‹ Prequel: Oh Captain, My Captain

Captain of My Life

Captain of My Life 013:

Chapter Thirteen
“Nice Sid, real nice,” I scoffed and glared at Sidney as I watched as Andrew ran into the house and up the stairs crying.

“What?” he asked as he came into the kitchen, I shook my head and threw him the phone, “Alex! Come on!”

“Call and order pizza!” I ordered and then walked up the stairs heading towards Andrew’s room.

I opened his door and saw him crying on his bed. I looked back towards the stairs, hoping that Sidney would come up the stairs and try to fix whatever he said to his son, but he didn’t. I sighed and walked into the room, closing the door behind me and then sitting on the edge of the bed. I rubbed my son’s back and watched as he rolled over and hugged my sides.

“What happened baby?” I asked.

“Daddy hates me!” he said and my heart broke.

“Aw sweetie, your dad doesn’t hate you,” I cooed and then picked my son up and hugged him, “What happened?”

“He asked me why I don’t like hockey, I told him I just didn’t and he got mad,” Andrew explained and I kissed his head.

“Baby, he doesn’t hate you, he’s just trying to understand you,” I said and rubbed his back, “Just like I’m trying to understand you.”

“You hate me too?”

“No! Of course not baby! I love you very much.”

“Why does no one like that I play baseball?”

“I like that you do! You’re doing your own thing that makes me happy!” I said and looked at my upset son, “I guess Poppie is the one who got you into baseball?” I asked and Andrew nodded his head.

“I thought daddy would be happy that I like sports,” he said and I wiped his tears from his face.

“Oh Andy, he does, it’s just hard for him to show it,” I said and then sat my son on his bed, “Why don’t you stay up here and calm down. I’ll bring the pizza up to you when it comes.”

“All right,” he said and I kissed his head and walked out of his room to see Sidney walking up the stairs.

I pulled my husband into our bedroom and glared at him, “Your son thinks that you hate him.”

“What? That’s crazy!”

“You tell him that! I understand your feelings about baseball, it’s not my favorite sport either, but it’s something your son likes! Remember when my mom didn’t like the fact that I didn’t like hockey?” he nodded his head, “You’re my mom right now.”

“Alex-“

“No Sid, you fix your relationship with your son or you’re going to lose him,” I said and then felt my eyes water, “I don’t want our kids to have the parents that I had. Granted I’m close with my dad now, but he was afraid to stand up to my mom when I was younger, so he would always side with her.”

“Alex,” Sidney breathed and then placed his hands on my arms around hugged me, “I’ll talk to him.”

“Please Sid, be opened to his decision to play baseball,” I said and Sidney nodded his head and pressed his lips onto mine.

-Sidney-
‘…My son thinks I hate him?...’ I thought as I walked down the hall to Andrew’s bedroom, ‘…That hurts more than losing the cup…’

I opened Andrew’s door and saw him sitting on his bed throwing the baseball into the air and catching it. His back was to me, so he didn’t see me walk in. I walked over towards him and when he threw the ball in the air, I caught it. Andrew looked up and then turned around to see me standing there.

“Can we talk, buddy?” I asked and Andrew nodded his head, “I just want to say, that I don’t hate you, you’re my son, I love you.”

“But you don’t like that I don’t like hockey.”

I sighed and shook my head, “Buddy, it’s not like that, it’s hard to grasp that you don’t like hockey, but you are your own person, and you like baseball,” I said and rubbed my face, ‘…Though I don’t know how…’ I thought and then handed Andrew the ball back, “If you want to play baseball, I’ll support you.”

“Really?!” Andrew asked happily and I nodded my head, “Will you come to camp?”

“Your sister has hockey-“ I started and Andrew sighed, “I’ll see if your mom and I can switch off, how ‘bout that?”

“All right!” he said and I smirked then knelt down in front of him.

“Come ‘ere,” I said, holding out my arms and pulled my son in for a hug, “You know, Aunt Taylor is coming down in two days, maybe you can show her your baseball moves?”

“Yeah! All right!”

-Alex-
“Are they all asleep?” I asked as Sidney walked into the room after checking up on all four of our children.

“The twins were just falling asleep when I walked in, but Alicia and Andrew are asleep,” he said as he walked over towards me and wrapped his arms around me.

“Come on Sid,” I laughed as I rubbed the lotion into my legs.

“I love when you do that,” he whispered into my ear and then kissed my next, “I love you, Alex.”

“I love you too,” I said and then turned in his arms and then brushed some of the lotion that was on my fingers onto his nose.

“Hey!” Sidney growled and I laughed and looked at him innocently.

I laughed when he picked me up by my legs and threw me onto the bed. I wiggled further across the bed and Sidney smirked threw his shirt off and climbed onto the bed and on top of me. Sidney stuck his hands under my nightgown and I groaned as his hands went up my stomach and he pulled the silk nightgown over my head and then pressed his lips onto mine.

I giggled when he picked me up and leaned his back against the headboard, setting me on his lap. Sidney kissed my neck and ran his hands down to my thighs.

“We haven’t done this in a long time,” I said and Sidney looked at me and nodded his head.

“We should do something when the season ends, just the two of us,” Sidney said and I looked at him confused.

“We haven’t gone anywhere since Andrew was born,” I said and he nodded his head.

“We should, have my sister and your dad watching them, or- I don’t know, we’ll figure it out,” Sidney said as he rubbed my thighs.

“All right,” I smiled and then placed my hands on his neck and pressed my lips against his, “But first,” I said and smirked, “These have to go,” I breathed as I tugged at his pajama pants.

“Yes ma’am,” he said and then jumped forward, throwing me back against the bed and climbing on top of me.

We heard giggling and I leaned my head back and Sidney looked up and cursed. I sighed and shook my head and then covered myself.

“What are you two doing up still?” I asked as I threw my nightgown on after hiding behind Sidney.

“Not tired,” Troy said and I laughed a little and shook my head.

“How did you get out of your room?” Sidney asked as he walked over towards Lukas and picked him up as I walked over towards Troy and picked him up.

“With this,” Troy said and pulled out a toy dinosaur, “Rex did it.”

“He did?” I asked and took Rex and looked at him and shook my head, “Well, it’s time for bed.”

“NO!” they both whined and I sighed and looked at Sidney who pouted towards me.

“Sorry guys, its bedtime,” I said and Sidney smirked.

We walked out of the room and down the hallway where the boys’ shared bedroom was. Sidney and I laid our sons in their bed and walked towards the door.

“Night boys,” Sidney said and I placed my hand on his chest, “Go to sleep now.”

“All right,” Lukas said and I smirked and turned the light off, seeing that their fish night light was on.

I closed the door and then took Sidney’s hand and walked down towards the bedroom and giggled, “Definitely need that vacation.”

“I’ll say,” Sidney laughed and then pressed his lips onto mine. He placed his hand on my hip and started to close the door but I stopped him.

“Go to bed!” I yelled because I heard the twins’ bedroom door opening again. They giggled and the door slammed closed.

“You’re good,” Sidney said and then closed our door, picked me up and carried me to bed.