Hurricane Jenny

005:

Chapter Five
My phone was going off in the kitchen where it was charging. I took Candy off of my lap and ran out of the living room and into the kitchen. I picked my phone up and smiled when I saw Beau Bennett's name appear on my screen, "Hello?"

"Jenny! It's Beau!"

"Hi Beau! What's up?" I smiled brightly as I sat on the stool and leaned against the counter.

"Hey some of my friends and I are going down to Florida for a week, we'll be passing through Charlotte, would you like to come with us?"

"To Florida?"

"Yeah, we're going to the beach and then maybe Universal," he said and I smiled.

"Sure!" I laughed and then looked towards the floor to see Candy walking over towards me, "When will you be here?"

"Friday," I looked on the calendar, two days, "We'll stay at a hotel nearby-"

"Don't be silly, I have plenty of room here, how many?"

"There's five of us," Beau said and I smirked.

"You can stay here, I have room, we'll leave in the morning?"

"You sure?"

"Yeah," I said and then turned back towards the counter, "Can we stop in Raleigh before we head out, my parent's will have to watch my dog."

"Sure, sure, least we could do," he laughed, "I'll see you Friday then."

"See you Friday," I smiled brightly and then hung up and squealed, "Oh Candy, come help me pack!" I laughed as I picked Candy up and then walked into my room to get ready for their weeklong trip.

Two days had passed quickly and I was more than ready for this trip. I had the house clean and ready for my guests, my bags were packed and waiting by the door, my parents were called and waiting for Candy to arrive on Saturday morning, I was just waiting on Beau.

-Beau-
"Uh, I think you turn left here," Brian Dumoulin said from the passenger seat and I sighed, "Dude, I don't know how to read a map!"

"That's why I told you to bring your GPS!" I barked and he scoffed, "We should have been there by now! You use to play on her team, didn't you know where she lives?!"

"I was there like once and that was forever ago!" he said and I shook my head.

"Who is this girl anyways?" Jayson Megna asked and I smirked.

"Jenny Staal," I smiled and looked in the rearview mirror when I heard the guys chuckle, "Shut up."

"Staal? Why do I know that name?"

"You should, three of her brothers are in the NHL and her one brother played for Pittsburgh," I said and Brian smirked.

"The Staal brothers have a sister?!" Jayson asked and I nodded my head, "Wait! She's the goalie, right?"

"Yeah, a damn good one."

"So she's the famous goalie that I've heard so much about!" Philip Samuelsson said and I nodded my head, "Was that her during the playoffs?"

"Yeah, we played against them and lost, every single time."

"NO! We beat them once!" Jayson said and I shook my head.

"Jenny wasn't in the net, it was that Peters guy. When she was in the net, we weren't able to get a goal."

"Kind of happy that we don't normally play that team then," Philip said and I nodded my head.

"All right, I give up, call her, I'm lost!" Brain sighed and I shook my head and stopped at the red light.

I grabbed my phone and went into my contacts, scrolling down to her name and placing the phone to my ear, but then having it snatched away by Brian, "HEY!" I yelled but he pointed to a sign that hung on a pole and saw that it was against the law in this county to talk on the phone and drive, "Oh."

"What's the street name ag- Hey! No this is Brian," I scoffed and shook my head, "Yeah, hey what's up?!" he laughed and I looked over at him, "No, Beau's driving, but, we're kind of lost-" he paused and I heard her muffle voice over the phone, "Yeah I know, that's what I said!"

"What?" I asked confused and he waved me off.

"You guys are idiots," I heard Jayson's girlfriend, Leah, say from the backseat and I sighed.

Brian was telling Jenny where we were and she was giving us directions to her house. It took about twenty minutes, but we finally got there, and I pulled into her driveway.

"Nice place," Philip said and I nodded my head.

It was about five at night, and I was tired for driving almost nine hours. I heard the front door open as I got out of my car and turned my head to see Jenny standing there with a big smile on her face.

"You're here!" she squealed and then ran over towards me and jumped at me. I was a little surprised to see that she was so excited to see me, but I welcomed her cheerfulness with open arms, literally. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I picked her up and hugged her tightly, "You don't know how boring it is around here!"

I laughed and placed her feet back on the ground and let her go, "I can only imagine, I'm not here to make it interesting."

"Oh please!" she smirked and then shook her head and turned to look at my friends and teammates.

"Jenny, you remember Brian-"

"What's up my girl?!" Brian laughed as he walked over and high fived Jenny and wrapped his arm around her shoulder, "Been a while!"

"It's been a little over three months, Brian," she laughed and I rolled my eyes.

"Jen, this is Philip," I said and Philip walked forward and shook hands with Jenny and then I watched as Jayson and Leah walked out from behind the car and looked over towards Jenny, "This is Leah and Jayson."

"Hi," they both said and Jenny smiled and waved.

"Guys, this is Jenny," I smiled and then she wrapped her arm around my back and I placed my arm over her shoulder.

"So, mi casa, su casa," Jenny laughed and then we started to walk towards the house with us following behind her.

-Jennifer-
"There is no way that you're taking that to the beach!" Leah said as she went through my suitcase.

"What? Why not?!"

"Definitely not single girl material! I mean, you are single, right?" she asked and I nodded my head, "Then get a little crazy!"

"I don't own any 'get a little crazy' clothes! I play hockey, I'm not a model like you!"

"Girl, you are gorgeous, and damn, you have a killer body! You need to show it off! At least when you're at the beach," she said and I smirked and shook my head.

"God, my brothers would kill me," I smiled but agreed to her plan.

"So, you and Beau," she started as she emptied my suitcase and walked over towards my closet.

"What about me and Beau?"

"You a thing?"

"No, we just met at my brother's wedding and really hit it off."

"But you like him," she said as she turned her head and looked at me.

"Yeah, he wouldn't be here if I didn't-"

"No, no, no, I mean, you 'like' him," she smiled and I smirked and scratched my head.

"Even if I did, it'd be hard, he's in Pennsylvania and I'm in North Carolina," I said and she sighed and nodded her head.

"So then become friends."

"We are friends," I laughed and she bent down and pulled a box out of my closet, a box that I haven't opened in a long time.

"Damn, where did you get this outfit?!"

"I was catwoman for Halloween a few years ago," I laughed and she pulled the leather outfit out of the box.

"Sexy!" she whistled and I laughed, "You can totally cut the top off and adjust the-"

"Wait? What?!"

"Oh, I make clothes for a living," she smiled, "I want to be a fashion designer."

"Nice," I smiled and she nodded her head.

"I'm gunna make a killer outfit for you," she said and I laughed and shook my head, "Oh and, you know you and Beau can become more than friends, he has a thing for you anyways."

"What? How do you know?"

"The way he talked about you on the ride down," Leah smiled as she stood up and walked over towards the bed, "He likes you."

"Distance, too far of a distance."

"Then do that whole friends with benefits thing," she laughed and I groaned and laid back on the bed.