The Perfect Fan

Chapter 1

Paige Winters would never admit to anyone that she was excited to be standing in line with her best friend, Leo, to meet his favorite actor, Norman Reedus. She would never admit to anyone how much she wanted to meet him too. Paige was shy and had managed to keep her fan girl a secret from everyone. Leo, on the other hand, was almost jumping with excitement.

" You need to calm down, Leo. You're going to look like a freak." Paige hissed quietly.

" I can't help it! I can't believe we are actually here! Not only are we meeting them but we are at Comic Com!" Paige smiled as they moved a few paces forward.

" What are we doing after this?" Paige asked. Leo hooked his arm around her neck and leaned into her.

" Well, I thought we would hit up the stores then the bars later tonight." He said. He swept his hand through his short blond hair and grinned down at his friend. " I'm looking forward to ending my dry spell."

" I am so glad we have different rooms." Paige said. Leo laughed and pulled away from her.

Leo and Paige had been friends for years. They had tried to date briefly but quickly decided they were better off as friends. Leo was tall, blond, had bright green eyes and good looking but Paige preferred dark haired guys with blue eyes, just like the man in front of them. Leo, who was the most excited about meeting Norman, suddenly froze up. Norman was smiling at them and waiting patiently for one of them to speak. Paige looked at her friend quickly.

" Leo!" She said, nudging him.

" Ahh..." He said. Paige sighed and shook her head.

" I'm sorry. It would appear that my friend has lost his fucking mind." She said, looking at Norman who just kept his smile.

" It's okay." He stuck out his hand. Paige nudged Leo again who snapped to attention suddenly.

" Holy shit! It's actually you!" He said, shaking Norman's hand quickly.

" What's your name?" He asked.

" Leo. This is my friend Paige." Leo said quickly.

" It's nice to meet you guys. Do you want me to write anything special on the picture?" Norman asked.

" No, just whatever you want." Leo said, grinning like an idiot. Norman smiled and leaned down.

" Where are you guys from?" He asked as he started to sign the picture Leo had set down.

" We just moved to New York." Leo said. Paige held her breath, hoping it would cause her heart to slow down. She was sure he could hear it across the table.

" Oh really? You guys are going to love it there." Norman said. He stood up straight and handed over the picture.

" Wow, thank you so much. I'm a huge fan." Norman smiled and shook Leo's hand again.

" It was nice to meet you, Leo." He said. " You too, Paige." He shook Paige's hand then the friends walked away. Leo was jumping around the rest of the day.

XXXXXX

" The only thing that would make this day more perfect would be if I brought more than one girl back to the hotel tonight." Leo said as they walk into the bar later that night.

" For both of our sakes, I hope you do because I am so sick of your whining." Paige said. Leo laughed and pushed at his friend.

" Let's order some drinks." He said once they settled into the bar.

" What am I supposed to do while you are looking for girls?" Paige asked.

" Be my wing man, stupid." Leo said. Paige sighed and shook her head. Leo quickly ordered himself a beer and a Captn and Coke for Paige. " Look at that girl!" Leo pointed to a blond girl across the bar. He paid for their drinks and grinned down at Paige. " Wish me luck."

With a wink, Leo disappeared into the crowd. Paige sighed and sat down at the bar. She was used to this. They would go to the bar together but she always ended up hanging out by herself. He hadn't been having any luck lately with the girls and Paige hoped he would get laid that night so she didn't have to hear anymore of his whining. Leo didn't have a problem getting girls but since they moved to New York, his luck seemed to have run out.

" Hey, your name's Paige, right?" She held her breath and turned around slowly, knowing that voice anywhere.

" Yeah." She said quietly. Norman smiled and put his hands in his pockets.

" Where is your boyfriend at?" He asked, moving to her side and getting the bartender's attention.

" He's not my boyfriend. He's just my friend." She said, turning towards the bar. " And he is trying to pick up a girl." She pointed across the bar to Leo who was talking to the blond girl he had spotted.

" And he left you all alone? That's not nice." Norman said. He quickly ordered his drink then looked back at her.

" Oh, I'm used to it." Paige said, with a small laugh. Norman smiled as he sat down beside her.

" Really? He leaves you at bars a lot?" He asked.

' This is not happening!' Paige's mind was screaming. ' He did not just sit down beside me and start talking! '

" Well sometimes. Other times I act like his wingman. In a minute he will bring the girl to me, go to the bathroom, then I will have to come up with a story to tell her about him." She shook her head with a smile.

" What kind of story?" Norman asked.

" Well, it depends on the girl. He will text me and tell me if she is stupid or not. If she is, then I can pretty much say anything but if she's smart then I will have to think fast for something believeable." Paige said. As if on cue, her phone went off. She slipped it out of her pocket and Norman watched as she clicked open her text message. " Oh great, she's stupid and says the word ' like', a lot." He smiled as she replaced her phone. " I hate those types of girls."

" So what will you tell her?" He asked.

" Ah, I don't know. Maybe I'll say.....he's a solider getting ready to deploy. That one works a lot." Paige said, making him laugh. She looked back to her friend and hitched her head, giving him the sign that she was ready for him then she looked back at Norman. " That was our sign. He will being her over in a second."

" So can I stick around? I'd like to hear this." Norman asked.

" Sure." He smiled and moved over so there was a bar seat between them and turned so Leo won't notice him.

" Hey, Paige!" Leo called out. Paige sighed but plastered on her smile. " Hey, this is my friend, Paige. This is Jenna." Paige and the girl exchanged hellos and shook hands. " Keep her company, please. I'll be right back." Leo patted Jenna's back then walked away quickly.

" Wow, so you and Leo are friends? Like are you best friends?" Jenna asked.

" Yep." Paige said.

" That's so cool!" The girl said in a high pitch voice.

" Yep. But I won't try and get attacted to him." Paige said.

" Why not?" Jenna asked.

" Well, he is shipping out soon." Paige said.

" What does that mean?" Jenna asked. Paige's eyes narrowed slightly.

" He's going overseas." She said slowly.

" Oh is he, like, a pilot or something?" The girl asked.

" Why would you think he is a pilot?" Paige asked with a frown.

" You said he was going overseas. The only thing over the seas is the sky so he must be a pilot if he is going over the seas." Jenna blinked her big blue eyes and Paige rubbed her lips together to keep from laughing.

" Yeah, yeah he's a pilot. " She said.

" So is he flying to Canada?" Jenna asked.

" What?" Paige asked, wanting to kill her friend.

" Canada. If he flying to Canada? You said he was flying over the seas." Jenna said.

" You can't be this stu..." A hand clamped over her mouth suddenly, cutting her off mid-sentience.

" How are my girls getting along?" Leo asked as he squeezed Paige's mouth.

" So your friend said you were a pilot." Jenna said. Leo pulled away and looked at Paige who nodded.

" Yeah, that's right. I did and you are flying overseas......to Canada." Paige said. Leo frowned at his friend.

" What?" He asked.

" That's right, you heard me. Canada. It's over the seas." Paige said with a smirk.

" No, the sky is over the seas." Jenna shook her head and took Leo's arm. " Your friend's kind of dumb." Paige heard her say as Leo led her away.

" I'm dumb?" Paige snapped. Leo put his finger to his mouth and shot her a shut the fuck up look as he walked. Norman's laugh brought Paige's attention back to him. " She called me stupid. Can you believe that?" She said as he looked at her. He slipped back into the seat beside her.

" She sure did." He said, still laughing.

" He owes me so big for that." She said.

" I can't believe she thought overseas meant the sky." Norman said.

" Me either." Paige said.

" Well, it's been nice talking to you. Thanks for the laugh but I have to go. It was nice to see you again." He said, holding out his hand. Paige smiled as she shook it.

" It was nice to see you again." She said.

" Maybe I will see you around New York." He said, knowing it would never happen. New York City was huge.

" Maybe so." Paige said. Damn, she sure hoped so. Norman squeezed her hand before he let it go.

" Goodbye." He said with a smile before he turned around and headed out.