Hurricane Jenny

004:

Chapter Four
"I can't believe the Penguins traded you, Jordan!" I said as I saw my brother standing in the doorway of my room.

"Eh, it's fine, they got Sutter and Dumoulin now," he said and I smirked and hugged my brother.

"I'm glad you're playing for Carolina!" I smiled then backed up.

"Did you do something different with your hair?" Jordan asked as he picked up one of my signature braids.

"No, OW!" he pulled down on it and then laughed, "You're a married man and you still act like a child!"

"That's why I'm your favorite!" Jordan laughed and then walked into the room and jumped onto my bed.

"Yeah, I'm serious rethinking that whole thing," I laughed and sat on the edge of the bed, "So you've been married for two months now, how does that feel?"

"Different," he said and I looked to see that he was staring at the ceiling, "I like it though."

"That just means that you can't cheat on her anymore with those puck bunnies!" I laughed and Jordan shoved my shoulder.

"I never cheated."

"Uh huh, sure."

"Shut up!"

"That's what I thought!" I teased and then patted his knee, "I like her though, Jordan, don't screw with her."

"I wouldn't have married her if I didn't want to spend my life with her," he said and I smiled.

"God! Jared and I are the only single ones! You, Marc and Eric are married, and freaking Eric has two kids!" I laughed and Jordan smirked.

"You keep your ass single! God the last time I had to chase a guy away, my ass nearly ended up in jail, AGAIN!" I laughed and then laid back, my head laying on his arm.

It's been two years since I graduated high school and started my career in the AHL, playing two seasons with the Charlotte Checkers, and winning the Calder Cup both seasons. I was a little surprised that no one wanted to bring me up into the NHL, Jared thought that it was because I was a girl, the NHL league didn't think that I would be able to handle it.

"So how's life on your own?" Jordan asked and I scoffed.

"Boring, I miss Jared," I sighed and then heard the pitter patter of feet and sat up and smiled, "How's my baby girl?"

"Is that that sad excuse of a dog?" Jordan teased and I gasped and slapped his leg, "Ow!"

"Leave Candy along!" I yelled and then bent down to pick Candy up and placed her on the bed.

"Candy? Why name your dog a stripper name?!"

"You would say that," I scoffed and kissed my dog's head.

During the middle of this past season, Jared had been traded to the Providence Bruins. I now live alone, and a week after Jared left, I decided that I was going to get a dog because it was a little scary being here by myself. I went to the shelter home and adopted this five year old, once abused, Lhasa Apso.

Image
(This is really my girl, Candy)

Candy is a small lap dog and loves to be played with, she's come a long way after being abused most of her life. I adopted her, brought her home, cleaned her up, and made her one of the family. Lhasa Apso's usually have long hair, but I didn't like it long, so I always have it cut short, it was easier to handle.

"So they're saying that this lockout might take forever," I said as I turned and looked at Jordan.

"Yeah, I'm not too happy about it, I don't know when it'll be over."

"I'll at least get to play," I sighed and wrapped my arms around Candy, "I like being in the AHL, but I wish-"

"I know, squirt," Jordan said as he sat up and placed his hand on my head and then gently pushed my head down onto his shoulder and he kissed my forehead, "I know."

"Are you heading back tonight?"

"Yeah, Heather's probably mad at me because I'm not helping her put the house together," Jordan laughed and I smirked and stood up.

"Well you better get going before it gets dark," I said and placed Candy on the bed, "I'll be down next week to visit."

"Eric took his family on vacation," Jordan said and I nodded my head.

"That's why I'm waiting until next week, when everyone's back."

"Well, we'll see you next week then, squirt," Jordan smiled and then hugged me.

"Tell Heather I said hi."

"Of course," he said and then walked out of the house and over towards his car.

Last year, August 12, 2011, Marc married his longtime girlfriend, Lindsay, and they got a house together on the outside of the city. And then on June 22, 2012, Jordan married his longtime girlfriend, Heather. His wedding was so much fun and I enjoyed the fact that his teammates were there. Jordan didn't like that I had spend most of my time with one of his youngest teammates, Beau Bennett. I thought he was cute and I did enjoy the fact that he was my age. We ended up exchanging numbers that night and I laughed when all of my brothers freaked out about that.

Not only did Jordan get married on Junes 22nd, he also found out that day that he was going to be traded, and on July 1st, Jordan signed a ten year contract with the Hurricanes, making me the happiest sister in the world, because that meant that I was close to my favorite brother.

That week went by slowly, and I was extremely bored, keeping myself busy by going for walks with Candy, and driving down to the beach with two of my girlfriends. I was going to be staying in Raleigh for a week, staying at my parents' house. I packed my bags and then my car, Candy was going to be joining me on this trip, so I had to make sure that I had everything I needed for her.

When we pulled up in front of my parents' house, I saw that there was another car and an SUV in
front of the house. I smiled because I knew that my brothers and their families were here, well, at least two of my brothers.

"You're here!" mom yelled happily as I got out of the car and saw her run out of the front door, "I'm so happy that you're here!"

"Hi mom," I smiled and she pushed me up against the car and hugged my tightly.

"How is it that you live less than three hours away, and we barely see you?" dad asked as he walked out and then when mom finally let me go, he hugged me.

"Hi daddy," I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Hello, pumpkin."

"There's the little cutie pie!" I heard mom say and I turned around to see that she was opening the passenger door, I smirked as she picked Candy up and held her close to her, "I'm going to take this as my grandkid, Jennifer! She's going to be easy to shop for."

"Mom," I whined and she smiled and scratched Candy's neck.

"AUNTIE!!!" I heard and then turned around to see my two year old nephew running over towards me.

"My munchkin!" I laughed and then finished the way, grabbing him and throwing him in the air. He laughed and then I caught him, "You can park your little toushy right here, Parker," I smiled as I rested him on my hip.

"Is this everything?" I heard my dad ask and I turned to see that he was holding the big suitcase.

"There's one in the trunk," I said and he sighed and walked to the trunk and I popped it.

"Geez, Jen, you're here for a week!"

"That one's all of Candy's things! Food, toys, clothes that I'm trying to make mom think that I use, but I really don't!" I laughed and then felt and arm around my shoulder and turned my head to see the eldest of my brothers, "How are you?"

"I'm fine," he said and then kissed my cheek, "How's my favorite sister?"

"I'm your only sister," I rolled my eyes at Eric's humor.

"And that's why you're my favorite," he said and I scoffed and looked at Parker.

"You're daddy is coco for cocoa puffs," I smiled and Parker laughed and clapped his hands together, "See! Even your son believes it!"

"Shut up," he smirked and tugged on my braids.

"Ow! Why must you all abuse my hair?! For twenty years you've abused my hair!"

"Leave her hair alone boys!" mom yelled and I stuck my tongue out at Eric, who just scrunched up his face and made it look like he was going to bite my tongue, something we did a lot when we were younger.

"SQUIRT!!!" I heard and then smiled and handed Parker over towards Eric because I was going to need both arms to hung my brother.

Ah, the life as a Staal.