Status: On Hiatus

Wild at Heart

Giving up

June was upstairs taking a shower, after having fed the horses like she did every morning. As she went downstairs and glanced inside the living room, she saw that Brian was still asleep on the sofa so she headed to the kitchen and started making some coffee.
They had talked for over two hours last night, mostly about the band or Brian, since every time he asked something about her, especially about her relationship with Zacky; she found a way to change the subject. He had fallen asleep a few minutes after they stopped talking and concentrated on what was on tv, but June hadn’t sleep anymore.

She heard a loud groan and grabbed two mugs of coffee before walking towards its source.
“Morning…” She smiled. “You fell asleep last night.”

He got up and looked at her, showing the smallest hint of a smile. “Wow, you must have been really boring.”

June quickly stopped and stood frozen at the living room’s door. Her mouth was wide open while she tried to figure out something to say. How could he turn from nice to arrogant in a split second?
“Really?!” Was all that she managed to say. She spun around and went inside the kitchen, Brian following her a few seconds later, only to see her pouring his coffee down the sink’s drain. He simply chuckled and went upstairs.

She was finishing her toasts when Brian appeared at kitchen again, wearing different clothes and smelling like he had taken a shower. She got up and placed her mug and plate in the sink, heading then towards the front door.

“Where are you going?” He asked after taking a bite of a toast.

She looked at him confused. “Shopping…Why?”

He finished his coffee and placed the mug on the counter. “Do you need help?”

She stared at him for more almost a minute. “Do you have some bipolar disorder or something like that?” She sounded really concerned.

He laughed and walked past her, heading to the foyer and opening the front door. “I just assumed that you wouldn’t buy me a pack of smokes if I asked you to.”

“You got that right.” She laughed, shaking her head as she walked outside the house, followed by Brian.

Zacky was the first to get downstairs. He wanted to take that chance and talk to June, but stopped at kitchen’s door once he saw she wasn’t there. He knew she was an early person and there was a pile of toasts next to the coffee machine still warm, so she was already up.
He fixed his breakfast and when he was almost finishing it, Matt appeared at the kitchen and so did Johnny a few minutes later.
Both asked for June but Zacky didn’t know where she was. In fact, it was now getting closer to midday and as they all sat and watched tv, Zacky wondered where both Brian and June were. Something in the back of his mind bothered him. Brian was his best friend and he trusted him, but it didn’t take to be the sharpest tool in the shed to know that girls should be kept away from him, especially June.
Zacky decided to get up from the sofa and had climbed the first flight of stairs when voices outside the front door were heard.
He saw June and Brian entering the house, loaded with grocery bags and instantly felt relieved.

The rest of the day went by like any other lazy Sunday, and they had finished having dinner when June heard a car outside. She opened the door, still cleaning her hands to the dish cloths, and smiled when she saw Ryan waving at her.

“Good night folks!” He greeted once he stepped inside the house, kissing June on one cheek and shaking hands with the guys.
“Isn’t it great to see the Bakers together again?” He squeezed them both into a huge hug. June felt really uncomfortable. He was as tall as Matt and had broad chest and shoulders, and he could be quite intimidating sometimes, but that wasn’t the reason why she felt that way. Calling them by their last name made her cringe, not wanting to be remembered that she and Zacky shared the same blood.

She pulled away and kept on doing the dishes while Ryan talked casually with Zacky and the others.
Her heart raced every time she heard Ryan talk to Zacky. She hadn’t been able to tell him yet, but Ryan was her ex-boyfriend. As a matter of fact, Ryan had been the only man capable of making her forget about Zacky. Then, when her parents died, June had turned twenty two just one week ago and Ryan decided to propose to her. And, to his surprise, she said no.
On that night June had learned that no matter how much she tried to erase the past, everything would always come back to haunt her.

“Hey…” Ryan’s soft voice brought her back to reality. “I’m going home.” He smiled at her and she smiled back.

“Good night Ryan. Give Violet a kiss for me.” She waved and watched him leave the house.

She closed the door and sighed deeply. She jumped once she turned around and saw Zacky leaning against the wall.
“We’re going to talk right now.” He talked before she could say anything.

“Already told you we don’t have anything to talk about…” She ignored his demanding look and started walking upstairs.
Zacky followed her and grabbed her arm before she could reach her bedroom.
“Let me go…” She hissed and pulled her arm, but he didn’t let her go.

“Why did you invite us over for the week if you didn’t want to talk to me? Why do you want me here if you want to forget the past so badly?”
By this time Zacky held June’s both arms against the door. She stared at him for a while, silence bringing their faces closer together.
Oh shit. She felt her heart on her throat and his breath on her neck.

“Stop it!” June almost whined. “Don’t do this to me again!” She felt like she was about to cry.

“But I love…”

“Stop!” A tear rolled down her cheek and she quickly wiped it. She felt tired from not having slept properly the night before and exhausted of all those emotional games. “If you want to talk let’s talk, but don’t you ever do that to me again…”
Zacky nodded and finally took one step away from her. June turned around to grab the door knob. “Let’s talk in my bedroom.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for recommending and subscribing :D