Status: New and exciting

Happily Never After

I see great things for you and me

Not every story has a happy ending. Mine, I was just happy making it to the ending. Sometimes, Fate has a funny way of making its self know to you. Other times, she is a cruel woman. To those who try to outsmart Fate, I warn you, it isn’t something you should do. Karma, now that is Fates cruel step mother. The kind of evil stepmother that even Cinderella wouldn’t wish on her worst enemy. Between Fate and karma, I didn’t know what one I hated more. All I knew was in the blink of an eye everything changed, everyone changed, and my life was thrown under a bus, ran over, and kicked when it was down. The scary part of it was, I loved every single second of it. It was exciting, scary, wonderful, kind of like jumping off of a cliff fifty feet above the water, and not knowing if you were going to hit the deep end, or the rocks when you hit bottom.
Sadly I wasn’t one of those girls who hooked up with someone at the bar, fell in love, and married the man of her dreams, and I didn’t want to be one of those girls. I wasn’t one of the lucky few to fall in love with the ruggedly handsome next door neighbor, sadly my next door neighbor was an old man, and his wife, and they didn’t speak any English, only Korean. I didn’t get into a fender bender with some superstar. My brother wasn’t famous, quit the opposite, I haven’t spoken to him in years, not because of some terrible fall out that ended in blows, just for the simple fact we didn’t have a thing in common. He does fine for himself and so do I.
I know nothing of tragedy and loss. I still have both of my parents who are my absolute best friends in the world. They are amazing and I feel nothing but pity for those who do not have as awesome parents as I do. Growing up happy, with enough money to ensure I had everything I needed, but not spoiled by getting everything I wanted. I have been to school, graduated college, and I pay for my own, with a job I love, and friends I couldn’t live without. I guess, because of how I was raised, when I find myself in this position that I found myself in, I can’t help but not only question my sanity, but ask why I got myself into this position to begin with.
It stated on a snowy night in downtown Pittsburgh… Kidding really. It started like any messed up love story does. East Carson Street, on a beautiful fall day, warm, with a breeze, one of those romantic breezes that blows the beautiful heroines hair. Well, that’s total bullshit. Here is the truth. It was a cold day, not a rare cold day in October, but it looked like we might receive the last thunderstorm that day. I hurried down the street as wind whipped my hair, and I held my vest’s hood over my head to protect my hair because I was meeting friends for lunch. As the winds whipped, I kept my face down, not wanting to have a bright red Rudolph nose. As I speed walked down the street, I ran right into someone. Knocking us both over, and I turned beat red with embarrassment. The woman, who was not happy, glanced upwards as a clap of thunder echoed though the sky. “I am so sorry.” I said and jumped up and reached out a hand to help her up. As useless as the gesture, she hit my hand away muttered something and stocked off. As I bent down to pick up my purse, a slip of paper flew from the spilled contents on the ground. I gasped, that paper, it held some very important information, the reason for meeting my friends for lunch. I grabbed everything on the ground and took off after the paper. Grasping for it every time I got close, then watching as someone stepped their foot down on the paper, and bent down to grab it.
“Thanks.” I said and took the paper from his out stretched hand; it was nothing more than a resume. I was going to apply at a dance studio on weekends. I had worked so hard on it, that I actually forgot to save my progress on the computer, and this person just saved my ass. Turning on my heel, I hurried dodging raindrops the very best I could, and into Fat Heads Saloon. “Over here.” My best friend Murphy called out and waved me over. I sat down and smiled at him. Explaining why I was late and slight disheveled. He laughed and orders us something to drink as we waited for Jack and Aimee to show up. “Hey.” I smiled as they sat down. Aimee grinned from ear to ear, and looked at me. “I have exciting news.” She said and looked at us. “You will never guess where I got an interview!” She said excitedly. “Where?” I asked not interested. She has a new interview every week, and never accepts the job.” “Working as a waitress.” She said and smiled. I held it in, but couldn’t help but laugh when Jack snorted into his drink. “Good luck with that.” He mumbled. “I can’t stay.” He said and we nodded this was a busy time of the year for him. He was a trainer and worked with some of Pittsburgh finest professional athletes, and right now Hockey was in full swing with his training. “You need a ride?” I asked and watch as he nodded, I sighed; it was my turn this time to drive him. Ever since he lost his license, driving him around wasn’t exactly my idea of fun. “Let’s go.” I said setting money for lunch on the table and standing hugging everyone goodbye I lead Jack down the streets towards my car.
That was Fates idea of being cruel. Not only did I not get to have then look over my resume, but I was the one driving him that day. I was the one who had to take him to the arena, and I was the one who would meet the man of my dreams, and then his friend. I was the one who would ruin a friendship that I have had since a child. All because I couldn’t say no, and Fate quite frankly hated me, but karma, she was going to be my best friend in the end and that’s all I needed, because when I heard those words, “Well hello beautiful.” I felt my pulse quicken. I felt my hands start to shake, and I felt my breath catch in my throat, not the words, no they didn’t do it. It was the man standing kissing a woman good bye, it was him who did it for me, and I knew I was in for it. Hello Fate, you evil bitch, my name is Theodora Bear, and my name is not the only thing you have managed to screw me over with.
“Teddy?” Jack called over out to me as I came back from my day dream of kissing him back instead of the woman. “Sorry what?” I asked feeling like a total ass at this point. “I said this is Max, I am working with him today, and do you want me to call you when we are done?” He asked again a small smile playing on his lips. “Yeah, call me, I am dropping off a resume somewhere and then I guess I’ll go visit Murphy and kill some time.” I said and he nodded. “Ok, bye.” He said and turned to follow Max inside. I allowed my sunglass covered eyes to follow the other man inside loving the way his sweat pants covered his ass, I let a smirk come to my lips as I climbed back into the car and started it.
Five long hours later, I found myself sitting in a chair; clinging to some fat man’s hand as Murphy tattooed my rib cage. “It’s really not that bad.” His thick Irish accent that I normally found adorable, sounding like nails on a chalk board. “Really?” I asked looking over at him wanting to kill him. “Because I am pretty sure if you were in my shoes, you would want to die.” He laughed and shook his head. “Beauty is pain.” He mumbled and it felt like he was drilling into me. “Maybe if you gained a few pounds it wouldn’t hurt as bad.” I blinked at him and shook my head, teeth gritted. “Maybe if I wouldn’t have had to drive Jack I could be home in a nice warm bath right now.” He laughed at this, “Either way you promised you’d be my first.” He said and I knew he was right. Jack was covered in tattoos, and to be honest there wasn’t much room left from him to get more, and I was the only one stupid enough to let him do his first tattoo on my body. “So did you meet anyone famous?” The fat man asked, I guess I should have at least learned his name; I was squeezing the life out of his hand. “Not really just the guy Jack was working with.” I said and he nodded. “Who is he working with today?” Murphy asked and I felt him stop and look at him. “Oh god, don’t stop, it hurts worse when you do that.” I moaned and looked at him as he laughed. “I finished the outline. I will do the rest when it heals.” He said and started to spray off the area. Just as he finished it was time to pick up Jack and I knew this was going to be a hell of a drive, it was hitting rush hour, and I had to get there in one piece. “See yah.” I said and left with a sigh.
When I arrived at the area to get Jack he was standing outside talking to a bunch of people, and I sighed and shut off the car, hating to interrupt, but at this point I was in pain and wanted to go home. “Hey.” He said as I walked up to him, jumping as he put his arm around me. “What?” He asked with a raised eyebrow, “I let Murphy do it today.” I mumbled and watched him laugh. “Yikes.” He grinned shaking his head. “So yeah, you ready?” I asked and he nodded, “Hello again beautiful, why is it you know who I am but I don’t know who you are?” He asked and grinned at me. I smiled, slightly feeling kind of playful and flirty, especially since the man was there too. “If I told you that, you wouldn’t call me beautiful.” I laughed and he grinned. “It’s Teddy. Teddy Bear.” I said and he burst out laughing and I frowned. “I’m not kidding.” I said and he grinned. “That is a um, well, that’s interesting.” He said and smiled. “So how come I’ve never met you before?” He asked and looked at him. “I try to ignore guys who ego weighs more than they do.” I answered not missing a beat of the conversation. I heard the guys around us laughing. He smiled. “I see great things with you and me.” He said and I nodded. “Like a restraining order and jail time?” I asked and he grinned even bigger if that was possible. “Well, Teddy Bear, what do you say to dinner and we can discuss how long your gonna play hard to get.” He said and I shook my head and looked at Jack. “I don’t date boys.” I said and his eyes widened. “Just men, but hey, if you know one, send him my way.” I said and headed towards the car, leaving him to be laughed at by his friends. Jack climbed in and as he shut his door, Max stood there. “Ok, I give; you are something else, dinner, 7:00, meet me here, I’ll drive.” He said and I sighed. “Fine.” How was I supposed to know that was going to be the moment my life changed forever? I couldn’t exactly it was a bad life changing event but it wasn’t going to be a good one either.
♠ ♠ ♠
I own nothing, only the things that don't make sense. I'm sorry it started out kind of slow, but it's now going to pick up, and you should hold onto your hats, its pretty awesome :)