Hurricane Jenny

024:

Chapter Twenty Four
-Jennifer-
As I walked down the hallway, I felt like it was going to be my last. I headed towards Coach's office and knocked on the door, it opened to reveal Jim and Coach in the room.

"Hello, Jennifer," Jim Rutherford said and I nodded my head towards him and walked into the room, "Please have a seat."

I sat in front of the desk, Coach in his seat and Jim occupying the chair next to me. The desk was cleaned of all personal items and placed on the filing cabinet next to the desk, all room was replaced with paperwork, lots and lots of paperwork.

"So we want to talk to you about your future," Jim said and I looked at Coach to see him looking at a paper, "We realize that you're very skillful and deserve a shot in the NHL."

"But not with the Hurricanes?" I said, not meaning for it to come out as harsh as it did.

"Correct," he said and I sighed, "Your Coach and I would like to talk to you about your trading contract."

"I watched the news," I stated, seeing the look on both of the men's faces, "I know who's interested in me."

"Well then," Coach said as he sat up and placed the stack of papers on his desk, "I guess the only thing left to do is trade," he looked from me to Jim and then back to me, "Where would you like to go, Jennifer?"

"To Pittsburgh," I said, a smirk on my face.

Coach and Jim scoffed and shook their heads, a smirk on Coach's face as he leaned back in his chair, "Of course it is."

"We'll make arrangements," Jim said and I nodded my head, "You'll know everything by tomorrow morning."

"All right, thank you," I said and then stood up and shook hands with the men.

The meeting lasted about thirty to forty-five minutes, though, it felt longer. I walked out of the arena and headed up, greeted by my brother sitting on the couch watching TV, and Candy sitting on his lap, jumping down as soon as she saw me.

"How'd it go?" Jared asked as he turned the TV off.

"We'll know everything in the morning," I said and then looked at my phone, feeling it buzzing in my back pocket.

"Mom called when you were gone," he said and I nodded my head, "Does she know?"

"So far you and probably the Penguins," I laughed to myself, knowing that Beau had told them that I was probably coming their way.

"You better call them," Jared said and I nodded my head, "Especially Jordan."

"He's calling me now," I said as I saw his name flashing on the screen of my phone, "Hello?"

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!" Jordan yelled into the phone and I had to pull the phone away from my ear and hope that I wasn't going to become deaf.

"Nice to hear from you too, Jordy," I laughed as I walk into the living room and sat on the chair across from Jared.

"Why the hell do I have to find out from Crosby that you're moving to Pittsburgh?!" Jordan yelled, I could hear the hurt and angry feelings in his voice.

"Will you calm down?! I'm not going anywhere yet! I didn't want to say anything until I knew for sure!" I said and then ran my fingers through my hair.

"Why Pittsburgh?!" Jordan asked, well, more like growled.

"Because your general manager is a dumbass and doesn't want me on YOUR team! The team I actually do want to be on," I said, hoping that would calm him down, "But he doesn't want me and I want my full shot at the NHL! I deserve this Jordy!"

"But why Pittsburgh?!" he repeated and I sighed.

"Because I know just about all the guys on the team, it won't be that first awkward meeting," I said and then smirked, "Plus, Beau's there."

Jordan growled and I rolled my eyes, "You're going for a boy?"

"I'm going to have my chance in the NHL! If your freakin' GM would have kept me, then this wouldn't be happening!" I yelled and then hung up the phone and threw it over towards Jared, not really trying to aim it at him, it's just where my arm aimed, "Freakin' jerk!"

"What happened?" Jared asked as I stood up and walked over towards the kitchen.

"He's pissed because I chose Pittsburgh," I muttered as I looked through the fridge and found something to eat because I was hungry.

-Jordan-
I cursed as I shook my head and threw my phone onto the kitchen counter.

"Smooth Jordan, real smooth," Eric said and I glared at him and then rubbed my face, "So what are we going to do?"

I shook my head, looking from my parents, to my brother, to my phone and then to my car keys. I grabbed the keys and the phone and then stormed out of the kitchen, hearing my parents and brother calling my name. I jumped into my truck and then heard the passenger door open, looking over I saw my brother.

"You think I'm gunna let you go alone? Screw things up more?" Eric said and I scoffed and turned the truck on, "We have practice tomorrow."

"Family emergency," I muttered before pulling out of the drive way of my parents' home and heading to Charlotte.

-Beau-
"Dude, will you calm down," Tyler laughed as I was still doing back flips in the locker room.

"I'm sorry, but I'm so excited to see her," I smiled brightly and the guys chuckled and shook their heads.

"Dude, I can taste the cup in our hands now!" Brandon Sutter said and we all smirked.

"So who's gunna tell Thiessen that he's going back to Wilkes-Barre?" Pascal asked and Sidney smirked.

"Boy, this conversation sounds familiar," he said and I was confused.

Coach walked into the locker room and everyone stared at him, waiting for him to give us the news about our new goaltender. He looked at us confused and looked a little awkward too, "Why are you all staring at me like I'm fresh meat?"

"You don't know?" Geno asked and he was confused, "Coach not know."

"Not know what?" Coach asked and I smirked, just thinking about her brought a smile to my face.

"Jenny wants to be traded here," I said as I threw my shirt on, after working out for a while, we skated and then showered.

"Jenny? Jennifer?" he asked and I nodded my head, "As in Jennifer Staal?"

"Yeah," Sidney said and Coach smirked.

"I didn't hear about it, need to talk to Ray," Coach said and then walked out of the room, we all laughed though when we heard him cheer outside in the hall, probably thinking that we wouldn't be able to hear him.

"So what are you gunna do first when you see her, Bennett?" Kris asked as he threw his hat on his head.

All eyes seemed to be on mine and I felt the heat rush to my face, "I'm not sure, I haven't seen her in a few weeks."

"She's pretty hot, I wouldn't let her out of your sights," James said and I sighed and nodded my head.

"If she is traded, she's only going to have a short term contract, probably won't even brought back down to the AHL," I said and the guys nodded their heads, "No one is going to make the same mistake as the Hurricanes' GM."

"That's for sure," Marc said and I threw my sneakers on.

"You forget, I'm still just a temp, I can go back down any minute now," I said and the guys sighed.

Tyler patted my shoulder, "We'll be sure to take good care of her," she smirked, "I have an extra bedroom, even some extra space in my bed."

"DUDE!" I growled and showed him. Everyone was laughing and I scoffed and shook my head.

"She'll probably stay in Staalsy's only condo, I'm pretty sure he still owns it," Sidney said and I looked up at him with hopeful eyes.

"Eh, as long as she's here, I don't care where she stays," I said and then instantly regretted it.

"So she can sleep with me?" Tyler asked and I shoved his shoulder again, "You said you didn't care!"

"Not what I meant!" I said and the guys were smirking.

Coach walked back into the locker room with Penguins' general manager behind him. Coach smirked and then turned to Ray Shero, "Boys, we might as well roll the red carpet out, Jennifer Staal will be here in two days."

We all cheered and the guys were patting my back because I was so excited to see her. Sidney asked who we traded for her, and they mentioned that Brain was going back down, someone that the Hurricanes had traded with us for Jordan, and then Coach looked at me.

"Bennett, pack your bags, you're a Hurricane."

"WHAT?!" I asked wide eyed, '...NO FUCKING WAY!!!...'