Status: I don't know how to communicate my thoughts, but I have a lot planned.

Brains Against Blue Walls

Part Three

Jack slept over at Zack's house that night. He had been finding refuge there since the worst day. They were currently eating breakfast; Jack had Lucky Charms (bless that cereal) and Zack was having Honey Bunches of Oats - ew.

Zack poured more cereal into his yellow bowl. "I am so done with high school." He put the box back down onto the counter. "Rian and Matt are the only ones leaving us."

"They suck," Jack sighed, inspecting a stale green marshmallow. "They suck goat balls" He popped the sugary cereal into his mouth. "Are you still going to live here? With your parents I mean."

Zack thought for a moment. "Actually, we've been talking about me getting my own place. They'd be helping me pay for things for a little while until I have more experience and money on my own." He filled his spoon with milk and sipped. "It'll probably be during or after summer though. Are you?"

Jack was hesitant, "N-no." He looked at the Lucky Charms, lucky to have a friend like Zack who only has that sort of food at his house for him. "I want to, but I suck at everything, it'll be hard to get a job and cook and pay and adult shit like that. Man, I can't even drive"

"Dude, I'm sure you'll be fine. A lot of guys live with their parents for a while."

Jack didn't like knowing he'd be like them. "Ugh, but I don't want to be a loser!"

"Too late." Zack said in a serious voice.

"Shut up." Jack spooned some marshmallows out of his bowl and into Zack's, who didn't appreciate that very much.

"Ew, dude, gross." He singled it out of his bowl, mostly milk now, and put it back into Jack's, who snickered and ate it. "Maybe you could live with me. You'd still have to get a job though."

Jack turned to face the older boy. "Seriously? I thought you'd be glad to be on your own."

"Yeah well, I'd get lonely, and maybe people would like me more if they knew was the one who sheltered the town loser who had no hope for the future. I'd be a hero."

"You suck goat balls as well, and-" he paused, "But hey! That's not true! I like you!"

"Yeah, but you're, " He looked Jack up and down, "you." To that, Jack made a face showing he wasn't satisfied. "Don't be so down! You turn a whopping number of eighteen in a month! Wowza!" He said somewhat sarcastically as he placed his yellow cereal bowl into the sink.

Jack followed. "And I still don't know what I'm doing with my life." They wandered back into the Merrick boy's room. "I'm going to be an adult, and I still brush my teeth with a Star Wars themed tooth brush." He sat on the floor. "What should I do for my birthday?"

Zack shrugged. "Beats me."

"You're no help." He jokingly punched Zack and smiled.

"Hey! I offered to sacrifice my quiet grown up life to be with your lazy ass"

"My ass is anything but lazy. I'll have you know it is quite firm and in A+ condition"

"You don't need to go into details." Jack waggled his eyebrows at Zack and winked. "Shut up."

"I didn't even say anything." The younger boy said in his defense.

"Yeah, but you're still being annoying."
♠ ♠ ♠
I crank out a few sentences every few weeks.
Don't worry, the crew is being put into the story when Matt and Rian are in college.
I never know when to end these things.
-
I want you to keep in mind they they are in high school in this fic, Zack isn't all muscles and Jack's hair isn't all spiked up and Rian is a small hairy potato.
Anyhoo, it would mean a great deal to me if you'd comment your thoughts, I take criticism as well. It helps me.
Follow me on tumblr: mattflyzikruinedmylife.tumblr.com