The Perfect Fan

Chapter 16

In the morning Paige let Norman led her to his shower. They recommitted themselves to each other with smiles, soft moans, groans and kisses. There were light touches and the soft sounds of skin slapping against skin. Afterwards, he dressed after her, smiling as she brushed her hair. This was what he had wanted, what he had been waiting for since becoming friends with her three months beforehand. She was smiling and laughing at something he said and he got a glimpse of how she used to be. It made him more determined to help bring her nightmare to an end.

Paige's eyes kept moving from Norman to Leo's room while she sat at his island. Norman was standing in front of her, pouring her coffee while he watched her. He glanced towards the room then back at her. She was nervous, he could see it. She didn't want her friend upset or angry with her and he couldn't blame her. Leo was more then a friend to her. He had pulled her through the worst time of her life. Leo had been her lifeline for a long time. Norman sighed and set the coffee down. He reached across the counter and placed his hand on top of hers.

" Go talk to him, Babe. It will make you both feel better." He said. Paige sighed and looked at him. "Go." He said with an easy smile and a squeeze to her hand.

She bit into her bottom lip and nodded. She pulled her hand away and stood up. Her hands came to rest against her stomach as she started towards the guest room. She wasn't sure what to say to him or if he would even talk to her. When she reached the door, she closed her eyes and knocked. Leo opened the door and frowned down at her.

" I think we should talk." Paige said. Leo looked away but moved to allow her into his room. He looked up at Norman a second before he shut the door. He leaned against it as he looked at his friend. Paige faced him then sat down on the bed.

" So you and him, huh?" Leo asked. He brought his hands to rest against the door. His hands were against his lower back and he was leaning against them.

" What?" Paige asked. Leo rolled his eyes and tried not to smile.

" You guys weren't as quiet as I'm sure you thought you were." He said. Paige blushed and shook her head quickly.

" Are you kidding?" She asked. Leo pushed away from the door and shook his head.

" No, I'm not. Disgusting." He said, walking over to the bed and sitting beside her. " At first I was like, what the hell is that? Then the sound got louder and faster a second before I heard you. I heard him next." Leo shuddered and faked gagged. " Disgusting. I'm sure I will never look at him or be able to watch his movies again without hearing his moaning. I'm scarred for life."

" You have no room to talk. I have heard you having sex more times then I can count." Paige said. Leo smiled and laughed slightly.

" Yeah, I guess that's true. I'm not really that quiet and I tend to make the ladies scream out, as you well remember." He said with a smirk.

" I don't think I ever screamed out." Paige said. Leo laughed and put his arm around her shoulders. He pulled her against him and rested his head against the side of hers.

" It did kind of seem like you were enjoying yourself more with him then you ever did with me but that's okay. It's Norman Reedus. I'm completely fine with being beaten out as your best lover by him." He said, making Paige laugh. They fell into silence for a few minutes before she spoke again.

" You know I have to do this. I have to finally take control of this." She said softly. Leo nodded as he sighed and squeezed her.

" I know." He said. " But I love you so you can't blame me for not being fond of this idea. The thought of you being in the room with Mike terrifies me, Paige. I can't help it. It actually makes my stomach hurt."

" Me too." She admitted.

" I shouldn't have blurting out what I did. I shouldn't have said anything about the rapes. I'm so sorry. If you wanted him to know about them then you should have been the one to tell him." Leo said.

" He didn't even ask me about it." Paige said softly. A knock came to the door, making them both look up.

" Hey, I'm going down to let Veck and the team up." Norman called out. Leo stood up and walked over to the door.

" I'll do it." Leo said after he opened the door. He looked back at Paige and smiled. " I love you, you disgusting whore." Paige smiled from her spot on the bed.

" You're disgusting." She said. Leo laughed and walked out. When Norman heard the door to his place close, he walked into the room and sat down beside her. He hook his arm around her neck and pulled her into him.

" You guys okay?" He asked, putting his lips against her head.

" Yeah. I think so." She said. He tapped her chin with his knuckles, making her look up at him. He smiled then kissed her gently.

XXXXXX

" Are you fucking crazy!" Leo yelled at Paige later that day while they stood outside of her store.

" Leo, we talked about this." She said, crossing her arms over her chest.

" If you go back to the apartment then you go alone! I am not about to let this guy take me out! We were doing fine staying at Norman's!" Leo yelled.

" I can not live there forever!" Paige yelled.

" Why the hell not! He is your boyfriend, you should live with him. I mean, are you stupid? I'm not leaving his place. I do not want to get killed. If you do this, you do it alone."

" Leo, please." Paige started as Leo backed away from her.

" No, Paige. I can't do this. I'm not going back there. I'm sorry but you are alone in this." Without another word Leo walked to his car and got inside it. Paige put her hands on her hips and watched as he drove away. The door to the store opened and Norman strolled out.

" You guys alright?" He asked. She shook her head.

" No." She said.

" Well I can't say I blame him. I think it's stupid too. You should just stay with me." He said.

" I don't want too. I have spent the past two years being scared, I'm done with it. I'm going home and I'm not getting into this with you again." Paige snapped as she faced him.

" Babe, you are being really dumb about this, I mean seriously fucking stupid. This guy wants to kill you. You are safe at my place. Stop being so fucking indepentent and just do what we are saying." Norman said.

" Did you really just call me dumb?" She asked in disbelief.

" Well when you make dumb choices like this then people are going to think you are stupid. Even Hotchner and Rossi said it was a stupid thing to do. You are going to be alone there. They are all leaving tonight so who is going to protect you at the apartment?" Norman asked. " Have you thought of that?"

" I am not stupid." She said. " I don't need protecting."

" Oh you don't? Was it your amazing fighting abilities that kept him from kidnapping you the first time?" Norman asked with a laugh. Paige frowned hard and narrowed her eyes at him.

" Fuck you! What do you know about it! You were even there!" She yelled.

" I know enough to know you got your stupid ass kidnapped the first time and now you expect us to just sit by and let it happen again. You know, maybe you aren't what I thought you were. I can't date someone I think has lost her mind." Norman said.

" Are you breaking up with me over this?" Paige asked.

" If you are leaving my apartment then yeah. It's a stupid move and I just don't get what you think you have to prove." He said. Paige took a deep breath and shook her head.

" I need to prove that he can't control my life." She said. " Are you really going to break things off because of this?"

" Yeah I mean, what do you expect me to do? You could be safe with me at my place but you're going home. I just think it's a stupid move and I'm not going to date a stupid girl. Sorry. But we had fun, right? The sex was really good but I'm not going to wait around to see if you are going to die or not." Norman said. "Sorry, Babe."