Status: One-shot :)

Regrets

Regrets

'It's not that I don't like you, we just need to be realistic here... Jer, it's never going to work. I'm sorry... I have to make a mature decision and pull out of this. You have to think of what everyone's going to say!' Damon said with a tinge of desperation in his voice.

'You're only saying that because you made me trust you, and I'm not good enough for you, or what you want. You wanted fuck buddies, I want way more. But you can't cope with that, can you, Damon? Can't deal with emotions? Well neither can I, but I still tried. FOR YOU. But nothing I ever do can make you want me like that, can it?' Jeremy shouted back, with tears streaming down his face.

'Fine Jeremy, you want emotions? I'm in fucking love with you, but think about it properly. We CANNOT come out. We CANNOT be seen in public. There are so many reasons, Jeremy. I never slept with anyone else while I was with you, no matter what you thought, and now I'm pulling out. I'm leaving, cutting everything off. You won't ever have to see me again.' Damon was bitter. More bitter than he'd been in months. Possibly years.

'No.. Dont do this. What do I have to do to show you we can tell people?' Jeremy needed Damon.. Needed him to stay sane, to feel loved, to stop himself falling asleep thinking about all his missed opportunities and people he missed. Damon kept him together. He was the missing piece.

'There's nothing you can do... I'm sorry this had to happen. Just know I love you, and i will never, EVER stop,' was the last thing Jeremy heard, before Damon looked into his eyes and erased any memory of the blossoming love between them. Mystic Falls wasn't ready for this, nor would it ever be.

It was just another regret Damon had to live with.
♠ ♠ ♠
Had this for ages on my other account, apologies for shortness.