Status: Update every Friday. xoxo

The Resistance

In the center of a restaurant

POV Gerard

'Wanna know something?'

I don't have to turn around to know who joined me in the large un-cleaned kitchen. Mikey always had the habit to pop up and be all mysterious around people. But after all these years scared shitless and grabbing towards my gun I've given up and given in. While I continue to stack the new cans of food I hum and nod my head to show him I'm not quite interested. Mikey ignores my behavior and starts talking once again.

'I heard a little rumor about you.'

These words had some effect on me, they make me stop moving and bold my hands. My head fills with actions and situation that I've been involved in these last couple of days so I can figure out what he might have-

Oh shit...
It couldn't be...
He can't know about...
Oh god it is possible...
Yup...
He knows.

I should have figured out that he would find out soon enough, he's like a fucking ninja! Ray must have told him about the bet that sneaky bastard, who else would have told him? Maybe Ghoul did...Of course he didn't.

Although I hate it when people get involved in my private life/love life (I didn't even know I had a love life!?) it feels kind of good. It's new, it's not a habit. It gives me a whole new look on the base and with the base I also mean the student. Especially the midget is getting some attention from me.

I turn around so I can lean against the cupboard and shuffle a bit with my feet. How am I gonna explain this! I cross my arms and take a deep sigh ready to tell my side of the story.

'Mikey, Could you please not talk about the date thing! I don't know why or how it happened but it did. So I might as well embrace the fact that I'm going on a date with Fun freakin' Ghoul!'

I wait for a girlish giggle or a harsh comeback from the other side of the room but nothing happens. Taken back from the silence I look back at Mikey and see him in a state of shock. the only thing running true my head?

'What?'

Still no answer, he told me he knows so why is he acting like-

Oh crap...
He doesn't know.

Ah great, way to go Gerard! You don't want anyone to know about the bet but you just told it to the biggest gossip girl from the whole base. Just fan-fucking-tastic!
You didn't think Mikey was such a girly type? Yeah he is. It's weird that lots of people fear him, he's such a little girl. Scared of spiders, doesn't want to get dirty and of course the gossip and they call me the Gay Way!

When my mind comprehends all this information I focus back to my little brother. As my face fills more and more with shock, his slowly turns into a large smirk. I already know what's coming next but I still hope I'm wrong.

'That's not what I heard, big brother. The rumor I heard is a bit different and I must say this one is a lot more interesting!'

Mikey sits down in one of the chairs that surrounds the kitchen island in the middle of the room. He leans down on his palms like a girl would do when she hears a new gossip about a fabulous boy /oh yeah that’s the situation I’m in right now/. He looks very satisfied with the change of topic, almost a bit too satisfied. He’s such a hopeless romantic, even lost his heart to the wrong person and still believes they will find each other once again.I really wish he will but I’m afraid it won’t happen…

That boy never had much luck when it came to love, I can’t exactly say I’ve been that lucky. It’s like a curse, Ways are feared but we can’t find love or friendship. And if we do, they leave us.

So there you have another reason why he’s so freaking interested in my love life. I just don’t ‘love’. It hasn’t changed a thing when Ghoul came into the picture, yes I like the boy more than I should but I never said a thing about love! I’m pretty sure that’s not coming any time soon.

‘Argh Mikey!’

I wave my hands in the air making sure he noticed my distress when it comes to this situation and honestly I don’t really know what to say. I just played all my cards on the table thinking it was a good move. Yeah looking at that smirk across the table I made a huge mistake.

Normally, I would try to start and argument but this is pointless.

‘Goddamnit Mikey, get that smirk of your face! I told you not to care so much about my personal life and my students! I’ll deal with it without your comments. Yes, he’s a cute boy and no I don’t like him. Well, I do but in a friendly way. So what he’s broken and I feel like fixing him? Does it matter? Huh? Okay good, I like him! Heard enough!?’

I guess I won this fight, well mostly… Okay I didn’t…

‘calm your tits man, I didn’t even ask anything about him but when I look at your reaction you’ve got it hard. I’m pretty sure you think about him all the time, don’t you brother? Sometimes you might even imagine him being your boyf-‘

‘Gee?’

Mikey’s little speech was interrupted by a voice that came from the door. Both of us turn to look and see a small bundle of hair behind the … Yeah, you could say we both didn’t expect her to stand there. After a while Mike’s expression changed into his famous poker face, that’s when I knew I would have to do the explaining.

‘Who do you think of Gee?’

Instead of answering her question I walk around the table and kneel down in front of her. Without hesitation she walks closer and melts in my arms. Her head snuggles into the crook of her neck, she always likes to do that. Her large fro tickles in my face and smells like strawberries.

Grace is one of Mikey’s beginning students, one of the youngest at that too. I remember when she stood at our door, without any family, starved and broken. From that moment I bonded with her. I take her under my wings and although she’s growing up I still protect her with all that I have. No one /and I mean no one/ will touch her without me knowing it. She’ll always be my little soul mate.

‘I just had a bad dream Grace, you don’t have to worry about it sweetheart.’

With those words I pick her up and playfully throw her up in the air catching her back up. The last time I do this I leave her in my arms bridal style and peck her nose lovingly. Small giggles leave her mouth when she returns the little kiss.

‘Alright sweeties, I’m gonna get the students for their lesson. Grace, I expect you outside after you said goodbye to Gee. Oh and Party?’

I look at Mikey right on the moment that he puts an object on the island.

‘Dad wanted you to have this.’

I look at the object shining in the light. It has been such a long time that I’ve seen something like that. My mouth begins to water from just looking at it.

An apple.

It contains so much color, it looks like it belongs to Snowwhite herself. Why didn’t he give it himself? Oh yeah, because my own father despites me and what I’ve done. He knows it’s not my fault but our bond has never been the same after that specific day. I regret it, believe me I do. Every day hoping I could go back in time and change it all…

Although my eyes never leave the food I see in the corner of my eye I’m not the only one who wants to take a large bite out of it. Normally I would eat the apple in front of that persons face and laugh but hey I can’t do that to my little girl can I!

I fake a yawn and turn back to her.

‘You know Grace with that nightmare I missed a lot of sleep, I think I’m gonna go for a nap. The apple is yours if you want it sweety.’

Her eyes shine with desperation and she nods her head. I walk to the island take the apple and hand it to her before she runs of after Mikey.

The nap isn’t exactly a lie, I might just go to my room and lay on my bed before lessons start. I’m not into the mood to store the rest of the cans, I’ll tell Ray to do it later. I walk out of the dirty kitchen into the hall. The wallpaper downstairs is ripped off but you can still see some bits of the flower pattern. I squeeze passed some teens and go into the students lounge, it’s the largest room in my block.

It’s full of old couches and a small TV. Every month we watch a movie. We have about ten movies in total but it’s better than doing nothing. We have Titanic, Harry Potter, The Grudge, Dirty Dancing and some old crap.

The stairs are situated in the left corner of the large room. It’s just a latter actually, the original stairs were rotten and we had to take them away. I wait after a group of teens comes down before I go upstairs.

On the first floor you have a large hallway, both sides filled with doors. Those are the dorms. Two bunks equal to four people in every room. It’s never quiet on this floor, you have arguments going on, people laughing, crying, smoking, fighting,…

After checking if everything is going alright (which it isn’t obviously) I take the second latter. This one leads to the second floor, my floor. It looks the same but there are only three doors. The first door are the girls showers, second one for the boys. The third one is my room. It’s as big as one dorm but with a double bed and a small desk. I have two rooms in my window that looks over the obstacle trial next to the base.

Once I enter my room I take my cigs from the desk and sit on the windowsill. I inhale softly and close my eyes enjoying my alone time.

‘Yeah, last night Party came back really late, like, really late. Then Ghoul and Jet came back a lot later, like, I don’t know where from.’

‘OMG‼ I wonder what they were, like, doing!’

I open my eyes from the moment I hear female voices fill the air. Goddamnit, the students already know about yesterday. Well at least they don’t know about the date, yet.

I jump back inside, I’m about to close the ripped fated curtain when I notice a small silhouette sitting on the porch right under my window.

Ghoul.

‘Guys, Party will call us in a minute, lets go.’

Oh shit, I need to start the training. Oh well I might watch him later. I can’t just waste such a nice view, can’t I?
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY chapter 7 is here! Pfew this was a hard chapter to write but I still hope you guys enjoy it. I'm not so happy about it but it's better than nothing I guess. I might change it later but I'm really busy right now so probably not.

Ready for the date? It will be in the next chapter, so be ready!

xoxo weapons