Soon enough, the vil dragon appeared, spitting fire everywhere. What he didn't know was that the natives would be prepared, so he was surprised when he saw everyone charging toward him. He was scared; so scared that he flew back out of dragonland, over to a place where bad dragons like him live.
"After that, everyone loved jake for saving them - they even named him mayor of dragonland for his brave acts. He got friends, he even got a smokin hot dragon girlfriend, and Jake was never alone again. The end."
I looked over to a fast asleep Elias, cuddled deep inside the blankets and breathing soundly. I chuckled; as much as he loved stories he could never stay awake during them. I stood up, tucked him in deeper, and kissed his forehead before shutting his door gently, walking to my room. Once I got there, I climbed into bed, closing my eyes, letting sleep take me away into whatever tomorrow held for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this took so long, life sucks lately but its getting better and yep hope u all enjoy. comment and subscribe!! <3