Hurricane Jenny

021:

Chapter Twenty One
"You're back! How do you feel?" Dan Ellis said as I walked into the locker room and over towards my locker.

"Better, I guess resting it for a week helps," I laughed and grabbed my gear.

"Gee, imagine that!" Jeff Skinner laughed as he walked over and nudged his elbow into my arm.

"Shut up!" I smirked and then started to get changed into my practice clothes.

Today was an optional practice, so some of the guys weren't here, I needed to come because I haven't been on the ice in almost a week, trying to heal my shoulder.

I got a call from Beau yesterday saying that he was able to come down to visit next week because he had a few days off since he was dropped back to the AHL. I was excited to see him, I haven't in almost a month, this relationship was definitely hard, and it definitely required a lot of trust. We both liked each other a lot, it was kind of scary at how much I liked him.

Practice was only for about two hours, most of the time the guys shot the puck at me and I worked my muscles out to get use to everything again. At the end, I showered and changed and then walked into the trainer's office where I was greeted by my trainer from the Checkers.

"Jess! Hey!" I smiled and she waved, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to assist," she said and I laughed and nodded my head, "They filled me in about your shoulder, how does it feel?"

"A little sore, but better than before," I said and she nodded her head and patted the bed.

"Let me see if I can work out the kinks," she said and I smirked and nodded my head, taking my shirt off and showing off my black sports bra, and then laying on the bed.

-Eric-
"So Jen was pretty good at practice today," I said and dad smirked.

"Good, I know she was pretty upset at the fact that her shoulder was hurt," he said and I nodded my head.

"Have you heard from Jared?" I asked and dad shook his head, "I think I'm gunna go visit him, he's probably pretty lonely without Jen with him."

"I think that's probably best, take Jordan with you, you boys haven't spent time with him in a while," dad said and I nodded my head and then stood up and stretched, "Did Jen stay longer?"

"She's with her trainer now, when I left her she was getting a much needed massage," I chuckled and dad smirked.

"I'm sure she's pretty happy now," he said and I nodded my head.

"I'll see ya dad, long drive to Charlotte," I said and dad waved and I walked out of the door, calling Jordan up and telling him that we were going on a little road trip.

I wasn't surprised when Jordan whined about going down to visit our baby brother. I just shook it off and turned the music up as we got onto the highway and made our way to our brother's house.

-Jennifer-
"Wow, this feels so good," I laughed as I sunk into the hot tub in my parents' backyard. I heard metal clinking together and turned my head to see Candy walking over towards me, "Hi, pretty girl."

"Jen!" I heard and then tilted my head towards the house.

"Out back!" I yelled and then saw Heather appear in the doorway, "Hey, what's up?!"

"Do you know where Jordan went? He's been gone for a while and he didn't leave a note," she said and then walked over towards the hot tub and leaned against the banister.

"No sorry, I just got home from the rink a little while ago and came right in here," I said and she sighed, "Did you tried calling him?"

"Yeah, he didn't answer," she said and then shook her head, looking frustrated, "He's always doing this!"

"Yeah, he's always done this," I laughed nervously, "Why don't you join me? We can bitch about my brother together."

She smirked and then took her shoes off and rolled up her pants, sticking her feet into the hot tub, "I even called Tanya and she said that Eric's not home either."

"Huh, wonder where they went," I said and then saw Heather start to pet Candy, "I'm sure they went to the bar or something."

"This early in the afternoon?" she asked looking at me strangely.

"Yeah, I didn't believe it when it came out too," I scoffed and then looked over towards my phone to see that it was a little after two, "Let me call him."

-Jordan-
"Squirt's calling me again," I said as I looked at my phone.

"So then answer it, I don't understand why you're not answering your phone, we're only going to see Jared, it's not like we're going to s strip club," Eric said and I sighed.

"She's gunna be pissed at us that we went to see him without her," I said and Eric smirked.

"Just call her back, and ya might as well call Heather too!" Eric said and I smirked and nodded my head.

I dialed my wife's number and then placed the phone to my ear, she answered on the second ring, "Hey-"

"Where have you been?!" she growled.

'...Uh oh, angry wife, abort mission, abort mission...'

"Jordan? Hello!"

"Baby," I said trying to sound cool, epic fail.

"Don't 'baby' me! No note! You don't answer your phone! You could be hurt and I wouldn't know!" she yelled into the phone and I sighed.

"I'm sorry, Eric and I are heading over to see Jared, we haven't seen our brother in a while," I said and then heard her talking to someone, "Heather?"

"You went to see Jared?" she asked and I then heard an angry 'what', "I think you pissed your sister off."

"You're with Jen?" I asked and looked at Jared.

"Yeah, I thought you were over your parents' hous- Hold on, Jen wants to talk!"

"Wait, Heather! No! Don't-"

"Why the hell are you going to see Jared without me?!" Jen yelled into the phone and I had to pull it away because she hurt my ears, "Jordan!"

I looked around the car and grabbed a piece of paper and crumbled it up against the phone, "I'm- Can't- Sorry- Tunnel-"

"Jordan Lee Staal! There are no tunnels!"

"Gotta go!" I said and then hung up the phone and looked at Eric, "That is why I didn't answer the phone."

"She used your middle name, you royally pissed her off," Eric chuckled.

"This was your idea!" I yelled and he shrugged his shoulders.

"She called you, not me," he said and I sighed and shook my head.

We pulled onto Jared's street and pulled into his driveway, "Been a while since I've been here," I said and Eric nodded his head, "Hope he's home."

"He probably is, he shouldn't have practice, and he's not on the road," Eric said as we walked up to the door and knocked.

Nothing.

"Try again," I said and Eric nodded his head and knocked again and I rang the doorbell, "Well this was fun," I muttered and then placed my hand on the knob and found the door to be unlocked.

"Jared!" Eric called as I opened the door and we looked in to see that the place was a mess, "Who the hell lives here?"

"Looks like he threw a party," I said and then pushed past my brother and walked into the house.

I made a disgusted face as I looked around at the pizza boxes, beer cans, junk food, garbage everywhere. I walked down the hallway towards his room while Eric walked off somewhere. When I got to his room I saw clothes thrown all over the place and a lump on the bed.

I rolled my eyes and walked over towards the bed, '...Even my house in Pittsburgh was never this dirty...' I thought as sighed and turned the lights on and heard Jared groan, "Get up."

Jared rolled over and looked at me, and then rolled back over, "Go away."

"You're living in a pig pen, get your ass up," I said and gave me the finger, "Asshole, I see your life turned to shit when Jen moved."

"Yeah, thanks for taking her."

"Not like it was my idea," I said and then turned and signaled Eric to come down.

"Jared, what the hell man, your place is disgusting!" Eric barked and Jared just shrugged his shoulders, too hung over to care.

'...So much for a nice little visit...'