In Their Eyes

Chapter 8

As we walked through the iron gates, we saw Ginger with Donovan, I took a glance at Ella who didn't seem phased by it.

Ginger gasped when she saw my face and ran to me. She touched My lip and face gingerly, but I still winced from pain, even now it still hurt as bad as when mother had done it. She threw her arms around me and squeezed me tightly. "Oh, baby, what happened? Why would mother do this?"

She look mortified and knowing Ginger she probably blamed herself but none of this was her fault, none of it!

"She knew you left early and thought I knew something, and wouldn't tell her. I'll be fine though."

Tears started welling in Ginger's eyes which were already red and puffy as if she had been crying for ages, her hand covered her quavering mouth. "It's all my fault, Aisling, I'm so sorry. If I had just been a little stronger I could have prevented this."

"There's nothing you can do about it now. But, we have to be home before mom gets there."

Ginger nodded, looking at Donovan. "Take Ella with you. She doesn't need to be mixed up with this." Before he or Ella could argue Ginger grabbed my hand and practically pulled me to her car. We arrived home and She led me to my room, like some little school girl who had been bad.

"Aisling, don't come out of this room. No matter what you hear. Mother hurt you too many times today, when it should have been me."

"But, Ginger, you can't do this by yourself!" I said really not wanting to leave her on her own with mother, you see Ginger thinks that she has to be the strong one, that I can't look after myself but I can, she's not always going to be around and I knew that, yer it was difficult for me to think about but it was going to happen.

She looked at me and for a split second she was a spitting image of mother there was no mistaking the similarities. "Aisling, just stay in here. I'm big enough to do this by myself. Besides, she can't think you had anything to do with this, and I'm a better liar."

Right then the front door opened. She kissed my head before leaving the room. I ran to the door opening it a little so that I called hear what was going on, I heard Ginger walk down the stairs and greet mouth then slap, that one was harder than any she'd given Ginger before. I placed my hand over my mouth stopping myself from crying out but silent tears fell down my cheeks.

Words were exchanged and then I heard someone walking back up the stairs, I ducked back into my room and jumped on my bed as if I'd been there the whole time then my door swung open and Ginger walked in.

"We need to get ready for the dance baby, so wipe those tears and get over here so that I can make you look like an angel!" Ginger said putting on fake enthusiasm and a huge smile which screamed help!

I did as she asked and within an hour we were both nearly ready, I didn't even want to go to the stupid dance and watch the guy I like dancing with some other girl whilst I'm stuck with god know's who, I hadn't asked, I really didn't want to know because I was scared of what the answer was.

Half hour later Todd and his brother turned up, this was going to be the worst day of my life or would it!
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like, please let us know what you think it'll be much appreciated !!