Hurricane Jenny

017:

Chapter Seventeen
“Is anyone hearing me?” Coach asked and I sighed.

It was the end of the first period and the score was one to one. Chris Kunitz had scored the first goal against Dan Ellis; however, Eric had scored a few seconds before the period ended. We were playing a little sloppy, and Coach was nailing us for it.

“Staal!” he called and Eric, Jordan and I looked at him, “Switch out with Ellis!”

I smirked and then looked over towards Ellis who nodded his head. I looked at my brothers and they smirked towards me and I nodded my head.

When the break was over, I smiled brightly as my blades touched the ice and I skated over towards the net. I scratched out the freshly cleaned ice and checked my net to see that everything was all right.

-Beau-
“Shit,” I muttered when I looked over towards the net to see that Jen was scratching her ice out.

“What?” James asked and I nudged my head towards Jen’s direction, “Ah, shit.”

‘…Well this game just took a turn for the worst…’ I thought as James had told Sidney and the rest of the team.

“Hey!” Sidney called as he faced his team, “It’s all right, she’s just one girl.”

“One girl who’s really good,” Geno said and I sighed.

“You gunna be all right?” Sidney asked he looked at me.

“Yeah,” I said and he nodded his head.

I liked Jen, I liked her a lot, but we both understood that when we were on the ice, even though we were playing against each other, we weren’t going to slow down for anyone.

-Jennifer-
“Come on Crosby, is that all ya got?” I smirked when I caught his slap shot.

Sidney looked at my with frustration because the score was three to one, #19 Jiri Tlusty had scored a goal four minutes into the period, and then #53 Jeff Skinner scored almost two minutes later. The ref blew his whistle and skated over towards me, taking the puck from my mitt.

Eric skated over towards me and patted my helmet, “You got this.”

“Damn straight,” I smirked and Eric laughed and skated towards the faceoff circle.

Eric faced off against Sidney, Captain against Captain. The puck was dropped, Sidney won, he passed it over towards Pascal Dupuis who shot it over towards Matt Niskanen.

My eyes never left the puck, my eyes and my body followed wherever this puck was shot. When Dupuis shot the puck, trying to sneak it in, in the left corner, I threw my body in front of it and it bounced away. Sidney picked it up and tried to circle around the net, but I caught up with him and shot the puck away with my stick.

The whistle blew and I turned my head to see that Pittsburgh was getting a penalty; Deryk Engelland was called for hooking against Jeff Skinner. I sighed and turned back to the boys heading towards the faceoff circle but then heard the crowd start to ‘boo’. I looked back over and saw that Skinner was heading towards the penalty box as well.

‘…What?...’ I thought confused, ‘…What did he do?...’

The announcer said that Engelland was given a two minutes penalty for hooking while Skinner was given a two minutes penalty for diving. I rolled my eyes and shook my head; it was now four against four.

The game continued, more shots were fired, but I blocked them. I gave the Penguins credit that they were good at keeping the puck down on our end, Fleury looked like he was getting bored since I was doing all of the work. It was four against five; Eric was in the box serving a two minute penalty for interference against Dustin Jeffrey.

As soon as he was out of the box, he skated onto the ice and I looked at everyone skating towards me, ‘…There’s gunna be a penalty…’

The whistle blew and I smirked and stood up straight. The Penguins had too many men on the ice, but I sighed and watched as Beau skated over towards the box, he was the one picked to serve the two minute penalty.

Not even a minute after the puck was dropped, the horn was blown and the fans cheered, we had scored. Jiri Tlusty had done it again; he was assisted by Eric and Alexander Semin.

-Eric-
We all lined up and patted Jen’s helmet, she had done well and didn’t allow any pucks to get past her. The game was over; we had just beaten the Penguins with the final score four to one. Once we had all congratulated Jen, we all skated off of the ice and headed back towards the locker room.

I heard the media calling my sister’s name and turned my head to see that she had stopped to talk to them. I smirked and then walked into the locker room where the guys had already started to head towards the showers.

When I came out of the shower, Jen was just taking her gear off and I heard some of the guys gasp when they saw that she was wearing a sports bra and some short spandex shorts. I sighed and shook my head, ‘…Yeah, that’s gunna be an issue…’

“When did you get this?” Jordan asked as he pointed towards Jen’s back.

“What?” I asked and walked over.

“You have a tramp stamp?” Jordan asked and Jen smirked, “When did you get this?”

She smirked and shook her head, “It’s not a tramp stamp and I’ve had it for about two years.”

“It’s a lower body tat,” Jeff Skinner said with a smirk on his face, “I think it looks hot.”

“Shut up,” I said and looked at Jen, “Mom and dad know?”

“Mom went with me to get it,” she answered as she picked up her shower supplies, “Eric, it’s a butterfly, it’s not a nazi symbol.”

“Yeah but-“

“Calm down, I have a tattoo; it’s not the end of the world!” Jen laughed as she walked into the showers.

“Great,” I muttered and shook my head.

“You know mom said that she didn’t come home until this morning,” Jordan whispered to me and I looked at him and sighed.

“She’s an adult.”

“Keep tellin’ yourself that,” Jordan said and I heard my teammates laughing as I got dressed.

-Jennifer-
As I walked out of the arena, I headed over towards my jeep. When I opened the door, I felt arms around me. I screamed a little and growled when I heard Beau laughing.

“Not funny!” I yelled and pounded on his chest.

“It was pretty funny,” he said and I scoffed.

His bus pulled up and I saw some of the players already getting on, “When do you leave?”

“Tomorrow morning,” he said and I sighed, “Hey, I’ll see you soon.”

“But we don’t play you until the end of April,” I whined and he sighed and wrapped his arms around my neck.

“It’ll be all right,” he said and then pushed me against the jeep and pressed his lips against mine.

My hands were on his chest as one hand was on the back of my neck and the other was wrapped around me. I snaked my arms up and wrapped them around his neck and tangled my fingers in his hair.

“Hey come on Bennett!” I heard and then pulled away and sighed.

“Your teams calling,” I said and looked to see that some of my teammates were looking at us and smirking.

“I better get going,” he said and I nodded my head. He grabbed my face and rubbed my cheek with his thumb, “I’ll call you.”

“All right,” I smiled sadly.

He pressed his lips against mine against, but for only a short second. My arms dropped as he walked away and ran over towards the bus full of players waiting on him. He waved towards me as he got onto the bus and I waved back.

“It’ll be all right,” I heard and looked to my side to see Alexander Semin standing on the other side of the car that I was parked too; apparently it was his car, “You’ll see him again.”

“I’m sure, but it sucks that he’s all the way in Pennsylvania,” I said and he nodded his head and got into his car and I watched as the bus drove off.