Status: Update every Friday. xoxo

The Resistance

Karate lessons with a killing machine

POV Gerard

'Oi new one. Come to the front. I want to see you myself.'

In the middle of the crowd a short guy appears with a rather more haggard look. Although his tattoos and badly healed scars make him look like a fighter, I could see a broken boy down there. We all have a pretty bad past so this isn't exactly new for me. His brown eyes are too sad and his posture too intimate.

Every piece of clothing he has wrapped around his body looks like it has never been washed. I don't think you can even call it proper clothing. We all look like homeless people but believe it or not the students find it very important to have nice clothes.

Reason 1: they're feeling unsure about themselves.

Reason 2: they worry about the future.

Didn't see the second one coming huh? Yes, in some aspects this is a lot like high school but in other aspects it absolutely isn't. It's a life choice, becoming a Killjoy. You should never forget: the moment you knock on our door, you can't go back. You'll have to sacrifice everything.

Then why would they worry about the future? Because this will be the only time to fall in love. From the moment you finish your training, you go out in the desert and kill. There will be no time to start a family. That's why a lot of couples are formed here, most of them stay partners for life.

It's very romantic if you ask me. Well, it is when it happens to you.

It's a whole different look on the world. People can defend themselves and they have soul mates. Who knows maybe one day, all the world will be like this. But hey, let's not get ahead of us. What's going on right now is much more in important. If you worry too much about the future, you'll miss all the good things that happen now.

His looks and posture give nothing away from his past. I desperately try to find more about him by looking more closely. I'm about to lick my lips when I notice all the stares. Not your best move Party. Not only did you look like a fucking freak, you also made the boy uncomfortable.

'What's your name.' I say demanding.

He clears his throat and looks me straight in the eye.

'Ghoul. Fun Ghoul.'

I'm taken back from his confidence. Normally people freak out when I talk to them, afraid I might do something. Although I'm sure he heard the rumors about me he did not seem scared. Deep down I feel the need to put him on his place but something holds me back.

Maybe 'cause I'm getting soft, maybe it's his accent. I haven't heard that accent in a while but I couldn't forget it even if I wanted to. New fucking Jersey. At least I know something about this mysterious creature.

I leave my thoughts for a moment and turn back to the students. I'm gonna do a very light training today, I'm not a heartless bastard even though I might look like one. They'll have it hard enough this year.

'Let's start this year properly, what do you guys think of gun practice?'

They all hum in agreement and Jet Star and Maya give each other a high five.

I turn around firmly and hold my hand above my eyes, damn sun. When I look around I notice Mikey is taking the obstacle trial that's situated next to the base. Jolene is going for an open place close by. I don't want distraction while I'm teaching so the only other option are the dummies.

I start walking into the direction of the dummies, You can't see the trail when you stand outside the base but it's not that far away. I go there quite often, it's very peaceful out there but strictly forbidden for students to come there without their trainer.

I hear footsteps behind me, they learn fast. Don't expect me to talk much just follow me and you'll see what happens.

***

We've only walked for what? Five minutes and I'm bored as hell! Yeah I said the targets weren't that far away but you can get lonely when you have no one to talk to, well someone interesting to talk to. From the corner of my eye I can see Ghoul walking on his own. His eyes are on the ground and with every step he takes a small cloud of dust appears.

Should I walk next to him? Yeah sure why not Party and why don't you fucking hold his hand while you do that. What a great idea! Yeah no, not a good idea at all.My eyes leave his skinny torso and fall back to the horizon. I can see the dummies taking shape in the distance.

'Dear God, Alice was right. The new guy is gorgeous! Have you seen his tattoos? I bet he has more hidden underneath his clothes. '

I turn to the right and see Maya and her friend giggling while looking over to Ghoul. I don't know how but he doesn't even notice their stares! Ugh, the look on their faces disgust me. Like they wanna rip his clothes of and do him right fucking there. Stupid horny teenagers with their dirty conversations and messed up thoughts.

Although I hate that kind of people I can't get myself to let this just go past me. I slow down and start walking next them. They both have a look of utter shock on their face. I lean a bit closer and they follow my lead.

'You're talking about the new guy, aren't you?' I whisper.

Maya looks at the ground and nods.

'Oh dear God! You're right, he's totally my type.' I say in the same girly voice.

I start laughing and shake my head. Foolish girls. I walk back to the previous place I was situated with a grin on my face. I look to the left and-

HOLY FUCKING MOTHER OF GOD JESUS FREAKING CHRIST THIS CAN'T BE TRUE.

I should have seen this coming, because I'm that lucky. Fun Ghoul heard the conversation well, probably only the things I said by the look on his face. I think the look is a combination of awkwardness, shock and pain. I turn around faster than I thought was possible and look at my feet. I can't help but keep looking at him true my red hair. When he recovers from his little heart attack he does the exact same thing as I did. Looking down while his cheeks burn from embarrassment.

Wait, what? He's... smiling...

Does he like me? Did he want me to say that? Did he think I meant it? Does he think I'm attractive? Do I think he's attractive? Do I even like him?

I don't know what's happening with me but from the moment he got in the picture I've been acting very strange. I catch him looking back at me and our eyes lock together. Those eyes, they hold so many secrets that I can't wait to unravel. This boy is a mystery on his own.

I stop walking when I notice we reached our destination, no time to think anymore.

'Alright, make groups of two and go stand by a target.'

A few meters away there are some shooting targets painted on human sized dolls. It's not the best way to learn how to shoot but it will do. I scan the place and look around, you never know who might be watching us. When I'm convinced there's nothing else but sand surrounding us, I continue my explanation.

'I want one student of every group to stand into shooting position while the others try to correct any mistakes. You're not getting a gun from me when I'm not sure you can handle one.'

While I try to ignore all the groans and sighs, I notice Ghoul has no partner. Poor guy...

'Shortie, you're with me.'

He's grateful for my proposal, good it's not everyday you can team up with me. Now that I think about it nobody ever teamed up with me. Ghoul is following close behind me, making my heart beat a little faster. I abruptly stop walking when I'm at the dummy not thinking about the consequences. . I feel his face collide with my upper back, what can I say he's not a very tall person. Just great, Gerard. I should have seen this coming, I'm glad he didn't fall on his ass. I try to ignore what just happened and clear my throat.

'Show me your position.'

I immediately regret saying that sentence when I see his face going bright red. I'm such a horrible person. He rubs his hands against his pants, probably sweating from the things I'm doing with him. And I didn't mean that in a dirty way, you pervert.

'Umh.... O-okay...'

His voice sounds uneven while his feet shift on the floor until he's in the right position. Arms stretched and legs slightly parted. I can't keep my eyes of his left hand that's situated on his private part. Dear God...

His posture isn't bad at all but I notice his arm is curved. Without thinking I stand behind him and straighten his arm with my hand. Our heads are only centimeters away, our eyes locked together. Although I should probably back off I can't get myself to do so. his hair tickles at my cheek and I can feel him slowly moving into my touch.

'How's my position, Party?'

All the hairs on my body stand straight when I hear him talk to me in such a sensual way. My eyelids tremble when I feel his breath in my neck. Due all the distractions I force myself to answer his question.

'Not bad, not bad at all.'

He looks satisfied with my answer and smirks. That does it for, brings me back to my senses. I take a step back and slowly let go of his arm. All the students heads are turned in our direction. From the moment they see me looking however they continue with the training. I look back at Ghoul who's still smirking.

'Why don't you show me yours?'

I smirk and do as I'm told. Umh hello? I'm party fuckin' poison, the best shooter of all the Killjoys. My brother is the best at karate and my niece Jolene, God you should see her hiding/defending techniques. So don't you fuck with my family. Oh and did I mention my dad? Like I said, don't think you can do better than the Way family.

After I got into position, I notice a few students glance at us. Must be quite a show we're doing here, I don't blame them nothing happens in this fucking desert. I'm also interested in where this is gonna go.

'You're tense, your arm is too strained.'

I turn my head to him with confusion in my eyes. Even my mouth opens. I didn't think it would go that way. In my entire carrier, not a single person dared to correct any of my techniques and here he was. Only at the base for what, Two days? Not only am I shocked, a sudden silence falls over me and all the other students.

Some seem to be amused by the event while others look like they're going to shit themselves. But all of them very curious for my responds. However nobody quite expected what I said next.

'You're right.'

He's right, he really is. I've been really tense these last days, you can see it in my posture. I was aware of it but I would never think a student would notice my arm was a bit too strained. It's the pressure, the feeling of doing nothing for so long. I can't handle it. While I was still on the road everything was so unpredictable. Now I'm always looking around ,hoping for something to happen. I love the danger, I'm addicted to the adrenalin.

'Good work, Ghoul.'

I nod and turn back to the others. The only difference now is that they don't continue the training. All my previous thoughts and actions got me really worked up and those stalking eyes just do it for me.

'Did I tell anyone to stop practicing, DID I?!'

The smirks turn into panic. Most of them walk back to their targets but not all of them. Five guys keep their ground, I recognize Ray and Connor. Ray takes a step forward and spits on the ground.

'No, you didn't... Let's say we were a bit distracted.'

Jetstar and I have been friends from the start, we practice together sometimes after training. Talk about techniques and plans we have. He's a good guy but sometimes forgets his place. It's my job to make him realize he's not in charge.

'Firstly you call me sir, Raymond.'

All students burst out in a fit of laughter when I mention his real name. It's just the start of my little revenge, he's gonna regret saying that to me.

'And secondly, if you are so distracted what about cleaning the kitchen after dinner? Maybe it will help you realize you're not allowed to get distracted in my VERY IMPORTANT lesson.'

Ha, the look on his face is priceless. He wants to say something back but decides not to. There are probably a few good reasons why. He looks down and chuckles. I walk closer and ruffle his hair.
I like him, he'll be a good Killjoy one day.

'Alright! Let's go back to the base, we still need to walk all the way home.'

With those words I end the first lesson. Today has been something and I'm curious for what's about to come. I've never felt so strange in my entire life all because of that 'quite attractive' midget.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here ya go! Chapter 3 written by me again :3

We really like writing this story and I hope you guys enjoy it too! Titles are lyrics from My Chemical Romance themselves if you were wondering. Comments are always welcome<3

xoxo,

weapons