Status: Will try and update soon. Please comment though!

The Darker Side of Me

Goodbye Johnny

Goodbye Johnny!
I remember the day that Johnny and my I mean his mom left. It feels like just yesterday they were packed up and driving away. But in reality it has been nine years, it was my 7th birthday, I noticed that my mom was talking more and more with her ex more than normal anyway. Johnny was teaching me how to play his bass guitar as a birthday present, when daddy stormed into the house. Mom was hot on his tail, hours later Johnny and his mom where driving away never to be heard from again.
Flashback 9 years ago
“Johnny please don’t go! Stay here with me and daddy please” I cried holding his hand through the open car window.
“I would but my family needs me, and I miss my dad I promise to stay in contact with you Katherine. I love you so much don’t ever forget that” Johnny said as his mother got in the car. Still holding his hand as the car started I held on tighter, trying to keep hold of it while running alongside the car.
“Come on let them go Katherine, you heard what she said. She wants her old life back the one that doesn’t involve us.” My dad Garret said grabbing hold of me, making my contact with Johnny break.
“No daddy let go I want Johnny” I screamed as daddy dragged me into the house. “Listen to me Katherine they are dead to us do you understand me, I don’t want to hear of them ever again” Garret spoke calmly trying to get his point across.
“No daddy they are not dead, I want them not you” I screamed and stomped my foot pouting. The stinging in my check and the fact that I was laying on the ground shocked me. “d daddy why” tears streamed down my checks soothing the heat for only a moment. I looked up at my father and for the first time I saw him for the true monster he really was.
End of flashback
That’s when my good luck ran out. I don’t celebrate my birthday anymore; every year it’s a day that my life becomes even more of a living hell. Right after they left my father took back all my new presents. Telling me it was my fault that my mom had died years prior to this. Also it was because I wasn’t a good girl that Johnny and my, I mean his mother left. It was the first night I went to bed hungry and bruised. He also told me that they really didn’t love me; I guess he was right all along. If they loved me they would have called me back all the times I called them leaving voice mails. I just pray that tomorrow on my 16 birthday I survive it to live another day.
Johnny’s P.O.V. Present day
I feel so bad that my dad ruined Katherine’s 7th birthday. He just had to call and tell my mother he was sorry. I kept the phone I had back then hoping she would call, but the last phone call I got from her was four years ago on her thirteenth birthday. I know keeping the phone was against all my training but I hoped she would call me so I could hear her voice now that she is older. I have a feeling that the only thing she remembers about her birthday is the fact that the only mother she knew walked away and never looked back. I bet she also remembers the promise I made that I would always stay in contact with her. That promise turned into a broken one once I found out what my father was hiding. You see when we got home he took us aside and said that once I turned seventeen everything would change. You see I’m a descendent of the Ojibwa Clan who believed in guardian spirits, who appear in the form of an animal. As more things that go bump in the night came to light. Our people started to change to help protect people from this new evil that was and is hidden. That meant I had to stop all contact with everyone who wasn’t a part of the supernatural world. It was to protect them and keep them safe from the dangers in this world. I just wish that I could have stayed in contact with Katherine, but her safety takes my highest priority. I remember the tears streaming down her face as my mother and I drove away. If I could change anything it would be to see her smiling face, but her tear stained checks are forever imprinted in my mind. If I had known at the time it would be my last time seeing her I would have never left her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Rewritten Short but more to come!
Please comment! :)