In Their Eyes

Chapter 2

I was pulled from my dream by Ginger coming into my room and speaking. I am definitely not a morning person so it kind of annoyed me but I knew she was right.

"Aisling, you need to get up before mom sees you asleep. We don't need a repeat of yesterday."

I mumbled, and sat up groggily. "Fine I'm up, I'm up," I said.

"Good. I'm going downstairs to eat, and I'm leaving in thirty minutes."

"Okay," I grumbled as she left.

I crawled from my bed grabbing my cheer leading uniform that I had laid out on the chair the night before, I went to the bathroom grabbed a shower, got dressed, applied my makeup and then joined Ginger downstairs on the thirty minute mark. As always Ella was in the kitchen preparing breakfast but I wasn't really that hungry so I skipped and followed Ginger out the door.

"Why aren't you wearing your cheering uniform?" I asked.

"I'm not going to practice today," Ginger said bluntly.

"Why not?"

I heard her sigh as we got into her Jeep. "Because, Aisling, I have better things to do today." I gave her a hurt look because she had never spoken to me like that before. She sighed again, taking her eyes off the road to look at me. "Look, I'm sorry. I have to go meet mother after school. She wants me to get a dress for the homecoming dance. I need her approval on a dress to ever become queen. You know how she is."

I shrugged. "I know. I'm fine. Can you still pick me up after practice?"

The dance wasn't really on my list of things to do, but I knew mother would get me a dress too accompany Ginger's and that she would force me to go. The last thing I wanted to do was disobey mother.

"Yes," Ginger said as we pulled into school. We got out of the car just as Donovan pulled up beside us. I know Ginger fancies him, I'm her sister I know everything that mother doesn't and who wouldn't fancy Donovan Jackson he was dreamy to say the least, not my type though.

There is a boy I like but mother would never allow the relationship to start, Jake Bell is sweet and caring, as well as hot as hell but he isn't one of the jocks so that rules him out. If they haven't got money or parent’s wit money then mother wasn't interested, no matter how much we liked the guy, she had the last say.

I hate it ... Not being able to choose who I fall in love with or even give my heart to, its like being in prison but this was better than the alternative, poor Ella is like a slave in her own home and I feel sorry for her but what can I do when mother is always around.

"Ginger!" I said obviously pulling her from some sort of dream…

"What?" She mumbled annoyance clear in her voice.

"Todd's coming."

Todd Blake was the boy that mother had chosen for one of us to date, Ginger had of course stepped up and accepted but I felt guilty. I hated Todd, he was just as bad as mother with his violence and temper, Ginger was always coming home with bruises and marks, crying but crying was a weakness in mothers eyes and so she got punished.

I followed my sister through the school, of course we were popular and acted stuck up, we were mean for no reason but it was all a show ... Neither of us could be who we really wanted to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you go guys chapter 2!

Let us know what you think!