Corresponding

letter one

Dear Princess Serethine Rosanna Rohan,

Greetings, how are you faring this fine day? I'm sorry if this seems a tad bit strange. Getting a letter from your betrothed shouldn't be, but we are strangers. You do not know me and I do not know you, yet we are to be wed in a years time. I hope to change that. I mean, not the wedding part, but the not knowing part. I am not against marrying you or anything. Well, I wouldn't know because I do not know you. Blast it! I am off at a terrible start. I wish that ink wasn't so permanent. I might just start over with a new piece of paper. Yes. That is what I'll do.

At least, that's what I intended, until I eventually ran out of paper. Everything I said was just random rambling which is exactly what I am doing now... But I eventually filled the pages with useless sentences that I came back to this first letter which has more room. It is too late to go grab more paper. I could wait for tomorrow, but I am afraid I might not get the nerve to write to you again. So here I am!

Anyway, I haven't very well introduced myself have I? My name is Kendrick V. Xanth, as you might already know. I wonder if you've heard more about me, than I have heard of you. I am sad to admit that all I know about you is your name. My father insists that you are as beautiful as the rising sun, but I'd rather hear about... well... you. Which again, brings me to the reason why I am writing this letter to you.

But it is rude for me to ask you to tell me about yourself, when I haven't told you much about me. I don't very well know where to start. Do you have any questions for me? I will answer to the best of my abilities, and hope that in return I could ask you some. Oh gracious, I can hear the birds singing already. It is time I put my quill away, and get some rest for I have much to do tomorrow... well, today really. That, and I really don't want to start rambling again. I shall send this letter off tomorrow, and I hope it reaches you well.

Yours Truly, Prince Kendrick V. Xanth