Hurricane Jenny

006:

Chapter Six
-Eric-
"Thanks for watching the kids today, mom," I said as I placed Parker and Levi into their playpen in front of the cartoon filled TV.

"It's no problem, you and Tanya have fun this weekend," mom said and I smiled and kissed her cheek.

Tanya and I were going to go up to Virginia to go and see some historical sites because she liked history. We haven't done anything by ourselves since the kids were born, and it was a nice reason to get away. As I was walking towards the front door I saw Candy, Jen's dog, walking through the halls and go into the living room.

"Why's Candy here? Jen here?" I asked and mom shook her head.

"Jen went to Florida for a week with some people, she asked me if your father and I could watch Candy," mom said and I was confused.

"What people?"

"I think I saw one of her teammates and then someone that was at Jordan's wedding," mom said and I looked at the ground and then tried to think about who she might be talking about, "Eric, I know that face! Your sister is a grown woman! She can handle herself."

"I wasn't gunna do anything!"

"You can't baby her," mom said and I sighed.

"Mom, it's not like I'm going to go down to Florida and watch over her," I said and then leaned against the door.

"Eric, don't! You go away with you wife and have fun! Just like Jenny is going to go away and have fun. We both know that she is a responsible adult and I trust my daughter."

"I trust her too, it's those other people that I don't trust," I said and mom shook her head.

"And this is why your marriage is at risk, you worry too much about your sister and less about your wife."

"Mom!" I whined and she shook her head.

"You go home, get your wife, and go to Virginia," mom said as she pushed me out the door, "You don't think about your sons, your father and I, your brothers and certainly not your sister! You just think about you and Tanya having a good trip."

"Yes mother," I muttered and she patted my cheek and sent me on my way.

As I walked to my car, got in, pulled out of the driveway and got to the end of the street, I was seriously debating with myself about letting it go, but I couldn't. If I couldn't watch over my sister, then I was going to have someone else do it.

"What's up man, Heather and I are in the middle of a paint war," Jordan laughed and I scoffed.

"Did you know that Jen went to Florida for a week?" I asked and he stopped laughing.

"What? When?"

"Apparently she dropped her dog at mom and dad's and then left this morning, she was with some guys."

"Hold on," he muttered and I sighed and stopped at another stop sign. Jordan kept me waiting forever, and for a moment, I thought that he had hung up on me, "She's with four guys and another girl."

"How do you know?"

"I texted her on Heather's phone," he said and I scoffed.

"Does she know that it was you?"

"Probably," he said and I laughed, "Uh oh, she's calling me, gotta go."

"Call me later," I said before I hung up and threw my phone on the passenger seat.

-Jennifer-
"I knew they were going to pull something," I laughed from the passenger seat of Beau's SUV, just having gotten off the phone with Jordan.

"Your brother's?" Beau asked and I nodded my head.

"Protective brother's at their finest," Brain said and I laughed, "Hey, how's Jared been?"

"Um, I don't know, I haven't really seen him since Jordan's wedding, and even then he was kind of distant."

"He's in Providence, right?" Philip asked and I nodded my head.

"I think he's visiting Marc in New York now actually, those two usually stuck together."

"And what are you, Jordan and Eric? The three musketeers?" Beau asked.

"More like the three troublemakers," I laughed and Beau smirked.

It was a long drive, most of it spent joking around and getting to know one another, but we finally made it to Orlando, Florida. Apparently Beau had ordered three rooms, Leah and I were going to share one, Jayson and Beau were going to share one, and Brain and Philip were going to share one.

When I walked into my room, Leah trailing behind me, I wasn't expected to see one king size bed. I was expecting to see two queens, this was going to be interesting.

"I didn't expect this," Leah said as we walked into the room and I nodded my head, "Oh well, have fun," she laughed and I looked at her confused, "I'm probably going to be with Jayson most of the time."

"Oh, whole room to myself then," I smirked and she shrugged her shoulders.

"Sure," she said and then I saw that there was a door in the middle of our room and I opened it to see that there was a door in front of that, "Oh, that's probably the door to the boys' room."

"Really?" I asked and she nodded her head. I knocked on it and then smiled when I saw Beau open the door, "It works!" he laughed and then moved out of the way so that I could come in, "I see we have a bed situation," I said when I saw that they have one king size bed as well.

"No, you guys do," Jayson said and I looked to see that he was placing Beau's bags into my room and picking Leah's bag and throwing it in his room, "Have fun," he said and then started to push Beau and I into the room and close the door behind us.

"Rude much," I laughed and then saw that I was face first into Beau's chest, "Sorry."

"It's fine," he said and I backed away and walked over towards the bed, "So, seems like we have a situation."

"Well, we might if you plan on trying to pick up any puck bunnies," I laughed and he smirked and shook his head.

"Vacation from everything hockey," he said and then jumped onto the bed, "We're going to Universal tomorrow."

"Can't wait, never went," I said and he looked at me shocked.

"You've been deprived!"

"I'm from Canada! I think you're the only one here who's from America."

"Jayson and Leah are too," he said and I scoffed.

"I'm hungry," I whined and then heard my phone going off. I groaned when I saw it was Jordan calling me and then threw my phone onto my pillow, "Go away!"

"You got a text," Beau said as he handed my phone to me and I laid back onto the bed with my feet dangling off and looked at the text.

"Squirt," I scoffed as I started to read the text out loud, "God, I hate that nickname," Beau laughed and I shook my head, "Squirt, just letting you know that mom yelled at me because I was checking up on you and she told me to leave you alone," I read out loud and then laughed when another text came, "Don't get pregnant, I don't want to go to jail again."

"Wow," Beau said and I laughed and shook my head.

"What an asshole," I laughed and then replied back to my brother, [Too late]

"All right," Beau said as he pushed himself up from the bed and looked at me, "I'm hungry."

"I said that before," I laughed and leaned on my elbows and heard my phone go off again.

I looked down to see that Jordan had texted me back, [I'm not ready to go to jail... Again]

[One, you spent a night in jail, for underage drink and two, shut up I'm an adult, a responsible adult that knows how to say 'no'] I replied and then looked to see that Beau was staring at me, "What?"

"You're cute when you're frustrated," he laughed and I felt my face heat up.

"Uh, thanks."

"I'm gunna round everyone up and we'll go for some food," Beau said and I nodded my head.

Beau grabbed his phone and started to type on it, while I got up and walked over towards the door to Jayson and Leah's room and knocked. Leah answered and I told her that we were going to go and get something to eat. She and Jayson got ready and walked into my room. Not long after that, Philip and Brian knocked on the door and Beau answered it. We decided that we were going to go to the restaurant down the street.