Hurricane Jenny

010:

Chapter Ten
-Jennifer-
“Did you have fun on the trip?” Beau asked as we walked into my room and laid on the bed.

“I did, thank you for inviting me, just a shame we had to come back,” I said as I laid next to him and felt his arms around me.

Vacation was over and we were back in North Carolina, everyone was spending the night at my house after driving for so long, and then leaving to head back to Pennsylvania in the morning. Jayson and Leah were in the guest bedroom while Brian and Philip were on the couches in the living room. I didn’t have to blow up the air mattress for Beau, because he was going to sleep in my bed, I wasn’t going to see him for a while, so I wanted to spend as much time with him as I could.

When morning came, everyone helped clean their areas up and gathered all of their things. Once they finished packing up Beau’s SUV everyone hugged me and said that they were happy to meet me, except Brian, he already knew me.

“Call me when you get home,” I said as I walked over towards Beau and wrapped my arms around his waist.

“I will,” he said and then wrapped his arms around my neck and I laid my head on his chest, “I’ll miss you.”

“I’ll miss you too,” I said and sighed, “Drive safely.”

“I will,” he said and I pulled my head away, and he pressed his lips onto mine. I heard cheering in the car and smirked. Beau pulled away and then kissed my forehead, “Take care Jen.”

“You too, Beau,” I smiled and then waved when he got into the car and started to back out of the driveway.

Once he was gone I sighed and then walked into my house and decided that I was going to head down to Raleigh and get Candy. After driving for three hours, I pulled up in front of my parents’ place and knocked on the door. My mom answered and smiled towards me.

“Candy! You’re momma’s home!” mom said and I laughed and hugged her.

“Thanks for watching her.”

"No problem, she was such a good girl,” she said and I smiled and walked into the house.

“Candy!” I whistled and then heard the pitter patter against the hardwood floor. I bent down and saw my girl walk into the hallway, “Ugh, mom! Why’d you put a dress on her?!”

“She looks cute!” my mom said and Candy ran over towards me and I shook my head as I said the blue and white checkered dress.

“Unbelievable.”

“You’re the one who packed it.”

“I just wanted to show you that I remember them, not that I put them on her,” I laughed and then bent down to pick my dog up, “What did your grandma do to you?”

“I pimped her!”

“Oh god, mom, don’t ever say that,” I laughed and shook my head.

“When did you get home?!”

“Last night, everyone left this morning for Pennsylvania,” I said and then walked into the kitchen and sat on the counter, “Where’s dad?”

“At Eric’s they’re working on something for the yard or whatever, I don’t know,” my mom said and I smiled, “How much did they text or call you?”

“Eric, eh, I’d say about seven calls and ten texts,” I said as I looked at my phone and heard my mom sigh, “Oh that’s nothing, Jordan literally doubled him- actually no, tripled him.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be.”

“I told them to leave you alone; you’re a grown responsible woman.”

“Thanks mom, but it’s all right, I not mad, they’re just crazy protective over me,” I smiled and mom nodded her head.

“Speak of the overprotective devil,” mom said and I turned around to see Jordan walking in.

“You’re back!” Jordan said happily and I laughed and put Candy down and wrapped my arms around my brother.

“I am, but it was like you were there, with all of your phone calls I mean,” I laughed and Jordan sighed and scratched the back of his head, “I still love you.”

“Good,” he said and then sat at the counter with me.

“So what’s the story on the lockout?”

“Don’t know; just know that the seasons not gunna start when it’s supposed to, if it does at all.”

“At least I get to play.”

“Yeah, good for you, my first season with the Hurricanes and we get a lockout,” he groaned and I smiled and patted his shoulder.

“Have you heard from Jared?” I asked as I looked at my mom.

“Not since he checked in on Friday,” mom said and I sighed.

“I was kind of hoping that he wasn’t going to stay with Providence,” I said and Jordan rubbed my shoulder.

“Sorry, I haven’t heard anything,” mom said and I sighed and nodded my head.

“Well, I better get home, I need to do laundry and grocery shop.”

“I’ll come too,” Jordan said and I looked at him.

“Don’t you have a wife to get home to?”

“She went on a trip with her sister; I’m all by my lonesome.”

“Oh you poor baby,” I teased and Jordan scoffed.

“Come on, it’ll be like the good ole days,” he said and I sighed and shook my head.

“If you go find my dog and get the god awful dress off of her, you can come with me,” I laughed then saw Jordan dash off.

“It’ll be good for you, Jen, you and Jordan have always been close,” mom said and I smiled and nodded my head, “Your father is gunna be sad that he missed you. He was starting to get use to Candy being around, caught him a few times napping on the couch with her lying on top of him.”

“Aw,” I laughed, “We’ll head over to Eric’s and show that I’m still alive.”

“All right,” mom laughed and patted my hand.

“Jordan, are you ready?!” I yelled and then turned to see that Jordan was walking in with Candy in his arms and he was trying to get the dress off.

“What the hell did you do mom? Glue it to her?” Jordan asked and I walked over towards Jordan and Candy.

“It has a zipper,” mom said and I laughed and looked on the side to see the zipper.

“Dumbass,” I said and Jordan scoffed, “We need to stop at your place?”

“Yeah,” he said and I nodded my head and said bye to my mom.

Jordan and I left the house and then headed over towards Eric’s since it was on the way. I knocked on the door, but Jordan came up and walked right in.

“Uh, Jordan?”

“What? Come on,” he said and I sighed but stayed where I was.

“Wow, your sister has better manors than you do,” Tanya said as she appeared in the hallway, “Come on in Jen.”

“Thanks,” I smiled and then walked over towards Jordan and punched his shoulder, “Have you learned nothing?”

“Ow!”

“Jerk,” I muttered and then smiled towards Tanya, “Sorry ‘bout him,” I said and she nodded her head, “Where’s my dad and Eric?”

“Backyard,” she said and we walked to where Eric and my dad were building a swing set.

My dad saw me first, but I shook my head and brought my finger to my mouth and smiled. He nodded his head and I ran towards Eric, whose back was to me, and jumped onto his back, scaring the crap out of him and pushing him to the ground.

“Dammit Jen!” Eric growled and everyone was laughing, even Eric’s son, Parker and wife.

After we talked for a little, smiling as Parker played with Candy, Jordan and I left Eric’s and headed over towards his house. He packed for a few days and then we started the three hour trip to my house.

“So how’s Marc been?”

“Good, he’s coming down next week,” Jordan said and I smiled.

“So everyone’s gunna be here except Jared?” I asked and Jordan shrugged his shoulders.

“You never know, when does training start?”

“Two weeks,” I said and Jordan nodded his head, “I’m so ready for this season to start.