In Their Eyes

Chapter 14

It's Friday and I still haven't spoken to Ginger, why the hell should I? She was so mean and there was no need for it as far as I'm concerned. This separation from her has encouraged me to talk to new people, even talk to Ella and I've found that she's actually really nice, obviously I can only talk to her when my mother isn't around but she's understands that.

I've relied so much on my sisters guidance and friendship since dad died but that needs to change, me and Jake are hanging out every chance we get, either him and Donovan pick me up and take me to school which is nice of them, they have to drive out of their way to do it, so I appreciate it even more. Ginger needs to see that I'm some fragile little girl who needs her sister to protect her from the big bad world, I have a mind of my own and I'm pretty good at using it.

I saw Todd and Ginger talking in the parking lot as Jake pulled into his space, we got out, meeting Ella and Donovan at the doors, I don't even care what they were talking about, probably bitching about me not talking to them.

"Are you and Ginger still not talking?" Jake asked me as we walked to my locker.

"Nope, if she wants me to talk to her then she needs to apologise, to me and Donovan for acting like a bitch because it's not fair!" I reply glancing over to Gingers locker.

"I get that babe but she's your sister! Don't get me wrong I'm loving the new you, I just think that you need your sister as well!"

I look Jake straight in the eye and smile, then finish retrieving my things, before grabbing his hand and pulling him towards class. The day flew by so fast, even practice seemed to go quickly, Ella waited for me with Donovan knowing that mother would be home late from work, I helped her with her chores when we got home and then I headed to my bedroom.

As I rounded the corner to head upstairs, I almost ran into Ginger who was all dressed up ready to go out. I looked her up and down before speaking.

"Where are you going, the prom?"

"It's none of your damned business, Aisling, you would know if it was. If it's to much to even talk to me don't act like you even care." She snapped storming past me down the hall and exiting out the front door.

I shook my head heading upstairs, to listen to my music, Ella joined me as soon as she had finished her chores so that we could hang out before mother returned home and found us.

"Where was Ginger going all dressed up?" Ella asked as we sat on my bed messing around with my phone camera and laughing.

"I don't know probably going to Todd's place, what do you think of Donovan El?" I asked looking at Ella who blushed.

"It doesn't matter what I think, Ginger likes him and I don't want to fight about a guy!"

"Donovan deserves better than Ginger, she does care for him don't get me wrong but she's kind of possessive when it comes to boys and Donovan needs love not obsession!" I told her honestly.

I love my sister to bits don't get me wrong but after being away from her, I've realized that the things I used to think about other people weren't my thoughts, I was just agreeing with Ginger so that she would think I was cool and a lot of my thoughts are different.

Lets take the nerds at our school, Ginger used to always pick on them when she got the chance and I'm ashamed to say that I actually joined in, the weird thing is now I can relate with them, they're outsiders just like me and I actually like talking to them about stuff.

Ella sat and stared at me for a few minutes, before panic spread across her face as the front door slammed and mother called for her, I hugged her and gave her a small smile, before she hurried from my room to answer my mothers shouts.

I sighed, taking a deep breath and changing into my pyjamas before heading downstairs to make myself something to eat, unlike everyone else in the house I didn't rely on Ella to do everything for me anymore, she is my friend, no screw it she is my sister and I will not be involved in the cruelty she is put through.

As I ran downstairs I again almost ran into Ginger who was just coming through the door, she looked terrible and close to tears, but instead of coming to me for comfort she just ran past me and up to her room.
♠ ♠ ♠
SO I hope this is okay... Let us know what you think or even give us your suggestion to what you think might or should happen!!