Status: Will try and update soon. Please comment though!

The Darker Side of Me

A little white lie and a miracle!

Kat's POV

“Now I called my brother Johnny and asked if I can stay with him. I will told him things at home haven’t been all that great. The only bad thing is he lives in Huntington Beach, California. If I go Abs, I won’t see you as much, and I see you and Zoey as my sisters. What will I do without you guys?” My voice shook with unshed tears, just at the thought of losing my only family.
“Oh Kat you know you won’t lose me! You’re stuck with me for life whether you like it or not! But I’m going to miss you, who’s going to talk to me about boys or try my mom’s awful cooking? I don’t care if you move to Pluto, I would still find a way to see you.” Abby said getting up and hugging me.
“You know, I’m only going to be a phone call away and I don’t care what time it is. You can call me and we can talk boys or anything else you want to talk about ok Abs? Same goes for you Zoey, you are like the little sister I never had.” I got up and went over to Zoey bending down to hug her. When I touched her white light lit up the room, as my hands grew warmer and warmer.
“What’s going on? Why is it getting lighter in here?” Zoey’s voice shook. As the light got dimmer and dimmer Zoey’s eyes started to change from pure white to their original color. They were blue before she became blind.
“I can see fuzzy shapes, but it’s slowly starting to come into focus. How did you do that?” Zoey asks, then adds, “Thank you Kat, this means the world to me that you would choose to heal me. It’s obvious to me why your mother told you that you have good running in you Kat. Never forget where you come from. I can see that you are going to have a hard road ahead of you but as long as you remember who you are you will be ok. ” Zoey smiled and for the first time in years looked at me, without me even speaking.
“Holy crap! did you just, oh my gosh. You where telling me the truth. Whatever your father did it changed you, dude this is so cool!” Abby nervously rambled.
“Abs deep breaths, we don’t know for sure if it was me. Or if it was something left over from when my mother hugged me. Sure it would be a cool power but let’s not get our hopes up. We don’t know how long the eye sight is going to last, so let’s wait before we celebrate ok?” I said taking a drink of my soda.
“Kat I think that if my eye sight is coming back right now it will be permanent. Believe in yourself, I know it’s hard with all the changes you are experiencing. But you will be ok, I see that you have a light that shines through you. It will help you fight that evil.” Zoey said with a knowing smile.
“Thanks Zoey, that means a lot to me. Alright I go, my brother will be expecting me soon.” I picked up my phone and walked out of the room to the guest room. Dialing a fake number, I pretend to listen to it ring and then have a “conversation” “Hey Johnny, this is Kat I mean Katherine I was wondering if you would mind picking me up from the bus station in Huntington? You will? Thanks, that’s great! I will catch a ride on the grey hound and meet you in Huntington.” Hanging up the phone I walked out to see Abby and Zoey waiting to see what happened. “He said I could if I can get a ride so I am going to go on the Grey Hound and he will meet me at the station.”
“So let’s get this straight, you are going to travel from New York to California on Grey Hound?! That’s crazy! Only you would do that; I would be afraid that someone would go after me. But then again you can totally take them out now.” Abby threw her hands up in the air, sighing and landing on her bed. “Oh how I wish I could take out evil doers, dude you can be a super hero. All you need is, oh wait, you have two sidekicks right here what do you say?”
“Abby, you think too much, besides that would never work you would be the damsel in distress while the bad guy got away.” Laughing as I shake my head.
“Hey that’s not nice, even though it’s true. I guess you’re right about that idea, so what you going to be a solo act.” Abby asks getting up.
“No! I will not be playing the hero or the villain.” I say rolling my eyes.
… Later at the Grey Hound …
“I love you guys so much, I am so going to miss seeing your face. I swear I will call the moment I get there.” Hugging everybody goodbye was bittersweet.
“Don’t you forget about us little people, or I swear your father will be the least of your worries.” Abby threatens, hugging me with a smirk.
“Never, you are my only family I won’t forget that anytime soon. Love you guys! See you soon!” I said right as the bus was called for last boarding.
Getting on the bus and watching as my family shrank away to nothing in the window was hard. Leaning my head against the cold window felt good, taking the edge off my headache. I had no idea where I was really headed to, but as long as it was away from my father.
I must have fallen asleep because when I came to, we were pulling into a small town.
“Ok folks we are taking a half hour break, be back on the bus at 6:30pm or we will leave you behind.” the bus driver told everyone.
Getting up with my bag I walked off the bus, taking a deep breath of fresh air was a relive. Looking around I saw a subway about a block down the road, I was heading that way I was just about there when I was grabbed from behind.

Zane’s POV

Just my luck my car broke down and I had to be towed to a small ass town. It would take at least a couple of days just to get the parts!
Walking down the street from the garage I was assaulted with the scent of my maker. Only it wasn’t as strong with an undertone of something else, so I took off in a run I followed the scent.
There was a delicate girl and the scent was coming off of her. “She was one of us!” My wolf growled at me. Without thinking I rushed the girl from behind and dragged her into the alley way.
“What the heck!” came a muffled voice from behind my hand. “Look, I’m not going to hurt you! Do you promise not to scream if I remove my hand?” I asked afraid she would scream the second I moved away from her. Nodding her head I slowly moved away from her.
“What the heck is your problem?! And did you seriously sniff my hair?!” asked the girl.
“Look, I’m sorry if I scared you but you need to learn to mask your identity. It’s not safe to be walking around with your scent in the air unless you are asking for trouble. By the way my name is Zane, what is yours?” Looking at her I can see confusion written all over her face.
“My name is Katherine but I go by Kat. And what are you talking about my scent? Look you seem like a really nice guy but I got to go.” She turned to walk away but I grabbed her arm.
“Please stay. I will tell you all about your scent and what I’m talking about. It’s obvious you were just turned and don’t know what happened.” I say, letting go beckoning her to follow me to the subway corner.

Kat’s POV

Biting my lip, I was unsure if I should trust this guy. For all I knew he could be working for my father! But on the other hand, what did I have to lose?
“Alright, so last night I was attacked at home. I don’t remember a whole lot but I know enough to know that it wasn’t good.” Going over the details with this stranger, but I got the feeling he was a safe person to trust.
“Alright Kat, here’s the thing about us. We give off a scent that calls out to others of our kind and other supernatural beings. But there are some who have mastered the ability to turn off that scent and only show it when in trouble to call for help. I know this might be a lot to take in, but if you don’t learn to hide who you are, let’s just say there are people who hunt us. Once they get your scent they will track you down and kill you. Plus if you learn to hide your scent, only the royal family will be able to smell you even if you have your scent hidden. Once you master hiding who you are, you can live like a regular human or well as much as one can. Do you want to learn to hide who you are? Zane asked me.
“Yes I do, I want to learn more about what we are and how my life is forever changed. So tell me Zane how do you hide your scent, so others can’t tell what you are” I asked looking at him.
“Well what you have to think about is putting up a stone wall all around your mind and then locking it into place. That will help with the scent and hide who you are but it takes a lot of energy to do it constantly. So what I would suggest is at night let it down and in the morning lock it up tight. Now you try it and I’ll tell you if it works.” he said looking at me.
Closing my eyes I could see myself and the other parts of me that were new. I separated myself from the other parts and locked them up so all that was left was a human girl with nothing to hide. Opening my eyes I looked at Zane “Like that?” I asked.
“Yes just like that! I wouldn’t even know you were one of us if I hadn’t run into you beforehand. Good job at hiding it your first try, it took me at least a week to hide them.” Zane said smiling at me.
Looking at the clock I realized that the bus had left half an hour ago. “Crap, my bus left me here. I guess I will just find another way.” I said.
“Where you planning on going? If you don’t mind me asking?” Zane said looking at the clock as it read 7:10.
“Well, I was heading to California like Huntington Beach area.” I said while yawning.
“Well I guess you are in luck I live there in Huntington Beach. I can give you a ride and tell you more about being a werewolf if you want.” Zane smiled looking down.
“That would be great! Thank you so much Zane that means a lot.” I smiled at him. That’s how a couple of days later we were on our way to becoming friends on a road trip.

Johnny’s POV

My phone rang. I hardly heard it, since I was once again thinking of my little sister Katherine. I had to protect her, and by keeping her away I was doing just that. But I had a feeling that my life was about to change. What that change was, I don’t know, but deep in my bones I know something or someone was coming.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its late! but here it is comment please!!!