Status: Updates vary, I write when I feel inspried:3

Still Strung out on You

So I'll break it even harder than before

I heard the shrill of my alarm as it went off. It was Saturday and I had promised Jack Barakat that I would go over to his house around 12ish to see what ever it was that he was working on. Right now it was... 9:30am, plenty of time to just lay he-- I mean, get ready to meet his family again for the first time in ten months.

I literally had to force myself to get out of bed so I could go and find some clean clothes from my wardrobe. There was this one pair of skinny jeans that I really wanted to wear, but I can't remember for the life of me where I put them. I heard my mom walk across the landing, so I took the chance to ask her.

"MOM!" I shouted. I heard footsteps retreating back to where my bedroom was.
"Yes, darling?" She popped her head around the gap in my door.
"Where are my tight black skinnies with the two zips on the top of the legs?"
"They're in the dryer, my love."
"Thanks mom. Could you do me a fav--"
"Yes, Alex. I'll fetch them up for you."
"I love you mom!"
"Love you too, sweetie."

I waited for what felt like an eternity, but in reality it was only ten minutes or so. My mom came upstairs and handed me the jeans and went back downstairs again. I looked at the clock. It was 9:43am. I still had plenty of time to do some stuff around the house so my mom can't get annoyed at me for going out for however long this whole thing is going to take me.

I stood up, and pulled my skinny jeans on and went back over to the wardrobe. I found a tight plain red tee out, and my black hooded jacket. I messed around with my hair for a good twenty minutes before finally deciding that I looked hot enough to make Jack want me again. I stuffed my song book and pen into my bag, grabbed my guitar and took off downstairs.

Placing the bag and guitar at the bottom of the stairs, I walked through the house to the kitchen. I was absolutely famished. I walked in and found that my mom had bought me a taco bell and was in the process of baking some cookies. These are just a few of the reasons I love my mom.

"Hey, mom." I smiled.
"Hi, sweetie." She smiled her motherly smile back.
"Do you want me to do anything before I head out? Like, hoover up or tidy up? Or something?"
"You could hoover up the living room, after you've eaten your taco bell, if you will, sweetie. Where are you going today?"
"Okay, I'll go and do that, and I'm just going to Jack's at 12. He asked me to go over to show me something he'd been working on or something."
"Oh, so you're talking again? And I might pop around for a few to see Joyce."
"I guess so?"
"Good, now go and eat your taco bell, then hoover the room."
"I will do, mom."

I demolished the taco bell in 0.2 seconds. I was so hungry, and it was my favourite. I went off in the hopes of finding the hoover. I decided to look in where I used to call the 'Harry Potter' cupboard, simply because it was a cupboard underneath the stairs. Me and Jack once played Harry Potter using this cupboard when we were nine years old. I remember my dad not realising that we were in there and we got locked in for an hour. That was the very first time we had kissed, and we talked about how we didn't like girls... So young, so naïve.

Luckily, the hoover was staring right at me as soon as I opened the door to the cupboard. I got it out, plugged it in, switched it on then cracked on with hoovering the living room floor. When I had finished, I put the hoover back where I got it from. I had a quick glance of the clock to find out it was knocking on 10:47am. One hour and thirteen minutes left until I go over to Jack's house.

A thousand emotions threatened to crash over me, so I went to the kitchen and stole a cookie to make me feel better. I refuse to let this break me down again. I can't let myself be weak anymore. I have to show Jack what he lost, and what he could have back if he wanted it. I can't let him see how much it hurts for us not to be with eachother, or how much it hurts to not talk everyday.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update!

Thank you all so much for reading, subscribing, recommending and commenting. It makes me feel all warm and happy inside knowing that you guys are actually enjoying what I'm writing. I hope you enjoy this chapter and the next on should hopefully be posted tomorrow!
-Thanks again to Gaskarthloveme for the comment!
Again, ENJOY! :3

Lauren xx