Status: Currently in the process of being edited

Oh How Wrong We Were to Think That Immortality Meant Never Dying

Chapter 5

Frank heard a light knock on his door and turned around to see Gerard and Mikey standing in the entrance to his room. He would've visited Gerard- he had wanted to- but the doctors wouldn’t let him out of his room, claiming that it was too soon after surgery to go roaming around. Apparently he was too weak to be trusted on his own. The doctor had also notified him that he would be resuming the usage of BCG injections into his bladder on a regular basis, so he wouldn't be leaving his room for his daily walks- at least not as much as he used to.

"Hi," He smiled at the two boys, and pushed the bad thoughts to the back of his mind upon seeing that he was not alone for once. He was really tired of being left alone in the hospital... but now he had Gerard to spend his time with, and Mikey too, as it appeared.

"Hi," Mikey returned. Gerard gave him a nudge and a pleading look, trying to pass his message onto Frank without actually telling him. "Gee wanted to make sure that you were okay." Frank didn't know who to answer to, so he chose Gerard, since it was his question, just not spoken from his lips.

"I'm fine, Gerard, just a minor surgery," Frank kept out that it hadn't been a minor surgery. He left out the part where they had to remove a fourth of his lung, so that the rest didn't get infected, assuring that the cancer didn't spread. "You want to sit? I was just watching Spider man." This time Gerard took the spot that Frank had cleared without a fuss, and Mikey took the chair- giving his brother a funny look due to his willing interaction with Frank.

***

A few hours later, Mikey decided that it was time for him to go. He gave Gerard a hug before departing. "Love you, Mikes," he whispered into his ear. It wasn't loud enough for Frank to hear, but it still surprised Mikey, because he never talked when someone was so much as in the same room as him, and this was a big step for him. He had spoken as if it was a regular occurrence and Mikey decided not to acknowledge it.

Mikey left Gerard alone with Frank, and all of the awkwardness that might have been present, had disappeared; Gerard really thought that he could befriend Frank. "So, were you really worried about me?" Gerard felt a slight blush fan across his cheeks, and nodded his head slightly. "Good, cause I would've been worried about you," Gerard smiled again, but kept it hidden by his black hair; he wasn’t used to anyone but Mikey actually caring about him, and it made him feel happy for once.

"Hey, sorry if this is a bit blunt." Gerard knew what was coming, Frank didn't like him, he didn't want to be near Gerard; this always happened, no one ever wanted to hang around him for too long. His constant silence often annoyed people, so they never stuck around for too long. "Do you want to be my friend? I don't really have anyone here, besides the nurses and patients that could drop dead at any moment." Gerard was, to say the least, surprised by Frank’s question; he'd never had any friends. He had always wanted one, but no one liked him, so he’d managed all 21 years of his pathetic life alone.

Gerard felt like a simple nod of his head wasn't enough; if they were going to become friends, he'd need to start opening up to him; you couldn’t just be friends without knowing anything about the other person. He sat in silence for a moment, trying to get up the courage to let words fall from his mouth, but was unable to find his voice in his bout of fear. "Y-yes," he managed to stutter out, and Frank looked… proud, and let a smile form on his lips.

"Good." Gerard pressed back into the pillows, seemingly content with his new found friendship. "You sleeping in here tonight?" Gerard nodded his head sleepily and fell asleep almost instantly, his head lolling over onto Frank’s shoulder automatically.

Frank couldn't seem to fall asleep, and he was worried about waking up Gerard with his constant moving around, so he got up from the bed and sat in the chair. It was uncomfortable and cold, since it had been deserted for a few hours. Though it may have been creepy, he sat and watched Gerard sleep, and he looked so peaceful as he slept, not as timid as he seemed when he was awake. Frank thought about his one worded answer, and was pleased that he had talked to him, since he obviously didn't talk to anyone but his brother.

Frank felt as though he could help Gerard, he knew that he couldn't 'fix' him, but he hoped that he could help him, by making him smile more, and opening up to him. Although, there wasn't much for him to do, seeing as Gerard was already perfect; Frank didn't care if he didn't talk, he was fine that way. But when he did talk, it made Frank realize just how much Gerard trusted him, but there was still more to gain, and he hoped to earn it 100%. He wanted to get to know Gerard better, and hoped that he would get better in the process.

Frank ended up falling asleep in the chair, even though he hadn’t meant to. He’d slept in the chair before, on the other, often occasions when he couldn’t get to sleep. He usually took a midnight stroll when he got anxious like that, but he didn’t want to leave Gerard on his own. Instead, the chair would have to do, and he knew for a fact that when he woke up, his muscles would be sore from the almost immobile position.

***

He woke up when he felt someone poking his side. It was still too early for the nurses to make their rounds, so he questioned what had cause the sharp jab in his side. He opened his eyes and saw Gerard standing over him; when he noticed the tears in his eyes, and jumped to the rescue. "You okay?" Gerard shook his head violently. Frank got up from the uncomfortable chair and moved to sit by Gerard on the bed so that he could hold him. "What's wrong?" Gerard just shook his head again as he sobbed into Frank's shoulder. He wanted to know what was wrong, but wasn't going to force Gerard to speak.

"Nightmare." His answers were always one worded, but to Frank, he was getting somewhere.

"You want to talk about it?" The question made the gears in Gerard's head move at full speed; he wanted to talk about it, he wanted to talk to Frank, but he was afraid it would come out in a stuttered mess and Frank would think he was just some idiot, so he shook his head, and Frank simply continued to hold him.

"Shh, it's okay Gerard. Everyone has nightmares, they're not real." This made Gerard feel even more guilty; Frank said that everyone has nightmares, so he shouldn't have made a big deal out of it. "How about we go back to sleep, and I'll be right here if you have another nightmare." Gerard decided that talking to Frank proved to be beneficial, even if he barely said anything, Frank seemed to know how to comfort him.He knew that he would be talking to Frank again, even if he didn't know if he was trustworthy. He was at least kind enough to listen to his jumbled up words.

Frank laid his head on Gerard's arm, and they fell asleep cuddling close.
♠ ♠ ♠
An update, finally. This chapter is shit, but I thought I should update. It's not nearly as long as I was hoping it would be, but if I tried to perfect it, it would never be up.