‹ Prequel: Oh Captain, My Captain

Captain of My Life

Captain of My Life 008:

Chapter Eight
"I don't believe it! Can you believe it, Fred?"

"No, I've never seen something like this before," the announcers on TV said as we watched the fight on TV.

"Are they high?" Vero asked as she stared at the TV in disbelief.

I stood up from the couch and walked over towards the balcony and stared down at the ice, "COME ON SID!!!"

"Alex! What the hell are you doing? What are they doing?" Mel asked as she grabbed my arm and pulled me back into the suite.

"I mean I think even the refs are confused," the announcer said.

"I've seen fights before, but never teammates fighting each other during a game," the other announcer said and I pounded on the couch.

"What the hell is going on? I'm so confused! Why are Sid and Kovnetski fighting?" Sam asked.

"He's taking charge of his team," I smirked and they looked at me.

"I hardly think that now is the time or place to be fighting about their rankings!" Vero said and I shook my head.

"Now more than ever, if they want to start winning some games, then these rookies need to learn their place. And why not now? During a game! Embarrass the hell out of 'em!"

"Because Sid's gunna be embarrassed too!" Mel said and I shook my head.

"He'll be fine," I said and then heard the announcer say that the refs were finally breaking the fight up after standing around looking lost, "I'll be back."

I ran out of the suite and made my way down towards the bottom floor.

"You want to explain to me what that was about? I know you have something to do with it," I heard and turned to see Mario walking up behind me.

"Taking control of his team," I smiled and Mario sighed and shook his head.

"This is a disaster."

"You'll be fine," I said and then walked down the hallway towards the locker room to see that Sidney had walked into the room, "Excuse me."

I ran into the locker room and saw Sidney shaking his fist around and I saw the cuts on his knuckles. The door closed and Sidney growled, "I'm not in the mood to talk Coach!"

"Then you can listen," I said and Sidney turned around and looked at me.

"What do you-"

"Thought you didn't want to talk," I said and he sighed and rolled his eyes.

Sidney and I haven't really spoken with each other for the past week, mostly because he was attending away games and press conferences. I knew he was anger at me for telling him how to run the team, and I knew I should have shut my mouth, but he needed to hear it.

It was the third period against the New Jersey Devils, Kovnetski looked like he was trying to pick a fight with one of the Devils and Sidney was trying to stop him because he all knew that, just like Murry's fight against Lucic, Kovnetski was going to get knocked out. Sidney tried to stop the kid from being an idiot, but then the two of them ended up fight. Helmet's were dropped, words were said, gloves were tossed and fists were going.

"Alex, I'm really not in the mood-" Sidney said but I walked up to him and pressed my lips against his.

I felt his arms wrap around my waist and he picked me up off the ground and I held me closer. When we pulled away, I laid my forehead on his and smiled towards him, "I'm proud of you Sid."

"Kid seriously pissed me off," Sidney said and smiled and ran my hand through his hand pressed my lips against his for a second time, "I love you Alex."

"I love you too," I smiled and then felt a kick in my stomach and had to sit down.

"You all right?"

"I think I felt a kick," I said and Sidney placed his hand on my stomach and the laughed, smiling brightly when a second kick came, "Yeah, you don't have to go through all of this, now I have to pee."

"All right, all right."

"If you want another kid Crosby, then next time, you're carrying and delivering it!" I said as I started to move further into the locker room towards where the bathrooms were.

"I don't think that's physically possibly!"

"Oh it is!" I laughed and then shook my head.

-Sidney-
I smirked and then shook my head as Alex turned the corner. I'll admit, it felt damn good to punch that kid multiple times. The refs penalized us for fight minutes because of fighting, Kovnetski was put in the box, and I was placed in the locker room. Really it should have been the other way around because the only place I was bleeding was on my knuckles, I'm pretty sure that his nose, lip and above his eyebrow.

"Sid," I heard and then turned around to see Marc standing there, "You good?"

"I'm so good right now," I laughed and Marc smirked and walked over towards me and patted my shoulder.

"Good," he said and then looked passed me and smiled, "Figured you had something to do with this."

"Why does everyone keep saying that?!" I heard Alex ask as she came over towards us.

"Because it's true, you're a bad influence on him," Marc teased and I smirked.

"Bad? Or good," she smirked and I felt her arm wrap around my back, "I do believe that it's time for you to head back out there Sid."

"Yeah," Marc said and I nodded my head, "Sent back to get you."

"All right," I said and then turned around and pressed my lips against Alex's and then headed out of the locker room, following Marc out towards the bench.

-Alex-
"And that's enough partying for you my friend," I laughed as I took the empty beer bottle out of Sidney's hand and told all the boys to have a good night.

“We won Alex!” Sidney said happily and I smiled and nodded my head.

“Maybe since they now know the feeling they’ll start to work as a team,” I said and Sidney wrapped his arms around my neck and leaned against me, “Oh, uh, ok Sid, no you’re too heavy.”

“Ok,” he slurred and I laughed and helped Sidney over towards the couch in the living room.

“I’m so happy for you, baby,” I smiled as I laid Sidney down and kissed his head.

Sidney had fallen asleep and I smiled and decided that I was going to walk around the house and clean up the mess, take the garbage out and finally get some sleep. It was just after two in the morning; most of the guys had come over after the game and celebrated their first win in the season.

As I bent down to pick up a bottle of garbage that I had accidently tipped off of the counter, I felt a kick in my stomach, “Ow! Damn, you’re hurting me little one.”

I sat down in a chair and started to rub my stomach and him a random tune that popped into my head. Another kick happened and I hissed and shifted in my seat, “You’re just like your sister, she was a kicker too. Are you trying to skate?” I laughed as I continued to rub my stomach.

I took a deep breath and then stood up and made my way upstairs. I could hear Sidney snoring on the couch and I smiled as I reached the top of the stairs. My dad had offered to keep Alicia and Andrew over night, and I was going to pick them up in the morning.

I knew it was going to feel weird without having Sidney sleeping next to me, but I was tired and he was drunk, there was no way I could get him up the stairs. I didn’t usually like it when people got drunk; although, I got lucky when I found out that Sidney was a funny drunk.

After I got undressed, I changed into my silk tank top and matching shorts and then walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth and hair. I washed the makeup off of my face and then walked over towards my bed and started to apply lotion to my arms and legs, this was my routine every night.

I heard the door crack open and looked over to see that Sarabi and Zeus were peaking their heads into the room. I laughed and patted the bed and they ran into the room, jumped onto the bed, make themselves comfortable and went to bed.

I smiled and then laid down in the bed and looked at the dogs, “You’re just up here because you know that daddy’s downstairs.”

Zeus stood up and then stepped over Sarabi and put his face in front of mine, he tried to lick my face but I pushed him away and told him no.

"Go lay down,” I laughed and then rubbed his head and then got myself comfortable on the bed, I didn’t like the fact that I had to lay on my back, but Sarabi was all right with it, because she had placed her head right on top of my stomach, making her presence known to the baby.

“You’re my good girl, Sarabi,” I smiled as I placed my hand on top of her head and then went to bed.