The Perfect Fan

chapter 7

" Hey Baby, you got everything handle?" Leo asked as he walked into her office. Paige sat back in her chair and sighed.

" Well, I got a hold of the publishers. They are all redirecting the orders I placed to our apartment for the time being. I just need to call the customers and tell them what happen and let them know I will still have their orders. Do you think I should put a sign up on the boards once they get them up?" She asked. Leo nodded as he sat down in the chair by her desk.

" Couldn't hurt. So you want to tell me how we managed to get Troy Duffy, Sean Patrick Flanery and Norman Reedus to help clean up this mess?" He asked with a grin. Paige shook her head.

" I have no idea." She said, making him laugh.

" You should see Hailey. She is dying out there. She is being such a girl. But it's not helping that Sean is openly flirting with her." Leo said as he leaned forward.

" How is it going out there? I feel bad being on the phone with you guys cleaning everything us." She said.

" Don't worry about it. Sean, James, Hailey and I are putting all the books in the boxes. Troy and Norman just finished up measuring the front of the store. They are talking about going and getting the boards now. I'm going to go to Dante's and get us all some lunch. Just so you now, Norman was asking me a lot of questions about you." Leo said quietly. " I think he kind of likes you."

He didn't kind of like her. He told her out right that he did like her.

" Hey, everything going okay in here?" Norman asked, making them both jump.

" Yeah." Paige said quickly. " I got a hold of the publishers and got the orders handed. I just need to call my customers." She sighed and stood up. " But I seriously need a break from the phones. I'm coming out there to help you guys."

" Well I'm going to leave and get everyone lunch." Leo said, following her example by standing up. " I'm going to take James with me so he can help carry the bags of food." Leo took a hold of Paige's arm and pulled her into a hug. " I'll be back, alright?" He said.

" Yeah." Paige said as she squeezed her friend. Leo smiled when he pulled away. He and Norman exchanged goodbyes before he walked out of the room. " I need to come with you when you go to get the boards so I can pay for them."

" We are ready to leave when you are." Norman said with a smile.

" Ah, is it okay to leave Hailey here with your friend? Is she bothering him?" Paige asked, grabbing her bag off the floor.

" Oh no, Sean is eating it up." He said with a smile.

" She's not making him uncomfortable? Leo said she was hitting on him."

" Oh she is but he is doing it to her too. He already got her number and I think they have plans for tonight." Norman said.

" That doesn't surprise me. Hailey is a fast mover." Paige said with a smile as she started out of her office.

" Then they will work out fine together." Norman said, following after her. " He tends to act fast too."

XXXXXX

They took Norman's truck with Paige sitting in between him and Troy. Troy was chatting her up. Norman could feel Paige's tension and was wondering if he shouldn't have said anything to her about getting her number. He was cursing himself for not waiting until she was not so stressed but she had asked why he was helping her. He had to tell her something.

When they got back to her store, the three of them walked into the main part of it. Troy and Norman wanted Sean to help carry the boards. But Norman and Paige exchanged a quick look to each other at the appearance of their two friends. Sean and Hailey were standing at different sides of the store, each putting books into boxes. The back of Sean's hair was sticking up in different directions and the bottom of his button down shirt was undone. Hailey's lipstick was gone and her cheeks were flushed. Paige's mouth tighten as she started towards Hailey. Norman was shooting Sean a death stare.

" Hey, come and help us with the boards." Norman said to his friend. Sean looked over at Hailey then at his friend.

" Yeah, okay." He said with a grin.

" Hey Paigey," Hailey said without meeting Paige's eyes. " so we have been piling these boxes in the back." She looked up as Troy, Norman, and Sean walked out then she grinned at Paige.

" Please tell me you didn't sleep with him in my office." Paige whined.

" I didn't. I promise. It was in the bathroom." Hailey said.

" Hailey! You don't even know him!" Paige said in shock.

" It's Sean Patrick Flanery! You know how much I like him!"

" I can not believe you fucked her friend. Can you just not keep it in your fucking pants? Does everything have to be about sex?" Norman snapped as they reached the truck.

" What do you want from me? She came on to me and she's hot. We aren't all prudes like you. Besides, I found something out about your girl. Turns out, she likes you but she is super shy."

" If you screwed shit up for me I'm going to kick your ass." Norman snapped.

" Was it at least good?" Troy asked as Norman opened the bed of his truck.

" Oh yeah, it was good, completely worth him kicking my ass. I'm meeting up with her tonight." Sean said with his grin still in place. The two guys laughed as Leo's car pulled up.

" Hey, perfect timing." Leo said as he got out of the car. " Why don't we eat then James and I can help you with that shit."

" Fucking perfect!" Sean said.

The group crowded on the two couches in the store. Leo passed out every one's orders then settled in beside Paige. She was sitting in between Leo and James. Across from Leo was Troy, Norman, and Sean. Hailey was sitting on the chair that was in front of the fireplace. Sean and Hailey were sharing looks and smiles at each other.

" So, Paige, do the cops think this was random or not?" James asked. Norman looked up as Paige and Leo grew tense. He noticed that she looked to Leo as he looked at her and nodded.

" Yeah." She said. But the look on her face said she didn't believe it.

' Stop it.' Leo clearly mouthed to her. Paige frowned and her eyebrows went up.

" Well that's a relief. Then you know no one is after you." James said. Paige and Leo seemed to be having a conversation with their facial expressions.

" Yeah." Was all she said.

' It's fine.' Leo mouthed again. Paige closed her eyes and turned towards them. When she opened them again, she caught Norman looking at her. She paled and dropped her eyes right away. There was something about her she was hiding and he wanted to know what it was.

After lunch, the boys started bring in the boards while Hailey and Paige continued to pack up the books. All the glass had been cleaned up and she was starting to feel better. She had called her uncle and told him what had happen and to not worry about that because she had everything under control. Her uncle was in the hospital with a bad heart which was why she had taken over the shop for him.

The boys started to put up the boards so the store would be protected from the elements and other people. Paige printed up a few signs to post on the boards so people would know they could still call the store and reach her. When everything was done it was around five in the afternoon and everyone was out front. Leo draped his arm casually around her shoulders and Norman was surprised at the shot of jealously he felt at how easy the two of them were together. Paige's arm went around his waist and her head came to Leo's chest. She sighed deeply. Leo squeezed her hard.

" It's going to be fine, Paigey." He said. She patted his side then pulled away from everyone.

" Thank you guys." She said as faced them. " I seriously can't thank you all for what you guys have done. You wasted your whole day here to help me."

" Hey, it's no problem." Sean said. He threw his arm around Hailey's shoulders who giggled and put her arm around his waist. " Let's go out and get some drinks." The group started to break up with Leo and Norman coming up to Paige.

" You gonna come out, whore?" Leo asked her as he reached out and punched her in the shoulder.

" Stop, dick." She snapped, hitting him back and making him laugh.

" Are you?"

" Normy! Come on!" Sean called out, leading Hailey by her hand to his car.

" No, I don't think so. I think I just want to go home. I'm feeling really drained right now." Paige said. Norman put his hands in his pockets.

" Come out, please." He said to her but Paige just smiled and shook her head.

" I'm really tired. Maybe next time." She said, fingering her keys.

" Paigey," Leo started but stopped when she shook her head.

" No, Leo." She said. Leo's shoulders dropped and Norman swore they were having another wordless conversation.

" Paige, come on. You're stressing and I told you everything was fine." He said.

" I know, okay. Look, just let me go home for a while. Text me and tell me where you're going. I'll meet you there." She said.

" Sure you will. If you're sleeping when I get home I'm going to run in and jump on your bed." Leo said as he started backing away from them. He pointed at her. " Jumping on your bed." He said before he laughed and turned away from them. Norman stepped into her field of vision.

" You're not going to come out, are you?" He asked.

" No. I have things to do. I need to figure somethings out. Maybe next time." She said. " Thank you for everything you have done." She said, making him smile.

" It's no problem." He said, taking a step towards her. " So, what are you going to do tomorrow?"

" Coming here, finish up with the books." She rolled her eyes and shook her head. " I'm a whole lot of fun." She said.

" Will you need help?" He asked.

" I can't ask you to help me. You have done so much for me already. I mean, I can't thank you enough for what you did today." Paige said.

" It's no problem. I have nothing going on tomorrow and I want to help. What time are you coming in?" He asked. When she looked uncertain, he smiled. " I'll just show up so you might as well tell me." Paige laughed.

" Eight. Park in the back and knock. I'll have the door locked." She said.