Hurricane Jenny

022:

Chapter Twenty Two
-Jennifer-
'...The nerve of those assholes! Leavin' without me!...' I growled as I showered and got dressed to see my mom sitting in my room, "What's up mom?"

"So Jordan and Eric called," she said and I snapped my head towards her.

"Yeah, those jerks went to see Jared without me!" I yelled and she sighed, '...Something's wrong...' I thought as I threw a shit of and looked at her concerned, "What's wrong?"

"I don't know if your brother's lost without you, or if- I don't know," she said and rubber her face, "Eric says that the house is disgusting, Jordan even found a mouse."

"What?" I asked confused, "That doesn't sound like Jared!"

"He apparently has been hosting a lot of parties," Mom said and I sighed and shook my head and then walked over towards my dresser and grabbed my car keys, "Where are you going?"

"To Charlotte," I said and out my door and down the stairs.

"Is that the best idea?"

"Jordan and Eric are there! He's my brother too! And I can pick up more clothes and stuff," I said and mom sighed.

"You have an off day tomorrow?" she asked and I nodded my head, "All right, tell Jared I want him to call me."

"Sure thing," I said as I walked over towards her, kissed her cheek and then left the house.

-Eric-
"Mom says that Jen's on her way," I said as I hung up my phone and looked over towards Jordan to see him picking up garbage from the living room.

"Great, she's gunna come down her and yell at me for leavin' her," he said and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I think it's more for Jared, mom told her," I said and Jordan sighed.

"Where is the little shit?" he asked and I sighed and pointed down the hall.

"I made him take a shower, he smelled like booze," I said and Jordan nodded his head.

"That's what happens when you host a party and it gets out of control," Jordan said and I nodded my head, sweeping up the dining room.

-Jordan-
"She's here," I said as I heard a car pull up, "She's throwin' her arms around and grittin' her teeth."

"She's pissed," Eric said and I nodded my head and turned away from the window as she got closer to the house. The front door flew open and Eric and turned to see Jen storming inside, door left opened. We watched as she walked right past us and down the hall towards Jared's bedroom, "Hello to you too."

Eric and I flinched when we heard Jared's bedroom door slam against the wall and Jared yelled, "What the hell?!"

"Yo, big bro, time for you to ref," I said to Eric and he scoffed.

"Like I want to get in-between them," he said and I snorted and then peaked my head down the hallway, hearing Jen yell at Jared about being irresponsible, "You sure that she's the youngest of us?"

"Naw, maybe mentally older than Jared."

"And you," Eric laughed and I shot him a glare.

"Bitch please, I'm just awesome!" I laughed and Eric snorted and shook his head, both going back to cleaning and waiting for the moment that we had to go in and rescue our younger brother from our younger sister.

-Jennifer-
"What were you thinking?!" I growled as Jared sat on the bed, wearing only basketball shorts and staring at the ground, "Jared! Hello!"

"Just go away, Jen, I don't want to hear it," he muttered and I glared at him.

"Well too bad! This is my house too! Our name is both on the deed!" I growled and grabbed his face to look at him, "Why are you acting like this?!"

"Because you left! You all left!"

"You all left me! Remember?!" I said and then pushed his face back and I took a step back and shook my head, "You all left me in Canada, YOU left me to go to Providence! You didn't see me acting like this!"

"Oh no, not perfect little Jennifer, she would never put herself in that position," Jared glared and I matched his glare, "Go screw off, Jen, leave me alone-"

"Why you little-"

"All righty then! That's enough you too!" I heard Jordan said as he and Eric walked into the room. Eric stepped between us and I felt Jordan's arms around my waist, holding me close to him, "Both of you need to calm down."

I growled and pushed out of Jordan's arms and walked out of the room, towards my bedroom to pack some stuff up. But when I walked into my room, I saw that it looked just like the living room, the dining room, the kitchen, the hallway, like the party was moved into my room. My room was always clean, I was a little bit of a neat freak, so when I saw this, I lost it.

"Jared John Staal!" I stormed down the hallway and into his room, right past my brothers and punched Jared right in the face.

"Whoa there slugger!" Eric said as he grabbed me, pulling me off of Jared.

"Go see my room!" I yelled, looking at Eric.

"What?"

"Go see my room!" I repeated and he sighed and then handed me over towards Jordan and walked out of the room and down the hall.

I glared at Jared the whole time, he had his hand over his cheek, close to his eye, '...Hope I gave him a black eye...'

"Wow," Eric said as he walked back into Jared's room, "What's the matter with you?! Mom and dad didn't raise you to be like this!"

I felt Jordan pull me out of the room and we walked down the hallway towards my room. I had a hard time walking into the room, I felt utterly disgusted.

"His buddy's really did a number in here," Jordan said as he looked around.

Broken picture frames, clothes scattered all over the place, beer cans, some not even empty, "Why would he do this?"

"I don't know squirt, maybe he's not thinkin' straight," Jordan said as he walked over towards me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder as I started at the broken picture frame that held a picture of all five Staal siblings, "Come on, let's get cleaning."

"It's a good thing that we have an off day tomorrow," I said and he nodded his head, pulling away from me and walking into the hallway to head down towards the kitchen to grab some cleaning supplies. I heard my phone going off in my back pocket and pulled it out to see that Beau was calling me, '...Sorry Beau...' I thought as I hit decline, '...I'm not in the mood to talk...'

-Beau-
"She didn't answer," I said sadly as I pulled the phone away from my ear.

"Man you're pathetic, you're like a love sick puppy!" Jayson teased as we walked into our hotel room.

"Shut up! I really like her!" I said and he laughed and threw his bag on the bed.

"I can tell, dude, we can all tell!" he laughed and I rolled my eyes and collapsed onto my bed.

I was brought back down to the AHL a few days ago, all of the players were healthy again, so I wasn't needed. I was actually starting to get use to being in Pittsburgh, I liked everyone, I liked the fact that I got the chance to see Jen too, at least when we played against her.

Now we're in Chicago, playing an away game against the Wolves tonight. There was a knock at our door, Jayson answered it and some of the guys walked in.

"What's up?"

"Your girl is Staal sister, right?" Zach Sill asked and I nodded my head, smirking with finally saying that we were actually something, "Check this out."

The guys turned on the TV and changed it to the ESPN channel where I found the two anchormen talking about Jen, showing clips from past games, both Checkers and Hurricanes. They were saying that she was incredible, never have they seen anyone as fast, as valuable as her. They were surprised that she was only a replacement. They started to talk about her hit from Zdeno Chara against the Bruins two weeks ago, it hurt me even watching it. When the men said that Jen was probably going to be heading back down to the Checkers next week because Justin Peters was healed and ready to be cleared for contact, I felt a little bad, she wanted her big chance, and she was just going to be turned away since they were finished with her until next time.

'...Well shit...'
A