Hurricane Jenny

012:

Chapter Twelve
"Happy Thanksgiving!" Jared and I said as we walked into my parents house and were hit with the aroma of all of the food.

"HI!" mom yelled excitedly and then ran over towards me, "How was your drive?"

"Long," Jared muttered and I scoffed and backhanded his shoulder, "She drove so slow."

"I was doing the speed limit!" I barked and my mom smiled and kissed my cheek.

"I'm happy you're here," she said and then moved to Jared, "Everyone's either in the kitchen, the living room or outside."

"Let me see, girls in kitchen, kids outside and guys watching football?" I said and mom smirked.

"Yes, yes and yes," she laughed and Jared laughed and started to walk towards the living room.

"I brought the apple pie," I said as I handed her the wrapped pie and then readjusted Candy in my arms.

"Oh I'm so happy you brought her, Parker's been wondering if you would," mom said and I smiled and placed Candy on the floor.

"Let me go say hi to the guys and I'll meet you in the kitchen," I said and mom nodded her head and then turned around to walk away.

I walked into the living room and saw Dad, Eric and Jordan sitting on the couch staring at the football themed TV. Marc sat on the recliner and Jared sat on the armrest, I snuck up behind them, grabbing the remote from next to my father and pausing the game.

"What? HEY!" the guys yelled and then turned around to see me smirking.

"Squirt!" Jordan yelled as he got up and walked over towards me.

"Why do you insist on calling me that?!" I groaned as my brother picked me up and hugged me.

"Play the game," he said and then hit play and took the remote with him back to the couch.

I laughed and then walked up behind down and bent over, "Hi daddy."

"Hi pumpkin," he said and we kissed each other's cheek and he went back to staring at the TV.

"Eric," I said and moved over towards Eric.

"Hey sis," he said and then kissed my cheek and I moved onto the next brother, Marc.

"Hey stranger!" I smiled as I pushed Jared out of the arm seat next to Marc and hugged my brother, "How are you?"

"I'm good, how 'bout you? See your teams been doing really well," he said and I smiled and nodded my head, "Good."

"How's life in New York?"

"Always interesting," he laughed and I smiled, "You know you're due for a visit."

"I know, maybe when my game schedule wasn't so crazy this season," I said and he nodded his head.

"At least you're playing."

"Still no word on the lock out?" I asked and he shook his head, "Sorry bro."

"I want it to end, the Rangers are gunna kick ass this season," he said and I laughed when I saw a pillow fly out of nowhere and smash into his face.

"That's a no bro! Hurricanes are gunna kick ass!" Eric said and then he and Jordan high fived each other.

"It'll be interesting if the Hurricanes and Rangers will compete for the Stanley," I said and dad looked at me.

"Gunna have to make a custom jersey for both teams then," he said and I laughed and nodded my head.

"I'm gunna go see the girls," I said and my brother's nodded their heads and I walked off into the kitchen.

"Jen!" I heard and looked to my side to see Marc's wife, Lindsey standing against the kitchen counter holding Candy, "I thought you were here."

"Hi!" I smiled brightly and then walked over towards her, "How are you?!"

"I'm fine, your puppy is so cute!"

I laughed and nodded my head, "Thanks."

"Jen," mom called and I turned around to see that she was pulling the turkey out of the oven, "Heather and Tanya are outside with the kids, why don't you go out and see them."

"All right," I said and then walked over towards the back door, hearing Candy's pitter pattering paws behind me.

"Candy!" Parker yelled happily as Candy ran into the fenced in back yard and was attacked by the three year old.

"Sure, he goes straight for the dog and not his favorite Aunt," I laughed and saw Tanya and Heather smile towards me, "Hi guys."

"Hi Jen, how are you?"

"Same ole, same ole," I said and then nodded their heads and turned back to the yard to see that Parker was chasing around Candy, "How about you two?"

"We're good, trying to make Jordan relax about the lockout," Heather said and Tanya nodded her head.

"Same with Eric, they're nervous that there's not going to be a season," she said and I sighed.

"I feel bad for them."

"Yeah, at least you and Jared get to play."

"We're not in the NHL though, we've never even been brought up before," I said and then sighed, "Well enough of this depressing crap, it's Thanksgiving!"

They gave a little laugh and then we heard my mom walk outside and tell us that dinner was ready. Heather and Tanya scooped up Levi and Parker and I grabbed Candy and we walked into the house.

"You tell the boys?" I asked and mom shook her head. I snorted and backed up against the wall, looking at the girls, "You might want to move."

They moved next to me and mom yelled 'dinner' loudly from the kitchen. There was silence for a few seconds, followed by the rumbling of the house, a stampede of five hungry men charged into the kitchen, grabbed a plate and were about to attack the food, but mom started to hit them with the wooden spoon, even dad.

"You bring this food into the dining room or so help me- No desert!"

"Yes ma'am!" they said and I laughed as they all grabbed something and walked towards the living room.

"Thanks for the warning," Heather said and I smiled and nodded my head, this being her first Thanksgiving with us and all.

"Any time," I laughed and then led the group into the dining room to see that the guys were all sitting down and waiting impatiently for the approval of grabbing the food.

Mom and dad sat at each end of the long twelve chair table. Heather sat on one side of mom, Jordan sat next to her, then Parker on his booster seat, then Jared. Marc sat on the other side of mom, with Lindsey, Levi in his high chair, Tanya and Eric, my dad sitting in-between Jared and Eric.

"Say grace," mom said and we all bowed out heads and held hands, hearing Parker laugh when dad started to say grace.

I looked at him strangely and then looked under the table to see that Candy was standing on her back paws, with her front paws on Parker's legs, her fur was tickling him. I smiled and then gently pushed Candy down and scratched her head. Mom had a smile on her face, and I took Parker's hand and bowed our heads again.

Dad said grace and then once he was finished and mom gave permission to eat, the boys all dug into the food like wild animals. Tanya made a plate of food for Parker and handed it to me because I was going to help feed him since he wanted to sit next to me. Jordan made a plate for me when I wasn't looking and my eyes widened at the amount of food that was on it.

"Dude! Come on, that's way too much, and you know I don't like my foods touching," I whined and he laughed and nudged his shoulder into mine.

"You're so weird, it all goes to the same place!"

"I'm not weird, my taste buds are!" I argued and then tried to push the mashed potatoes away from the green beans. I winced at the sight and looked up to hear laughing, "Stop making fun of me!"

"You're just so weird!" Eric teased and I sighed and shook my head.

"You're too skinny anyways, eat up," mom said and I groaned.

"I'm the size I need to be for hockey!" I laughed and then started to eat.

Ah, Thanksgiving with the family, always a fun time!