Hurricane Jenny

025:

Chapter Twenty Five
"Whoa, whoa, whoa, Ray come on-" Sidney started but Coach smirked and turned back to Ray.

"I told you that would set him off," Coach laughed and Ray smirked, "We're just messing with ya Bennett."

My eyes were still wide, when he said it was a joke, I let out a huge sigh of relief and practically collapsed to my seat. I held my face and ran my hands through my hair, taking a deep breath and shaking my head. I chuckled and then looked up to see everyone looking at me, "Good one, Coach."

"So who's really going?" Tyler asked.

"Collins," Ray said and I nodded my head.

'...Two AHL players for an outstanding goalie, something tells me that that wasn't a fair trade. Oh well, we're getting the better end of the deal...'

"You feel better, Bennett? Are ya still with us?" Coach asked, chuckling from the prank that he just pulled.

"I'll be fine," I managed to muster out and then rubbed the back of my neck.

-Jennifer-
"So you're gunna drive up?" Jared asked and I nodded my head.

Jordan, Eric, mom, dad and Jared were helping me pack everything up and put it into my jeep. Eric and Jordan were going to skip practice tomorrow and come up with me because the day after that, they played in Philadelphia, so they would just fly or rent a car from there.

I was going to be living in Jordan's old condo, I didn't even realize that he still owned it. Eric and Jordan were going to help me set up the place, or at least do what they can since they only had a few hours to help be before they needed to be in Philadelphia.

"Bye baby!" mom said as she walked over towards me and hugged my tight, "You call me as soon as you get there."

"I will, promise," I smiled and then moved onto my dad.

"You ready to make a name for yourself?" he asked and I smiled brightly and nodded my head, "Good, now you just focus on hockey, none of that boy stuff- If I so much as-"

"Dad," I kissed his cheek, "I'm not Jordan."

"Hey!" Jordan yelled and I giggled and moved onto Jared who was holding Candy.

"Grew attached to her, didn't ya?" I laughed and Jared rolled his eyes and handed my dog to me, "I'll miss you."

"Same," he said and then wrapped his arms around my neck and pulled my into a deep hug, "I love you Jen, kick ass with the Penguins."

"I will, no doubt in my mind, I will," I smiled and then patted his cheek and walked towards the drivers' side of the jeep and hopped in, placing Candy in the backseat with Eric because Jordan was sitting in the passenger.

Eric got the GPS ready and then handed it to Jordan who attached it to my window. We were going to take turns driving, it took about seven hours or so to get to Pittsburgh from Charlotte, so we were all going to take turns driving. I made sure to text Beau letting him know that we were on our way, but he wouldn't be there when I arrived, none of them would be. The Penguins were up in Canada getting ready to play the Senators tonight and apparently it was going to be an interesting game.

-Jordan-
I looked at my sister asleep in the back seat with her dog laying in-between her legs that were curled up onto the seat and smirked. I was happy that she was getting the opportunity of a lifetime and officially becoming a part of the NHL. I looked over towards Eric who was driving and then looked towards the late night dark sky highway to see the Pittsburgh sign appear.

"I forgot about the tunnel," Eric muttered and I looked ahead of us to see that the Fort Pitt tunnel, "Good thing she's not driving."

"Yeah, she'd have her four ways on and going five miles an hour," I laughed and then looked at her again in the back seat.

For the longest time, Jen's hated tunnels and bridges. At least when she's going over a bridge she tells herself not to look down, afraid to drive right off of it, but for a tunnel, she was always afraid that it would collapse with her inside. So what does she do, instead of speeding up to get the hell out of the tunnel, she becomes a turtle and holds up traffic.

"Remember when we were driving to New York to visit Marc and she was driving-"

"Yeah, she had to pull over and let one of us drive because she couldn't do it," I said and Eric nodded his head.

We went through the tunnel and I sighed and looked back at her for a third time in like ten minutes. Eric chuckled and then nudged his elbow into my arm, "Stop worrying."

"I'm not."

"You are," he said and I sighed, "I'm gunna miss her too, but this is something she needs to do."

"We're never gunna make it to the playoffs," I said and Eric laughed and shook his head.

"No, I wouldn't say that," he smirked, "Maybe not win against her, but, I don't know- You never know."

-Eric-
Jordan gave me the directions to his old condo, I think everyone was surprised that he still had it, including Jordan. I pulled into the parking lot and Jordan fished for his keys in his pocket as I turned around and shook Jen a little.

"Hey, sleeping beauty, wake up!" I said and Jen moaned and turned in her seat, "We're here."

"We are? Already?"

"You slept much of the way," Jordan chuckled as he opened the door and the light inside the car turned up, blinding Jen.

"What time is your flight tomorrow?" Jen asked as she sat up and stretched.

"One," I said and then got out after grabbing the GPS and all of the garbage.

"What time is it?"

"Nine," Jordan said and Jen nodded her head.

It took about an hour, but one by one, the three of us gathered up all of Jen's belongings in the jeep and walked inside the nice building towards the elevator. Jordan's condo, well I guess it's Jen's now, was on the twenty-fifth floor. Jen smiled as she walked in and saw that the furniture was still there, everything was there except electrical appliances. All of the couches, chairs, tables and mirrors had tarps or plastic wrap over them, keeping them clean in any way that they could.

"So basically all I need to get is appliances and a new mattress- No, just go with new bed."

"Why?" I asked and Jen nudged her head towards Jordan.

"Who knows who he brought home with him," she laughed and I smirked and shook my head.

"Heather was here, thank you very much," Jordan said as he placed the boxes on the floor and we went back down for some more.

-Jennifer-
"Thank you so much for everything!" I smiled brightly as I hugged my brothers and then kissed their cheeks, "I'm going to miss you guys."

"We'll miss you too, Jen," Eric said and then hugged my tight.

When Eric pulled away I looked at Jordan and saw him looking around, trying to hide that he was a little upset about me leaving, "Hey Gronk."

"I haven't heard that name in a while," he smirked and I nodded my head and wrapped my arms around his waist and laid my head on his chest, "I love you, squirt."

"Love you too."

"Be good in Pittsburgh," he said and kissed my head, "Give 'em hell."

"Always," I smiled and then watched as my brothers walked towards the security check point and towards their gate.

When I got back to the condo, I got a text from Beau saying that they were getting ready to board the plane and leave Ottawa. I told him that I was here and ready for some strong tough manly players to help me set my condo up, deciding that I was going to go to the stores and pick out TV and color designs and things to make my new home an actually home.

By the time I had finished shopping, I was starving, so I went grocery shopping. As I got home, accepting the help of the doorman, we brought all of our things to my condo and I heard my phone go off.

"Thank you for your help," I smiled brightly and then gave him a twenty because we had to make three trips.

"Thank you," he said softly and then left the condo just in time for me to answer my phone.

"Hello?"

"Jennifer! Ray Shero here, just wondering if you made it to our fine city?"

"Yes, I'm here."

"Wonderful, would you like to come in so we can sign some papers and you can meet some people?"
"Sure, I'll be there soon," I said and then laughed a little, "I'll try not to get lost."

"I understand, it's a big city, you'll be fine."

I made it to the Consol in about forty-five minutes, and it took me a while to figure out where to park. With the help of some staff, I found the parking lot that was especially for players and made my way into the arena.

There was a man wearing a Penguins logo jacket waiting for me at the door, "Jennifer, hi, Ray Shero."

"Nice to meet you."

"Nice to finally meet you in person," he laughed, "Welcome to Pittsburgh!"

The End

See how Jennifer's life in Pittsburgh turns out in the sequel 'Hurricanes in Pittsburgh?'