Hurricane Jenny

003:

Chapter Three
“Back off Crosby! If she’s gunna go on anyone’s team it’s mine!” Eric barked and I blinked my eye so confused and looked back between the two Captains.

“Dude, no way! She’s on ours, end of story, sorry Eric, no!” Jordan said joining the argument and I smirked and shook my head.

“I love how they’re fighting over me and I have no idea what they’re fighting about,” I laughed as I looked at Marc.

“If you were to be brought up to the NHL, they’re saying what team you would be on,” he said and I scratched my head.

“Oh, um, wow, all right,” I laughed and he nodded my heads.

“Penguins!” Jordan barked and Eric stood up.

“Hurricanes!”

“Um, how ‘bout-“ I started but was completely ignored.

“Dude, what the hell, what makes you think that she would chose the Hurricanes?! You guys totally suck!” Jordan argued and I looked back and forth between my brothers.

“Guys,” I called but nothing, “Guys!” I yelled still nothing, I sighed as I looked back and forth between my brothers.

“Don’t they realize that you need to be draft by the league first,” Jared growled next to me and I looked to see that he was shaking his head, “I’m gunna head home, you have a ride?” he asked and I nodded my head.

“Yeah, I’ll take a cab.”

“All right, see ya.”

“Bye,” I muttered and then watched as Jared left, annoyed because he was clearly being ignored. I stood up and looked at the two of my brothers and then at the team around them to see that they were watching these two go at it with highly amused faces, “Idiots,” I muttered as I walked up to them and smacked the back of their heads.

“What? Ow!” they yelled and then held the backs of their heads.

“I don’t want to be on either one of your teams if I get drafted into the NHL!” I yelled and then saw the shocked look on their faces, “Geez, how ‘bout ask what I think before you fight over me!”

“Sorry,” they muttered and I sat back down at my seat and took a gulp of my water.

“So where would you go?” Sidney asked as he took a swig of his beer.

“I was looking at the Blackhawks,” I smiled and heard my brothers scoff, “Maybe the Avalanches’.”

“Oh god!” Eric said and I laughed as he laid his head on the table.

“Maybe the Flyers,” I teased and laughed when I saw Jordan’s shocked face, “Your face!” I laughed hard and then wiped the tears from my eyes.

“That’s not funny, Jen!” Jordan yelled and I stuck my tongue out at him, “Hey, where’d Jared go?”

“He left a little while ago,” I said and Jordan sighed.

“I didn’t even realize he left,” he said and I nodded my head.

“Guess we should be heading back before Coach calls us,” Sidney said and the guys nodded their heads and stood up from their seats.

“I got you,” Eric said as he took his wallet down and threw some money on the table.

“I could have gotten it,” I whined and he smirked and kissed my head.

“I got it,” he said and I shook my head.

“If you’re trying to bribe her-“ Jordan started but I grabbed a fry from my plate and threw it at him, “Did you just-“

“Yeah, I did, whatchya gunna do about it?!” I laughed and then stuck my tongue at him again.

“All right guys, let’s head out,” Marc said as he yawned and stretched his arms, “It’s a three hour ride back to Raleigh.”

“All right, all right,” Jordan said and I walked over towards him and wrapped my arms around his chest and he laughed and wrapped his arm around my neck and started to rub his knuckles on my head.

“OW! Jerk! That hurt! And you messed up my hair!” I whined and the guys laughed, “Hey, how did you guys get here on time? Your probably didn’t get out of the arena and back to the hotel until what, four-four thirty?”

“Four,” Sidney answered and the guys laughed, “Jordan drove.”

“Ah, enough explanation there. I hope you all said your prayers,” I busted and Jordan playfully shoved my shoulder.

“Hey! My driving is not bad!”

“Well it’s not good either,” Marc said and I laughed harder and leaned up against Sidney.

“Hey, how are you getting home, Jen?” Sidney asked and everyone looked at me, “Your ride left you.”

“It’s no big deal; I’ll catch a cab, not like I haven’t done it before.”

“Shut up and get in the car,” Eric ordered and I looked at him like he was crazy, “Come on, these guys have an early flight, I don’t have anything tomorrow, only makes sense for them to leave now.”

I sighed and nodded my head and then turned back towards Jordan and wrapped my arms around his waist and laid my head on his chest, “Drive safely, don’t let Max drive,” I muttered and Jordan chuckled and I heard Max yell a ‘hey’.

“Congrats on the win tonight, squirt, tell Jared I said bye,” he said and then pulled back and pulled down on my one braid with a smirk on his face.

“Leave my hair alone!” I whined and he laughed and then kissed my head.

“See ya squirt!”

“Bye!” I waved and then one by one his teammates hugged me and got into one of the two Suburban’s and headed out, leaving the restaurant that we decided to get some food at after the game, behind.

“You ready?” Eric asked as I looked back to see that he had his arm around his wife’s waist and I smiled and nodded my head.

“Tanya, you’ve been quiet this whole night,” I smiled as I walked next to her.

“Hard to get a word in when everyone’s talking about you,” she smiled and I winced a little bit because I could hear the irritation in her voice.

‘…It’s not like I physically hold up a sign and say ‘Talk About Me’!...’ I thought as I hopped into the backseat of Eric’s car and he drove towards Jared and my home.

-Jordan-
“Staalsy, we have to talk to Ray about getting her on the team,” Sidney said from the passenger said as he looked back towards me in the second row, “With her and Fleury, we would be unstoppable!”

“I know man,” I smirked and looked towards Fleury to see that he was smirking.

“You brother fight too!” Geno said and I looked over towards him and sighed.

‘…Broken English at its finest…’ I thought as Max started to bust Geno about not being about to understand him.

“He said, that your brother’s gunna fight for her too!” Pascal Dupuis said from the driver’s seat and I looked at Geno and patted his shoulder.

“Don’t worry about Eric, Jenny loves me best, she’ll totally pick us,” I smirked and saw my teammates smirking.

“So what you’re saying is that, if we get your sister, then we’re gunna send Thiessen back to Wilkes-Barre?” Pascal asked and I smirked and nodded my head, “Ok,” he laughed, “I wanna be there when you tell the kid that.”

“What makes you think it’ll be the kid and not Flower?” Max teased and Marc glared at him, “I’m just playing!”

“Yeah whatever,” Marc said and we all started to laugh.

“One thing I know,” Geno said and we looked at him, “Be big problem if she no come. We no score on her.”

I sighed and nodded my head, “I know man, trust me, I know.”

-Jennifer-
“Riley, what are you doing here?” I asked as I ended my house after my brother dropped me off.

“Your brother invited me over,” he said as I looked at my teammate, Riley Nash, sitting on the couch looking at the TV, “I think he went to the bathroom or something.”

“Oh,” I said and then yawned and walked into the kitchen. I opened the fridge to get a water out and then turned around to see Riley right there, “Jesus, Riley!” I yelled as I jumped back a little, trying to calm my heart down from being scared.

He laughed a little and then scratched the back of his head, “Sorry, I didn’t realize that I still had my ninja self still on,” he said trying to be funny, “Wow that sounded better in my head,” he said sounding embarrassed and I smirked.

“It’s fine,” I said and then patted his shoulder, “I’ll go find my brother for you,” I said as I walked out of the kitchen and headed down the hallway. I walked towards the bathroom and knocked on the door, no response. I sighed and then opened the door to see that it was empty. I walked down towards Jared’s bedroom and slowly opened the door and looked in to see that Jared was passed out on his bed, “Well rude much,” I muttered as I scoffed and shut his door.

I walked back down the hallway and into the living room to see that Riley wasn’t in there, so I walked back towards the kitchen and ended up running into him when I turned the corner.

“Sorry,” we both said and then looked away.

“Uh, he’s actually sleeping,” I said and Riley groaned.

“He picked me up,” he said and I smirked and shook my head.

“You can stay on the couch, I’ll drive you home in the morning,” I said and he nodded his head.

I got some pillows and blankets for Riley and then set him up on the couch since we only had three bedrooms, and all of the storage was in the third bedroom.

“Hey Jen,” Riley called out as I walked out of the living room.

“Yeah.”

“Good game today, you played awesome.”

“Thanks,” I smiled and turned the light off.

“You always play awesome,” he muttered and I looked back towards the room thinking that what he said wasn’t meant to be heard be me.