Hurricane Jenny

015:

Chapter Fifteen
“Nice Jen, nice!” Eric said as I caught the puck that he had shot at me.

This was the only chance I was going to get to practice. We got home early this morning and went straight to the rink. We lost against the Capitals last night, the score being zero to three. Coach said that he was going to have Dan Ellis in the net for tomorrow against the Penguins. I was a little mad because I was supposed to be in the net.

After practice, everyone was satisfied with what they saw in me. We showered, changed and went our separate ways. I went back to my mom and dad’s house and was instantly greeted by my happy puppy.

“I’m glad someone’s happy to see me,” I laughed and then turned when I heard car doors closing to see Eric and Jordan coming up the driveway, “What are you guys doing here?”

“We always come over to see mom and dad after an away game,” Eric said as he and Jordan walked into the house.

I smirked and shook my head, closing the front door and then walking into the house, knowing that my mom was probably in the kitchen since it was close to dinner time.

“Hmmm, whatchya cookin’ ma?” Jordan asked and I smirked and rolled my eyes.

“Pork chops,” she said and I made a disgusted face because I don’t like pork, “Don’t worry Jen, I made you chicken.”

“Yes!”

“You and your chicken!” Eric teased and I rolled my eyes.

“You keep eating chicken you’ll sprout feathers,” dad said as he walked into the kitchen and kissed my cheek.

“You’ve been sayin’ that my whole life, I still don’t have any,” I laughed and then leaned against the counter. My phone went off and I looked down to see that Beau was calling me; I smiled brightly and then answered my phone, “Hello.

“Jen!”

“Hi! Are you here?” I asked and my parents and brothers looked at me seeing my excited face.

“Yeah, we just got to the hotel, you want to do something?”

“Yeah, I’ll come get you, what hotel?” I asked and then pushed passed my brothers and grabbed the paper and pen next to the home phone.

“Uh, I forget what it’s called- Oh the Hampton Inn and Suites,” he said and I giggled at his forgetfulness.

“I know where it is, I’ll see you in about an hour?” I said and my mom smirked.

“Yeah, all right, see you then,” he said and then we said bye and I ran out of the kitchen, heading up the stairs and to my room.

“Yo! Squirt! Where’s the fire?!” I heard Jordan yell, but I chose to ignore him, worrying more about what I was going to wear.

-Jordan-
“What was that about?” dad asked as he looked in the direction that Jen had ran off in.

“Sounds like she’s got a date,” mom smiled and Eric and I looked at each other.

“Gotta be that Bennett kid,” Eric said and I nodded my head.

“He’s a cute boy, I thought he was really nice,” mom said and we looked at her.

“When did you meet him?” I asked.

“Well for one, at your wedding,” she said and I nodded my head remembering that he was there and that’s where he and Jen had met, “And then he was with her when they dropped Candy off when they were going to Florida.”

“Oh,” was all I said and then rubbed my face.

“MOM!!!” we heard Jen yell from upstairs and looked towards the stairs, “HELP!!!”

Mom laughed and then shook her head, “Was waiting for her to call. Boys, will you watch the food?”

“Sure,” Eric said and then watched as mom walked out of the kitchen and headed up the stairs.

“So what do you want to do about this?” I asked as I looked at my brother.

“About what?” Eric asked as he walked over towards the oven and looked at the food, “About Jen’s date?”

“Yeah, what else would I be talking about?!”

“With you Jordan, anything,” he said and I scoffed, “Nothing, just leave her alone, she’s an adult.”

“Come on!”

“No, look, when she was in Florida, how many times did we call her? Text her? How many times did we ask her if she was all right? She came home fine!” he said and I said, “Look, all I’m saying is that we back off, let her live her own life, she’s twenty, not thirteen.”

“I don’t like it.”

“Dude, we’re big brothers, we’re not suppose to like our baby sister dating,” Eric said as he smirked, “And think about it this way, if Bennett screws up with her, we at least know where we can hurt him and not get in too much trouble.”

I smirked and then nodded my head, “Yeah, I guess you’re right.”

“What happened to watching the food?!” dad yelled as he ran into the kitchen and Eric and I sniffed the air and then went wide eyed because we smelled burning food.

“Shit!” Eric growled and dad opened the oven and pulled out the food.

“Well, looks like we’re not having pork chops tonight,” dad said and I sighed and rubbed my face.

“Mom’s gunna freak.”

“WHAT DO I SMELL BURNING?!” I heard mom yell from upstairs.

-Jennifer-
“Honestly, you had one job!” I heard mom yell as I walked down the stairs and smelt the burnt pork chops.

I smirked and then walked into the kitchen to see that no one had seen me yet, they were too busy staring at the burnt pork chops wondering what they were going to have for dinner.

“You can have the chicken, I’ll be going out,” I said and then saw my brothers and dad turn around and smiled towards me.

“You look beautiful pumpkin,” dad said as he walked over towards me and kissed my forehead, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

Image

“Thanks daddy,” I smiled and then looked towards my brothers, “Promise you won’t follow me.”

“Promise,” Eric said as he walked over and hugged me, “You do look pretty.”

“Thanks,” I said and then walked over towards Jordan, “And you especially don’t follow me!”

“No promises,” he smiled brightly and then kissed my cheek, “Go have fun.”

“Love you!” I called as I walked out of the kitchen and over towards the front door.

“Use protection!” mom yelled and I felt my face heat up.

“MOM!” Jordan, Eric and I all yelled.

“Oh my god,” I muttered as I walked out of the house and headed towards my jeep, texting Beau that I was on my way.

When I got to the hotel, I parked my jeep and texted him that I was here. I walked into the hotel and waited in the lobby when he texted saying that he would be down in a minute.

“I’ll be damned! Jen!” I heard and looked up to see a bunch of the Penguins standing in front of me looking like they were about to leave.

“Hey,” I smiled and then watched as they walked over towards me.

“What are you doing here?” Sidney asked as I stood up and hugged them all.

“I’m here to see Beau,” I smiled and the guys laughed, “What?”

“No seriously, what are you doing here?” Tyler Kennedy asked and I laughed.

“I’m here to see Beau,” I repeated and the guys looked at me a little surprised, “Why?”

“That little shit was telling the truth,” Kris Letang said and I laughed nervously, a little confused.

“He said that he was going out with you but we didn’t believe him,” James said and I smirked and shook my head.

“What are you guys up to?” I asked.

“We’re heading out to grab something to eat,” Sidney answered and I nodded my head.

“Jen!” I heard and then saw Beau jog over, “I see you were attacked,” he said and then kissed my cheek and looked at his teammates, “Well, see ya guys.”

“Bye!” I smiled brightly and then felt Beau lace his fingers with mine and then we walked out of the hotel trying to stop ourselves from laughing.