Status: Active

Heroine? Or Villain? That Is the Question.

The Truth

Jamie woke up in a room with no windows and furnished only with a cot. "Where am I?" he thought. "The last thing I remember was asking a man if he had ever heard of Myna and now here I am. What the fuck?"

The cell door opened and a man stepped through. It was the man Jamie had asked if he had heard of Myna. "You will come with us now. That's not a request."

Jamie was dragged from the cot by two other men. His arms were bound behind him. He was dragged to his feet by the first man. Jamie tried to struggle, but quickly realized the effort was futile.

"Who the hell are you? Where the hell am I?" Jamie asked as he was dragged along.

"You are where you got yourself," the man replied. "As for who I am, my name is Barsad. Now no more questions."

Jamie stayed silent. He was slowly realizing that these men were very dangerous. He smelled something awful and nearly gagged.

Barsad noticed and smirked a bit, "It's the smell of the sewers. You'll get used to it in time."

"The sewers?" Jamie said incredulously. "Wait, in time? I don't know who you are but I don't plan on staying down here."

Barsad stopped and turned Jamie to face him. "Your choice is staying or death. We cannot allow you to leave now that you have seen where we are and how we live. Although," here he smirked, "It will not be your choice per say. Shadow will rule what we do with you."

Jamie heard the reverence in Barsad's voice when he had said 'Shadow.' He could only assume that Shadow was their leader, and would kill him as soon as look at him. He didn't like the thought. He had to live, he had to find Myna. She'd been on her own long enough.

Barsad propelled Jamie forward again. "I suggest you be silent from here on," he said softly in Jamie's ear. "We are almost there and others will not take kindly to you speaking out of turn."

They walked in silence from then on, although Jamie longed to ask so many questions.

They arrived in a high ceilinged room. There was little light, but the room seemed empty. Empty except for a single chair at the far end of the room. The chair sat on a raised platform, almost like it was a throne on a dais. In the chair sat a hooded figure.

"Shadow," Barsad spoke, "I have brought the prisoner as you requested."

"What reason is he being held prisoner for again, Barsad?" the hooded figure asked.

The voice of the hooded figure, the Shadow, resonated in Jamie. It seemed familiar, but he couldn't think of why.

"Asking after the girl you said we should listen for," Barsad answered.

"I see," the figure got up and came toward them, hood still raised.

"It troubles me that you are here Jameson," the figure said. "It would have been best for all if you had forgotten me."

The voice clicked in Jamie's mind just as the figure pulled their hood down. The Shadow wasn't a man as he had assumed. It was a girl. The girl he had been looking for for the past 12 years. "Myna," Jamie breathed.
♠ ♠ ♠
12 years and Jamie's still looking for Myna. How sweet :)

10 more points if you can spot the Beauty and the Beast quote :)