In Their Eyes

Chapter 3

When the last bell rang I departed from Aisling, telling her I'd be back in at five to pick her up. I got in my car and went to meet my mother at the dress shop in town. I pulled up in the parking lot, and fix my hair and make-up. I had to be perfect, or else mother would scold. I walked into the store, took off my sunglasses, and immediately found my mom. She was sitting on a bench with dresses already picked out, and even though I hate to say it, she looked stunning. Her black-blue hair fell in waves around her face all the way to her mid-back, and her large blue eyes were framed with full lashes.

"Finally, you're here. Get in the dressing room and try these on." Her tone was harsh, and I didn't know how a woman like her could ever decide to have kids.

I walked into the dressing without a comment and began trying on the dresses. After what seemed like an eternity me and mother found a dress we both agreed on.

My mother looked semi-pleased. "Now we just have to find Aisling a dress."

"But, she doesn't want go."

My mother looked at me crossly. "She going to dance, Ginger. I'm pretty sure she would want to go."

"I know her better than you, and she does not want to go to some dance."

She pressed her lips tightly. "Aisling, we are not discussing this. Your sister is going to the dance and that's final." She picked up one of the other dresses I have tried on for Aisling. When we walked out of the store she backhanded me. A with her voice strained she said, "don't you ever disrespect me again!"

I rubbed my cheek and just glared. I turned on my heel and headed to my Jeep. I looked at the clock when I turned on the car, and noticed that I was suppose to have picked up Aisling ten minutes ago. i peeled out of the parking lot and hurried to the school.

I pulled up at five-thirty, and saw Aisling sitting on the curb waiting. She looked pissed as she got in the car. "Why are-" She stopped her sentence when she looked at me. She slowly and gently touch my throbbing cheek. "Gin, did mother do this to you?"

I laughed darkly. "Who else would've?"

"Why?"

"I told her that you didn't want to go, and that I knew you better than her." I shrugged. "It's my fault. i shouldn't have said that."

"Gin, don't blame yourself. It's not your fault she's a horrible mother." She paused. "What did she say?"

"About what?" I asked confused.

"Me going to the dance?"

"Oh." I looked down. "She that you still had to go."

Aisling's face dropped. "Oh, okay."

We drove the rest of the way home in silence. When we pulled up to the house, Donovan was dropping Ella off. I gripped the wheel tightly as she hugged him good-bye.

Aisling's hand touched my shoulder. "Ginger, maybe it's for the best. I mean, mother would never let you go out with him."

I chuckled darkly. "Of course she wouldn't, Donovan's a nice guy. That's why he would never date me."

Before she could offer me words of comfort, I ran from the car and into the house. I locked myself in my room for the remainder of the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Third chapter!

What do you guys think?