Status: Update every Friday. xoxo

The Resistance

Say a prayer for California

POV Gerard

'Look alive, Sunshine
109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit
You're here with me: Dr. Death Defying
I'll be your surgeon, your proctor, your helicopter
Pumpin' out the slaughtermatic sounds to keep you alive
A system failure for the masses, anti-matter for the master plan
Louder than God's revolver and twice as shiny

This one's for all of you rock'n'rollers
All you crash queens and motor babies

Listen up!
The future is bulletproof!
The aftermath is secondary!
It's time to do it now and do it loud!
Killjoys, make some -'

You'd think after five years of hearing your dad on the radio, you'd get used to it? Honestly, it's still weird.

I turn the radio down in my car and take a deep breathe. Not that it matters, there's barely any oxygen in the air due the warm weather. The person who came up with the idea to have a hideout in the desert must be retarded and brilliant at the same time. Be honest with me, no one thinks we're hiding in a fucking desert? They don't even come here, except for the huge far-off highway.

Last night I woke up from a dreadful nightmare. It's becoming a routine. I wake up sweaty and go for a ride. When I feel myself getting tired again I shut off the engine and fall asleep. The temperature lowers after sunset making it perfect to sleep outside. I also like the sky at night, it barely rains so most of the nights there's an open sky full of stars. Sleeping becomes very easy that way.

'Party you there?'

Jolene's voice calms me in a weird way, it's part of the routine. It's painful knowing my life is becoming a routine, where's the time I used to kill all those dracs? When my life wasn't predictable.

I take the megaphone from under the jacket that's lying on the passenger seat.

'Yeah, I'm here Nightway. What's up?'

My voice sounds harsh from the lack of sleep. I clear my throat what I probably wouldn't do if I was in a different place. I like sounding harsh, I think it suits the way I feel. No matter how long you live in this world, you'll never get used to it.

'Kobra said you need to come to the base, lessons start in an hour.'

shit.

Today is gonna be the first training of advanced II, I'm their trainer. See, when you want to become a Killjoy there are a few rules you need to follow: People gotta think you're death, no contact with your family, you need to have a nickname and let's not forget 9 years training before you can actually call yourself a true Killjoy.

My dad made this formula. When dracs... let's say murdered my mother, our family ran away into the desert. After a few months people started joining until we started to train and after a while we became the fabulous Killjoys.

Let me tell you something. I feel absolutely no need to teach a bunch of teenagers how to kill. Every year it's the same old song. Yeah, they do respect me but how am I supposed to teach them when they shoot at everything that moves? If you wanna learn, don't question my techniques.

'Party, are you still there?'

I lean my head back and groan to myself. After having a battle of my own whether to obey my brother's wishes or have a nice day alone, I push on the record button.

'On my way.'

***

As soon as I get to base I notice Mikey waiting me up, his foot tapping on the ground creating a small cloud of dust. My hands start to shake on the steering wheel, when Mikey is mad you don't want to be near him. Yeah, I know the oh-so-famous party poison gets afraid of his skinny ass brother. I take a deep breathe and park the car a few feet away. I jump out of my car not bothering to open the door. While I walk to the front I see Mikey's still waiting for me. The closer I get the harder my hearts starts beating. I'm too afraid to look him in the eyes so I keep them on the ground.

'Don't be such a child Gerard, look at me. Where the hell have you been?'

After looking up for a second, I already regret that decision. Mikey's arms are crossed and he has a furious look on his face.

'I went for a ride, nothing more.'

My poor excuse seems to calm him a bit down although I'm not quite ready for what he does next.

'Why. didn't. you. tell. me. you. ass. hole!'

With every word that comes out of his mouth I get a punch in my chest. With every punch he gives me, I move a bit back.

'I was so anxious! I thought something bad happened!'

I chuckle and take hold of his wrists keeping him from punching me. He tries to get out of my grip but fails terribly making me laugh.

'Don't you think you're a bit over reacting princess?'

Mikey stops wriggling and sighs.I discover a small smile playing on his lips. I let him go and place a small kiss on his cheek as a peace offer just like we used to do when we were kids.

'You know I don't like it when you run off without informing me, neither does dad.'

my body stiffens when he mentions dad.

'You're not going to tell him aren't you?' my voice betrays my feelings. I was okay with Mikey's little speech but I'm definitely not ready for my dad's.

'Of course not, what kind of brother would I be if I did that. Now go inside and clean yourself, you smell.'

With those words I walk up to the front of the house.

Our hideout is situated in an old typical bed and breakfast, we barely had to change anything inside. On the outside however you can see there is still a lot of work to do but then again we're not planning on renovating it. A huge porch surrounds the base and all the windows are broken.

If you'd pass this place it will probably occur to you why the hell bl/ind hasn't found us yet. Every day there are some student outside, enjoying their day off.

We parted the house in three sections block A,B and C. I'm in charge of block C, where all the advanced student live. My brother is in charge of B and Jolene has block A.

When I slip true the front door of my block, I'm greeted by the everyday live. You see, living together in such a small space brings lots of troubles. From downstairs, I can hear people arguing on the first floor, that's the floor were all the student sleep. Two bunks equal to four people in every room. I'm the 'captain' of 32 students in total. So does Mikey and Jolene but my block is the hardest.

Why is that? Well try to think in my place. You live in a house with 32 depressing teenagers, half of them young women who have trouble with controlling their emotions. Half of them are guys trying to show off, trying to impress one of those girls. So fuck you very much.

Even though it's a chaos here, they all respect the rules. There's a rumor that in block C, my block you have more freedom. My rules are simple: on training you shut up and listen to me, after training I don't fucking care what you do but If you ever bring the group into danger I will rip your heart out.

The dining room has the most ugly door ever. It's an old brown wooden door just like you see in those western movies. The inside however is even worse. On your right there's a huge table where our food supplies lie. Don't even dare to think we have fresh food, we actually eat dog/cat food out of cans. Sounds disgusting? It is.

I take an unopened can and walk up to the closest chair using the ridge to open it. The first bite is the worse, after a while your tongue gets used to the dirty taste and you're even able to enjoy your homemade meal. Oh yeah almost forgot, we don't have any cutlery.

If you're already freaked out, stop dreaming about becoming a Killjoy. You have to give up a lot of things, one of them is luxury. I'm still impressed we have so many girls here, they're even tougher than most of the males we have here. So fuck you society, girls aren't weak.

After licking my fingers clean I decide it's probably time to start the first training. With a low sigh I leave the dining room and head to the stairs. I'm not even bothered to go upstairs.

'ADVANCED STUDENTS, YOU GOT ONE MINUTE TO GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE. WE MEET OUTSIDE, NOW HURRY THE FUCK UP!!!'

Yeah let's say I made my point pretty clear. When I turn around, the noise upstairs increases. You can hear students running around and you can hear the ceiling trembling from the sudden movement.
♠ ♠ ♠
The prologue and this chapter are written by me! Next update will be Friday >.<

xo weapons