Hurricane Jenny

018:

Chapter Eighteen
“I’m so happy you’re here!” I yelled happily and wrapped my arms around his neck.

“I wouldn’t miss your birthday!” Beau smiled and I pressed my lips onto his hearing the music blasting the new hit song, Thrift Shop, “Happy Birthday Jen,” he said and then handed me a small box.

“Thank you, you didn’t have to!”

“I wanted to,” he said into my ear because the music was loud in the club.

I opened the box and saw beautiful diamond earrings. My eyes widened and I smiled towards and brought my lips to his again, “They’re beautiful!”

He smiled and kissed my cheek, “Glad you like them.”

I moved my hair and brought my hands up to my ear, taking my dangling earrings out and then grabbing the new diamond studs and placed them in. When they were both in, I placed my other earrings in my pockets and then kissed his cheek and pulled him out towards the dance floor.

It’s been a month since I’ve seen Beau, like usual, we talked on the phone or facetimed each other, but it wasn’t the same. I’m still with the Hurricanes, Cam Ward is still out on injury and Justin Peters was sent down to the Checkers to help get his stamina back up. Everyone liked the fact that I was with the Hurricanes, myself included, well ok, maybe not the other teams, but the fans and my teammates liked it. Hurricanes had gone from the bottom of the league, to almost to the middle in a matter of ten games. I was racking up a lot of points, and my name was being mentioned all over the NHL channels. Apparently even though I’m just a temporary goaltender, I was now a nominee for the Vezina Trophy, a great honor among goaltenders.

Today was my twenty first birthday, and my brothers and teammates insisted that I have a big party. I had it at the local popular club and the boys rented out a private room, but most of them were on the dance floor creeping if they didn’t have girlfriends.

Mom and dad were watching Eric’s kids while he brought his wife and they had fun on the dance floor. Heather was a little shy at first, but once Jordan got a drink in her, she was a wild woman. Marc and Lindsey facetimed me before the party and apologized for not being able to make it, but I was all right. Jared was here, along with some of the Checkers. Some of the Penguins were here too; they had an away game this afternoon against the Panthers’ and decided they were going to fly up right after and leave for Pittsburgh tomorrow afternoon.

“There’s the birthday girl!” I heard and felt myself being picked up as Beau and I danced together.

My eyes widened and I screamed, looking down to see that Geno was throwing me over his shoulder and walking over towards the private. The guys were laughing and I was trying to hold my dress down so that no one saw anything.

“There she is!” I heard and then Geno dropped me onto the ground and gave me a hug.

I turned around and saw a massive cake with a ‘Happy 21st Jennifer’ written on it. Jordan and Eric lit the candles and everyone sang happy birthday to me. I laughed and felt Beau’s arms wrap around my waste. I smiled back towards him and leaned against his chest.

“Make a wish, squirt!” Jordan yelled and I laughed and bent over taking a deep breath, “Don’t spit on the cake!” he yelled right when I was about to blow.

“Come on!” I laughed and shook my head.

“All right, all right, sorry!” he said and I laughed and then took a deep breath and tried to blow all the candles out on the first try, but that didn’t happen.

-Jordan-
“All right, all right, how ‘bout, never have I ever…” I paused and thought about what to say, “Man I hate these games!”

“Come on!” Kris Letang yelled.

“Ok, ok, never have I ever…” I looked at Geno and smirked, “Skated onto the ice in my underwear!”

“Ooooooooh!” the guys laughed and watched as Geno smirked and took the shot.

The party at the club had moved to my house and there were about half of us here, most being some of the Penguins and my teammates. Heather, Tanya and some of the other women were in the kitchen gossiping while the guys were playing the drinking game ‘Never have I ever’, lame I know.

“What are you guys doing?” Jen laughed as she walked over towards us.

“Playing a game, join us!” Jeff Skinner said and she laughed and shrugged her shoulders sitting down in-between Eric and Geno.

“All right Jen, newbie goes now!” Jared said and Jen laughed and nodded her head.

“All right, um-“

“Oh please don’t be like Staalsy and take forever!” Kris said and I flipped him off.

“No, I got one,” she smirked evilly and I sighed, “Never have I ever,” Jen stared right at me, “gotten a spray tan before.”

“One time! That was one god damn time!” I yelled and heard the guys laugh.

“Drink up big bro!” Jen yelled and poured the shot for me.

“It was this asshole who dared me!” I growled and shoved James Neal’s shoulder.

“You still did it!” he laughed, “You did it and you came out looking like an Oompa Loompa!”
They all laughed and I growled and shook my head, telling them that we should move onto the next person, which would be Geno.

“Never have I ever,” he thought about it, “No I did that,” he smirked and then shook his head and I rolled my eyes, “Oh, ok! Never have I ever slept with TWO punk bunnies!”

“Ah shit,” Kris Letang muttered and threw back his shot, but I laughed when James and Jeff Skinner did too.

“God I love twins,” James said and I smirked and shook my head when he high fived Skinner.

“Sid, you’re up,” Eric said and I watched as Jen refilled the shot glasses that were empty.

“Yeah, yeah,” he said and then thought about it, “All right, never have I ever,” Sidney rubbed his face and groaned, “Ok, never have I ever kissed someone from the same sex.”

“Lame!” I yelled but heard someone curse. My eyes widened when I looked at Jen to see that she was grabbing her shot glass.

“WHAT?!” we all yelled and Eric and I were horrified while everyone else was smiling widely.

“Gotta love Florida!” she said and then took the shot and made a disgusted face when the tequila went down her throat.

“Ok, ok, go into detail,” Kris Letang yelled as he sat up on the couch and smirked towards her.

“It’s a long story,” Jen laughed.

“Ok, I don’t believe it!” James said.

“Oh no, she did it,” I looked up and saw Beau walking over.

“She told you didn’t she?!” Jen yelled and Beau laughed and nodded his head and sat down behind Jen.

“No way! You really did it?!” Jeff Skinner yelled, “Was the other girl hot?!”

I shoved his shoulder and glared at him and then looked towards Jen who was looking back towards Beau.

“Leah went into great detail when telling us,” Beau laughed and wrapped his arms around Jen’s waist and I looked at Eric to see him smirking and shaking his head.

“Leah, Leah, Leah, where have I heard that name before?” Kris asked as he rubbed his forehead. He shot up and smirked, “That Jayson kid’s girlfriend!”

“Yeah, Jayson Megna,” Beau said and Kris smirked.

“Damn! Didn’t she say she was like Miss- What state was it?” he said and then shook his head, “She’s hot though!”

“Puck bunny material?” Jiri Tlusty asked and Kris nodded his head.

-Jennifer-
I figured that it was going to get out one way or another, and I hated the fact that I didn’t like to cheat at games. The guys busted me for the rest of the night; most of them were too drunk and were probably going to forget in the morning. I think Jordan was made at me though, Eric and Jared didn’t seem to care, kept on saying that they didn’t think that I had it in me, but Jordan wasn’t talking to me.

“I’m too tipsy to drive home,” I said as Beau and I walked up the stairs and to the guest bedroom in Jordan’s house.

“You and me both,” Beau laughed as he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my neck as I opened the door and saw that Heather had gotten the bedroom ready for us.

“What time’s your flight?”

“One,” he said and I sighed, “Coach said that we had to be at the hotel at eleven.”

“All right, I’ll set the alarm for nine thirty,” I said and Beau nodded his head.

I walked into the room and he closed the door. It was just after two in the morning when we went to bed. I had taken my heels off when I got to Jordan’s house; they were somewhere downstairs in the mess of drunk hockey players. I set the alarm on my phone and then turned back towards Beau to see him taking his button up shirt off. I smirked and walked over towards him and kissed his cheek.

“You’re not mad?” I asked and he looked at me confused.

“About what?”

“Leah and I-“ he laughed and then pressed his lips against mine.

“She told us why,” he said and then sat on the bed and pulled me onto his lap, “You’ve really never had a boyfriend before me?”

“Nope,” I said and then shifted in his lap so that I was facing him and my legs were on each side of him, “Never kissed a guy other than you.”

“Too bad I’m not your first kiss,” he teased and I scoffed and shook my head, “How was it-“

“I’m not getting into this with you-“

“Aw come on,” he whined and I laughed and tried to get off of his lap, but he held me down, “Please.”

“It was weird!” I said and then shook my head.

“Pretty hot though,” Beau said and I scoffed and pushed him back onto the bed and laid on top of him, “You do realize that I have to be up in seven hours?”

“Yeah.”

“Are you going to let me get any sleep?” he smirked and sat up and straddled his waist grabbing the end of my party dress and pulling it over my head and tossed it to the ground, “Guess not.”