Hurricane Jenny

020:

Chapter Twenty
"Damn," I muttered as I tried to move my shoulder but it hurt more than it did before.

"You might have torn something," Jesse, the trainer said as he moved his hand over my shoulder, "On a scale of one to ten."

"About a seven, maybe eight. I'm not in dire pain, but it's uncomfortable," I said and Jesse sighed and then pushed down on my shoulder and I gasped and bent my shoulder away from him.

"Well that's not good," he muttered and I shot a look at him.

"It doesn't help when you push on it," I growled and then groaned and placed my hand on my shoulder.

"What did you do again? Did you hit the post?"

"I think so, I can't remember," I mutter staring at the ground.

"How's our little goalie?!" I heard and looked up to see Eric walking into the room.

"She might be out a few games," Jesse said and I rubbed my face, "I'm not sure yet, but it might be a torn-"

"I'm fine, just clear me already," I said as I hopped off of the table and grabbed my shirt because I had to take it off for Jesse to look at my shoulder, thanking that I wore a sports bra today.

"Jenny, if you're not ready-"

"I'm fine, Eric," I growled and he looked at me sadly, "Don't look at me like that!"

"Jen, how 'bout you get an x-ray for that and I'll see what we have going there," Jesse said and I sighed, "You never know, it might just be a sprain, or nothing."

I sighed and then nodded my head, "Fine."

"All right, I'll call the center and you can head over there later," he said and I nodded my head.

"Thanks," I said and then left the room, hearing Eric following behind me.

"You want me to come with you?" he asked and I sighed and shook my head, "Come on Jenny, you should have someone-"

"I'm fine, Eric," I said and then left the arena and headed over towards my Jeep.

"Jen," he said sternly and then pulled my out of the car when I went to hop in, "Hey, look at me," I sighed and looked at him and he pulled my into a hug, "It's gunna be all right, but you have to prepare for the worst."

"Wait to make me feel better, Eric," I said and then pulled away from him.

"Hey, let me come with you," he said and I sighed and nodded my head, "Good."

Eric ran over towards the passenger side and hopped into the seat. I pulled out of my parking spot and then made my way over towards the health center across town. I was surprise when they weren't busy, because usually the place was crawling with athletes from any age.

I checked myself in and Eric and I waited in the waiting room for my name to be called. Jordan called me, but I ignored it, I didn't feel like talking to anyone, I just wanted to know if I was going to be able to play.

"Jordan's calling me," Eric said as he held up his phone to see Jordan's name flashing across the middle.

"I don't want to talk, I already hung up on him," I said and Eric nodded his head and ignored the call.

"It'll be all right, Jenny," he said as he patted m knee and I looked up to see a nurse coming over.

"Jennifer," the woman called and I stood up and followed her, giving one last look towards Eric before I disappeared.

-Eric-
"What do you mean she's going to be out a few games?! I thought Coach was going to put Ellis in the net two or three times and then she'd be back, why isn't she coming back?!"

"Jordan calm down, her shoulder still hurts from when Chara slammed into her. Jesse said that something might be torn. We're at the center now, she's getting an x-ray done," I said as I pressed the phone closer to my ear.

"Well is she gunna be all right?"

"I don't know yet, she doesn't know yet! She hasn't come back out yet," I said and Jordan sighed.

"Man, I'm so pissed I could kill him," Jordan growled and I sighed and shook my head.

"Calm down, it was an accident, he even helped her up," I said and Jordan growled, "I'll talk to you later."

"Call me when you know what's going on!" he said and I smirked.

"All right," I said and then hung up the phone and went back to playing my Temple Run game while waiting for Jen to come back out.

-Jennifer-
"So how does it look?" I asked as I threw my shirt back on and looked at the nurse.

"It looks good, you avoided a torn ligament, it's just heavily bruise, you're lucky," she explained and then smiled towards me, "You're going to be sore for at least another week, so I suggest no hockey, ice it a lot and try not to strain yourself."

"All right," I said and she then gave me a file.

"Give this to your trainer," she said and I nodded my head, "Remember, don't strain it, ice it, and no hockey!"

"For a week?"

"For at least a week," she said and then tapped the file, "My notes are in here, don't forget to give them to your trainer."

"All right," I said and then lazily waved to her as she walked out of the room and I slid off of the bed and grabbed my jacket, '...I'm probably gunna be brought back down for this one...'

I walked out of the office and made my way back to the waiting room where I found Eric playing a game on his phone and looking like he was getting frustrated with it. I giggled and walked over towards him and kicked his shoe.

"You ready?" I asked and he looked up towards me and nodded his head.

"How is it?"

"Bruised, close to sprained, no hockey for at least a week," I said and he stood up.

"At least it's not torn, you could have been out for longer than a week," he said and I nodded my head, "Jordan called again, he wants you to call him."

"I'll call him when I get home," I said and Eric scoffed.

"No you won't."

"You're right," I smirked as we walked back over towards my jeep, "Let him sweat it out."

"That's harsh, Jen!" Eric laughed and I smirked and rolled my eyes.

I drove Eric back to the arena so that he could get his car and then went back to my parents' house and found Jordan's car in the driveway. I sighed and shook my head, '...Knew he wouldn't be able to stay away...'

I parked my jeep and then got out and walked over towards the house, thinking that I might be able to sneak in.

I opened the front door slowly and then carefully walked in and headed over towards the stairs. I looked down the hallway to see that my mom had her back to me and was holding Candy. She was talking to someone, and it sounded like Jordan and Heather.

Candy must have heard me or smelled me because she was fighting to get out of my mom's arms, "All right, all right, calm down," mom laughed and then placed Candy on the ground.

I cursed when I heard a chair sliding on the floor and then heard Jordan's voice, "I wonder if Jen's home yet."

"Oh will you leave your sister alone!" mom yelled and I looked to see Candy trotting towards me, wagging her tail, "You boys are always pestering her, leave her be."

"Ma!"

"Don't 'Ma' me, Jordan! You might be her favorite, but there's only so much that she can take from you boys!" I heard mom yell and sighed and kind of gave Candy a push up the stairs and I followed behind her.

"Jen?" I heard and looked up the stairs to see my dad standing at the top.

"Shh," I said as I crept up the stairs and snuck passed my dad, "I'm not here."

"All right," he laughed and then headed down the stairs and I walked into my room to see Candy already on my bed.

"Hey pretty girl," I smiled then laid on the bed with her, "Let's take a nap."