Status: Update every Friday. xoxo

The Resistance

We're on your property, standing in V formation

POV Mikey

'they should be getting back, what's taking them so long! The sun is gonna come up any moment, the left five hours ago!'

For the millionth time this evening I look out of my bedroom window, you can't actually call it a window. The glass is gone and there's no windowsill, it's just a hole in the wall. We don’t actually need a window, is too hot anyway.

I can see a tree here and there, sand everywhere and a sky full of stars but no Party Poison. Not even a light at the horizon. The sand road is deserted, the base is full of people. Students are talking, giggling, laughing, sighing, fighting, drinking, smoking,…

'Why aren't they home yet and where did he take him?'

Jolene sighs and hobbles to my bed, throwing her hands in the air. She falls on my bed and sighs happily. I know it’s useless to ask my cousin about something she doesn’t know a thing about… well I might told her about the date… and some others…

It’s his own fault, I can’t keep secrets! My mom was exactly the same, we both loved gossip with a passion. We used to sit in the lounge and just talk and talk. It didn’t matter about what, that’s probably why my dad never tells me anything about the future plans of the base.

'I'm sure they'll be back any moment Mikes, don't worry.' She says while moving around in my bed to find a good spot, she won’t find one.

The mattresses are one of the worse things ever. I wake up everyday with a sore back. About everything sucks in the resistance. The bunks are worse though, poor students.

'No shoes on my bed.' I command when I notice Jolene’s still wearing her combat boots.

I don't care about a lot of things but damn, hygiene is necessary when you live in a place like this.
Jolene tries too kick her boots off but fails miserably. After a few more attempts she finally gives up. She sits up and unties her shoelaces.

I fix my eyes back to the window, hoping to see the white lights from my brother's car. No luck though.

'I hate it when he runs off like that.'

He always does that, the only difference right now? Ghoul is with him and it's not because of his 'bad dreams'. He's having those nightmares again, he barely sleeps. He denies it, says he just likes to look at the stars. I believed him for a long time but then I heard the rumors. He talks a lot in his sleep and some girl heard him screaming once. That's when I knew they were getting back.

God if he is not back by tomorrow, dad is going to be so pissed! You don’t want to see my dad pissed, definitely not on Party

'I'm sure he's enjoying himself.'

My cheeks head up just by thinking my brother doing stuff to Ghoul.

'No, he wouldn't. Party isn't like that. He'll at least wait, won't he.... right?'

I feel Jolene's eyes burning into my back but don't dare to look. I hear her exhale and I know he might do that.

'I don't know Mikes, he has changed so much after the... the thing.'

I shake my head furiously to get the tragic event out of my head. No, Party wouldn't. He's a good person, he might forget that sometimes but he'll never forget his place.

I let go of my thoughts for a moment and close my eyes enjoying the little breeze that comes over my slightly damp face. I wish I could shower more, at least I can shower. Some student have to wait an entire week before they can use one. The life of a 'teacher' is a lot better than a student's life.

I give up searching for my brother and walk back to the bed. I lay down next to Jolene while staring at the ceiling. It's full of cobwebs and dust. I don't even get how I sleep in here. I turn at my cousin and smile happily. She hates sleeping alone, so most of the time she sleeps next to me. I'm glad she's there, family is very important when you live in this conditions. We always had a good bond.

My bond with Party has always been stronger though. I love him more than anything else on this planet. I love how he always stands up for me, just like a big brother is supposed to do. I wasn't the popular guy when I was younger, definitely not. I wore funny glasses and I played with dolls.

not anymore thought, I've out grown those things. I've grown up.

Whenever someone started calling me names or push me to the ground, Party was there. He didn't need to do a thing, just his posture made them scared. He did though, he fought, punched and sometimes even shot. They feared him but I never did. He was different to me.

He's a lot like our father, he's just the same. He would deny it though, they both would.

Those two were in separate a few years ago. They went shooting together, talked about fighting techniques
The more blood involved the better. Pretty messed up for you right? In those days, it was. Right now we call it normal.

It was obvious Gerard would take his place in the resistance, not me. I didn't care though, never been a leading person. I didn't mind about the guns, my uncle was teaching me karate in those days and honestly that's all that matters to me. Gerard was the shooter, not me. Man, when we used to be a part of the actual Killjoys I got goose bumps just from looking when he was training. He would shoot with his eyes closed and would never miss. Without him I’m sure the resistance would be long gone.

Gerard would have been the best leader ever, I'm sure this war would be over if he was. But he never did...

'Do you hear that Mikes? It's a car, Party's back.'

I jump upright and run as fast as I can to the window. Jolene was right, Party's car is getting into view. I can finally relax my muscles and smile at the horizon. That when I notice he drives really fast and takes small turns, that’s weird. He never does that, especially not when there's someone else in the car.

This isn't normal, there has to be a problem.

Party’s always relaxed even on the field. This must be important and I need to know what’s going on. I look around for something that might help, that’s when I know what to do. I run to the bedside table and open the little drawer.

'Mikey, what's going on?'

I ignore the looks Jolene is giving me and keep searching. Nothing. Dammit!

'Micheal, what's wrong?!'

I check the other drawer but it's not in their either. That's when I remember I must have left it underneath the mattress.

'Goddammit Kid! What's happening!?'

I fall to my knees and hold the mattress up, taking the rectangular device out of the small space. Before I push on the on-button, I turn back to Jolene.

'Something's wrong, something's very wrong.'

That’s when I hear Gerard’s voice on the walkie-talkie and oh boy, I was right.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wanna say sorry for the shortness of this chapter but I have a good reason for that :)
It's so short because I had to split it in two, so tomorrow the next chapter will already be on here! :'D
I'm sorry it's a few days late but I had finals and it was not easy for my to right in between my study-time. I'm done with my finals now and ready to right so much more, you can expect updates on random days! and again sorry for the cliff-hanger :'D

xo Weapons