Corresponding

letter three

Dear Princess Serethine Rosanna Rohan,

You do not know how happy I was to see your letter waiting for me after my morning walk. I was actually a bit afraid you wouldn't respond, since I didn't know if you'd understand my letter, or approve of how I presented myself which was rather horribly now that I recall it. I was tired when I wrote it, but I am now fully awake (it being noon). May I take this chance to complement you on your handwriting before I start rambling again-- which isn't due to my lack of sleep. I do it quite often, and even though you said you don't I'm still hoping that you really don't think it to be bothersome. Anyway, the way you write your words is much more beautiful, and elegant than my hand can ever manage.

Two new questions for each new letter sounds wonderful. I shall try not to stay awake all night again like I did before, and you should do the same least we both get worried.

Now, here are the answers to your questions which I haven't really considered until now. After some thinking I have concluded that my favorite season is what it is currently. Spring. The flowers are starting to bloom, and the animals are coming out. The breeze is cool, and the heat is bearable. As for the holiday, It'd have to be Jaxon's day. I've heard that you don't celebrate this day in your kingdom, since this event is dedicated to my ancestor. On that day everyone gets a rest for what Theodore Jaxon Xanth III did centuries ago. He defeated a king in his sleep, he did. It's true! The an old king of Harrold Kingdom went to assassinate him while he slept, rather than settle their trifles with a fair fight on the battlefield, but he didn't know the king talked and moved while in his dreams. The royal assassin grew arrogant as he underestimated our dear Jaxon. When he was about to plunge his sword into the chest of the king, Jaxon suddenly shouted: “How dare you threaten my kingdom!” In his loud, booming voice. Startled, the king of Harrold Kingdom staggered backwards, tripping over a forgotten stack of books and out the window. The guards who ran into the room after hearing his shout say that he finished his sentence as so while pointing skyward: “With these blasted pastries! They should be blueberry! BLUEBERRY I SAY!”

It is quite a ridiculous story once you think about it, but a holiday was decided on that day nonetheless. It is a day where you can sleep as peacefully as Jaxon, and eat as much blueberry pastries as you please. I enjoy that day a lot.

My turn now. I counter you with the same questions you have asked me, and two new ones which are: Do you like blueberry pastries? And what is your favorite hobby?

Yours Truly, Prince Kendrick V. Xanth
♠ ♠ ♠
note: BLUEBERRY I SAY!