Status: Will try and update soon. Please comment though!

The Darker Side of Me

Power!

“So you finally are going to do it?” Abby asks me as we lay on her double sized bed. “Yep. I just can’t stand it there any more Abs. I feel like I’m walking on ice. One wrong move and I’m done for.” I reply. She glances at me and I can feel her eyes looking over my new bruises. She doesn’t comment on anything, but I know what she is thinking. “Hey, when did you start wearing perfume again?” I ask, sifting the conversation to an easier topic. “I haven’t. I spilt a tiny bit on my wrist this morning because I couldn’t find the light switch. How did you know? I can’t even smell it.” Abby’s eyebrows knit together in confusion and I mirror her expression. “Weird.” We both mutter and laugh. “You owe me a soda.” I say before she can. She snaps her fingers and I giggle. This was why Abby was my best friend. She’s kind caring and above all FUN! I sniff the air and sit up. “Is your Mom making peanut butter cookies again?” I whine. Abby walks out of her room and peers down the hallway. “Yep. And I hope she doesn’t burn them.” I nod, but my eyes narrow in on one particular spot on Abby’s shirt. It was a small brown stain just under her left rib on the back. “When did you get that?” I ask, eyes squinted. My friend tries (and fails) to see what I’m talking about. When she finally locates the spot she shrugs. “I don’t know. I have never noticed it before. How did you?” She arches an eyebrow. I shrug it off. “I’m not sure, it’s like a high definition magnifying glass is in my pupils.” I comment. She opens her door wider and we both step out and go into her apartment’s kitchen. Her Mom is standing in the middle of the bright cheery yellow kitchen reading a cook book. “Hey Mom, how’s the cooking going?” Abby asks, taking a spot on a stool. I take the seat next to her. “You tell me.” Mrs. Watts hands us a cookie tray and on it are 12 golden cookies. We each grab one and take a bite. “Um.. pretty good.. I guess. But I would stick to Dad doing the baking.” Abby gulps dramatically and Mrs. Watts lightly hits her on the shoulder. “It could use a tad more sugar and a bit less vanilla. Also, you may want to try skim milk instead of 2%.” I say like I’m teaching a science class. Both women stare and me with huge eyes. I look back at them. “What?” I ask, kid-of annoyed. “How did… what the…. You said…” Abby’s Mom can’t finish a sentence at that starts to worry me. “Can I talk to you?” Abby asks sweetly. When I don’t reply she adds, “Now.” She grabs my arms and pulls me into the hallway. “What the heck is going on with you? First you smell the cookies, then you see the stain on my shirt, and now you can taste what exact ingredients my Mom put into the cookies?! What did your Dad do?! What happened. And this time don’t just say, ‘Oh he was having a party and things went a little out of control’. I want details and I want them now!” Abby crosses her arm and taps her foot impatiently. She is dead serious and I know she isn’t playing games. “You aren’t going to believe me though.” I say, after taking a deep breath. “I’m your best friend in the world. We don’t lie to each other and I don’t want to start now.” I lead her back to her red themed bedroom and we sit down on her massive bed. “Okay. Here goes nothing.”
“Just before I called you, my Dad, I mean Garret came home with his wacky friends. After getting some beer and serving out some cards they were talking about me. How I would become the ultimate weapon. A weapon the combined the skills and knowledge of a vampire, werewolf and demon. I would be unstoppable and no force would be able to bring me down. With me, Garret and his friends would be unstop of the world, and no one could stop me.” It takes a while, but I finally get all the information out. Abby doesn’t move, just stares at me the whole time. “I need to go and check on Zoey.” She whispers and leaves the room. I sign, disappointed. She doesn’t believe me and probably think I’m a wack-job. She comes back, little Zoey holding onto her hand. “Her Zoey.” I call. She points her head in my general direction, but I know I’ll have to speak more for her to really be ‘looking’ at me. That’s the problem with being blind, you can’t look people right in the eye. Zoey has been blind since she was 4, which was 6 years ago. Zoey is an extremely smart girl, and she is in grade 6 at a school for the blind. She is only home on weekends since the school is overnight. “Hi Kat. Abby said that you needed to tell me something?” She asks in a small voice as her bigger sister leads her to a chair. I stare at Abby with disbelief. Are you kidding me?! Abby just shakes her head, refusing to meet my gaze. I roll my eyes and repeat what I said. Zoey nods throughout the whole time and says at the end, “I believe her.” Abby and I both look at her with shock. “Really?” We both ask. “Yes. Kat wasn’t lying. Her voice didn’t go up once and it was steady the whole time. Kat either got really good at lying – which we both know is not the case since she is horrible at it – so she must be telling to truth.” Zoey concluded. And she did have a point. I couldn’t lie if my life depended on it. (Which I really hoped it didn’t because if it did – I’m screwed.) “Alright, then you’re telling the truth. So what now?” Abby asks flinging her arms up in the air.
“Now… now we find someone who can tell me that is going on.”
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think?
Please comment! :)