In Their Eyes

Chapter 18

"You'd help me even after all of the horrible things I said?"

I pulled Ginger into a hug. "Of course I would; you're my sister."

She smiled softly. "How are Ella and Donovan?" I looked at her with a bit of shock on my face. "Aisling, I was numb not stupid. I think he deserves her, a better person than I will ever be. Though if she has her knight in shining armor, where's mine to save me?" Ginger yawned loudly, "I'm going to bed, we'll talk in the morning." she turned on her heels and left me standing thinking about what she just said.

***
I woke up earlier than usual, after a peaceful sleep, for the first time in a long time everything seemed okay, me and Ginger were at least talking again, although I still hadn't fully forgiven her for what she did, I was really getting to know Ella which made me feel whole in a weird way and I had Jake, what more could I ask for.

I was just finishing getting ready to go to the mall, when Ginger walked into my room, smiling and standing in the middle of the floor.

"Hey. I'm going to talk to Donovan, can you cover for me if mom asks?"

"Um, sure. Why are you going?" I asked suspiciously.

"Well, he deserves to know why I've been a jerk lately and I need to tell him everything."

"Everything? Are you sure?" I said worried about how he would react.

"It's better than doing nothing." Ginger replied shrugging her shoulders.

She again left my room and I shook my head, finding my shoes and putting them on before grabbing my bag and running out the front door, I was meeting Ella and Jake at the Mall, mother was working again as usual, so Ella had a couple of hours to spare.

***

I finally found Ella and Jake at the smoothie stand at the centre of the Mall, this was my favorite place in the whole world but being there with Jake made it a lot more special. We walked hand in hand to a load of shops, messing around and taking pictures, Ella seemed to be having fun even without Donovan there. I felt bad because I knew that Ginger was with him right now, telling him all her problems and probably hoping that he would comfort her.

I knew that I should have more faith in Ginger but I just couldn't, her track record wasn't good when it came to guys and everything told me that this was going to be no different. After an hour and half of shopping and eating, I decided that I better head off home with Ella who needed to get her chores done.

"We better get going Ella, otherwise you'll never get your work done!"

"Okay, I'll meet you at the car," Ella said as Jake hugged her.

She walked off as I turned to face Jake who smiled at me and put his arms around me.

"So I'll see you when you can okay?" He said.

"Yer! I'll text you!" I replied smiling but feeling upset, I didn't understand why.

He kissed me, then walked off, I turned to walk towards the car when I heard my name being called, I turned to see Jake standing looking after me.

"I love you baby!" He said.

"I love you too!"

With that he left, I drove Ella home making sure my mum wasn't around, I also noticed that Ginger wasn't home yet which worried me, I didn't want Ella getting hurt because of Ginger and it wasn't fair on Donovan either.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this is okay! Let us know what you think!