Status: Will try and update soon. Please comment though!

The Darker Side of Me

A Turn in Events

Zoey’s POV

I watched as the Grey-Hound bus slowly pulled away from the curb, along with one of my best friends and role models, Kat. I really was going to miss that fun loving gal. She never let her dad or even life defeat her, no matter when times got tough. I hope she never lost sight of that, since there was evil flowing through her veins.

Abby draped her arm around my shoulders and we headed back to her shiny new Versa Hatchback. I never knew the color was that shade of blue.
There is so much you miss when your blind.

“So sis, how are we going to explain to Mom and Dad that you can see?” Abby asked.

“I have no clue. There aren’t going to believe that Kat healed me and they aren’t going to believe that you and I did something that returned my eyesight. And they are most defiantly not going to think that my eyesight just returned naturally. So, I’m suck pretending I’m blind.” I answer.

Abby opens my car door and I get in. I clip my seatbelt on as she slams the door shut and hops in the driver seat.

“Do you want to go get some ice-cream? Mom’s making another batch of cookies and I for one don’t want to be home when she does.” Abby starts the car and we pull away.

“I agree. Those things stink!”

------------------------------------------Later-------------------------------------------------

We had just finished at the Cream Cone and were driving home when I noticed a Frontier Crew Cab following us quite closely. Abby turned left, right and left again and the truck was still following us. I tapped Abby’s shoulder.

“Abs, we have someone following us. Don’t go home. Drive out the Barry’s old farm. If it’s just a coincidence, they’ll turn before. But if it’s not and we reach their place, you’re calling the cops.”

Abby turns slightly and sees what I’m talking about. Taking a deep breath she makes a quick U-Turn and heads towards the farm.

We were about hallway there on a double gravel road (one lane for going there are one lane for going back) when the truck stepped on the gas and was side by side.

I gasped. It was Kat’s Dad and 2 other guys who I didn’t know but assumed they had been the ones to attack her.

“Abby, you got to speed up! There’re going to drive us off the road!” I shout frantically.

Their car bumps into ours, making us move slightly to the right. Abby glances at them, and steps on the gas.

We inch ahead of them slowly, but they are right at our side in another moment.

“Find my cell phone and call the cops. This car can’t hold out much longer!” Abby yells at me, barely able to focus. The car slams into us another time, and we almost flip over.

I scramble for Abby’s cell-phone and with shaky fingers click 9-1-1.

“This is 9-1-1, what is your emergency?” A lady calmly said on the other end.

The truck smashes into us another time and I see a huge dent in Abby’s door. The left 2 tires lift a little bit off the ground and I see my older sister quickly wipe some sweat from her brow.

“Hello? Yes, we need the police here, right now.” I say shakily into the phone.

“What exactly is happening?” She asks.

“Some truck is trying to throw my sister and I off the road. The keep slamming into our car and ahh-” I don’t get to finish that sentence because the truck slams into us so hard we tip and roll.

3 times.

When the car finally stops, it is on its side.

“Hello? Hello? Ma’am are you there?” The lady voice asks.

I feel sick. I don’t think I’m hurt, because I don’t feel any pain, but the car is a wreck. The windows are smashed and the doors are all banged up. Even though we did roll on grass.

I unsteadily undo my seat belt and reached for the phone near my left foot.

“I don’t know where we are, but the truck flipped us off the road. I’m fine but my sister,” I glance at Abby and see her bloody forehead up against the glass. “Needs an ambulance. We are halfway to the John and Elise Barry’s old chicken farm. Please send help, we-”

The car door that isn’t pressed up against the glass is ripped open and a man stands there looking evilly at me. My now-seeing eyes widen and I scream and try to scramble away from him.
He chuckles darkly and snakes his arm around my waist and pulls me out of the car.

“Let go of me you stupid pig!” I scream, thrashing around like a crazy animal.

“Good job Lucas. Set the little one down and tell Marcus to the other one. Oh, and tie up the brats.” A man in black pressed pants and a perfectly white shirt said the guy holding me.

Lucas nodded.

“Hey! Let me go!” I scream at them, but Lucas only smiles.

My wrists are tied together with a coarse rope behind my back and my ankles are tied in front of me with duct tape. He then places a black rag around my eyes. Little does he know that I’m used to not seeing.

A body is sat beside me and I immediately know it’s my sister.
“Abby are you okay? How’s your head?” I ask, with deep concern.

“Fine. Just a little…sore.” She says, talking deep breathes in-between each word. She needs a doctor, fast.

“Are you blinded?” I ask.

“Yes. You?”

“Yes.”

“Crap.”

“Alright ladies, now that you had time to chit-chat, let’s get down to business. Where is my daughter?” A voice says, and I know that it is the massive jerk Garret who Kat has to call her dad.

“Don’t know.” I respond honestly. I had no idea where she was in Huntington Beach.

“Really? You have no clue? I came back to my house yesterday and she was gone. I looked at the place where she works and told that she had never come for her shift yesterday or today. She didn’t even collect her payment for this week. I know that she would tell her best friends where she is headed.” Garret says, and I tell by the sound of his pants that he is pacing back and forth in front of me and Abby.

Abby and I don’t say anything, and a few minutes pass without anybody speaking.

“I don’t want to hurt pretty little things like you, so I’m going to ask you one more time. Where is my daughter?” Garret’s voice sounds very close, I believe his face is right in front of mine.

“I’m going to tell you for the last time, we don’t know. So buzz off mister, because even if we did know where Kat was, you would be the last person we’d tell.” Abby retorts.

There is some chuckling behind me, and I know that Abby just hit the wrong key.

“I warned you. Lucas, if you please.” Garret says. I feel him walking away and the moment he does, an unbelievably painful feeling washes over me.

“Aaaaahhhhh!” I scream at the top of my lungs as I fall backwards, withering in pain on the ground. I feel like my skin is being lit on fire everything burning and melting away.

“Please, please stop! Torture me all you want just don’t hurt my sister! Please!” My sister shrieks over the sound of my screams.

The pain evaporates quickly, just leaving me with a dull throb. I moan, as I fade in and out of conciseness.

“Are you ready to tell us dear?” Garret asks in a sickly sweet voice.

“You thought I was going to tell you? Heck no! I said if you want to torture someone, hurt me. My sister has nothing to do with this. She’s blind for Pete’s sake! I won’t tell you anything, and I won’t have to. We already called the cops and they are going to lock your sorry aces in jail.” Abby replies smugly.

As if on cue, sirens are playing in the distance, approaching fast.

“Ah, I see you have tried to outsmart us. Bravo. No matter, we’ll just do this the hard way.” Garret replies and I feel him walking toward my sister.

My body is picked up and slung over someone’s shoulder.

“Hey, put me down! Abby! Abby, I won’t tell them anything! I love you!” I scream at my sister who is yelling like crazy.

“Zoey! Zoey I love you too and I’m so sorry! I’ll find you! I promise!” She shouts after me.

“Say goodnight little girl.” Lucas whispers, and I’m knocked out.

Abby’s POV

I feel someone walking towards me, and from the smell of his breath, I can tell it’s that idiot Garret. “We’ll return your sister when you tell us where Kat is. I have a feeling you’ll know where to find us. Don’t bother with the cops. You know we aren’t normal and those humans couldn’t stand a chance against us.” I feel him lift off the ground a walk away.

“Oh and don’t worry about telling us right away. When you’re immortal, you have all the time in the world.” He says.

Even though I blinded, I can tell he’s smirking.

“Oh Kat.” I think sadly. “What am I to do?”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, what did you think?
Please comment! :)