Status: Leave me some love!

Never Fall For You

Eleven

-Kat-

Other than ‘I told you so’, Phee didn’t have much to say about what happened between Tyler and me, though she did give me a satisfied grin when she heard that she had been right. And, as surprising as that was, I was thankful for it. It was already confusing enough trying to figure out if I had wanted to kiss him because I really liked him, or if my crazy teenage hormones had just taken over. I mean, let’s face it, he was pretty hot. So, the only thing I could think to do until I could figure it out, was avoid him. I know, I know. Over the top, and very dramatic, I mean it was just a kiss. And not even a kiss. It was an almost kiss. I just didn’t want him trying anything else until I could confidently say that I liked him.

Avoiding Tyler was pretty easy. Everywhere he went, he seemed to have a girl either following closely behind him, or wrapped around his arm, so he never really had time to stop and talk to me. And if he ever did have time, I made sure to dodge into my classes quickly, so that our paths never crossed. And, to my great satisfaction, they never did.

The next day started out weird for me. For one, I woke up fifteen minutes before my alarm clock. That never happened. In fact, I usually slept through my alarm clock, which is why I had to set five. With the extra fifteen minutes, I actually had time to fix my hair, and pick out a decent outfit. I pulled on a pair of dark skinny jeans, a green sweater that fit loosely, and hung off of one shoulder, and my favorite black boots that didn’t really match the outfit, but were oh so comfortable. I dried my hair, letting the loose waves fall down my back casually, and I felt good as I headed towards the kitchen for breakfast.

The beginning of the school day went on uneventfully. I met Phee at our lockers, and we chatted for a bit before she suddenly squinted, looking past me, and said “Ew, what is his problem?”

I raised my eyebrow at her, then looked over my shoulder to see what she was looking at. Jason was standing by his locker, just staring. And as soon as we made eye contact, he looked away quickly, and if I’m not mistaking, I think I saw his cheeks blush.

I looked back at Phee. “That was weird” I mumbled, and she nodded, before shrugging.

“Anyway” she said, playing with a lock of her long hair. It hit me then she had been fidgeting the entire time we’d been talking, and I stared up at her, wondering what had her edge. “Kat, I have to tell you something.”

“Okay…” I said, cautiously, and she bit her lip, a slight smile tugging at the corners of her mouth.

“Well-”

“Hey, babe!”

I looked up to see Hunter wrapping his long arms around Phee’s tiny waist from behind, and kissing the top of her head. I looked at Phee, confused, and she just grinned at me.

“What is this?” I asked, and Phee giggled.

“That’s what I was going to tell you, before someone rudely interrupted me.” She reached up and smacked Hunter on his arm playfully, then giggled when he nuzzled her neck with his head.

“Ehem.” I cleared my throat loudly, to remind them that I was still standing there, waiting for an answer.

Phee sighed, her face turning a slight pink color as she said “Hunter and I are officially together. I totally gave in to all his nagging.”

“Hey!” he exclaimed. “I don’t nag!”

“You kind of do” Phee said, then pecked his cheek when he frowned.

Meanwhile, I was too shocked by this news to form a complete sentence. I stared at my blushing best friend, as she nestled into the arms of the one guy who’d consistently, and relentlessly loved her for so long. And, much to my surprise, she looked happy.

Phee looked at me, and I knew she was waiting for me to say something. For some reason, she felt like she needed my approval for certain things, this being one of them.

I sighed, and rolled my eyes playfully, before letting a grin play across my lips. “I knew it wouldn’t be long” I said, and she rolled her eyes.

“Alright, well, movie night at his place tonight” she said, pointing to Hunter, just as the bell was ringing. “And your ass better be there.”

I nodded, agreeing to meet up with them after school, and they took off down the hall together, hand-in-hand.

Okay, Kat, I thought. Weird thing number two.

I sighed, then spun around on my heel, getting ready to head to my first class. However, I didn’t plan on someone being right behind me when I turned around, and I ran into them with more force than I thought possible. I let out a small yelp as we both collided to floor, my books, and papers scattering everywhere. And it wasn’t until I landed hard on my ass, that I realized I had run into Jason.

“What the hell, man?!” I nearly yelled, as I began collecting all of my papers. “Fuuuuuck” I grunted, as I pulled a two pages out of a puddle of water that had no doubt come from the water bottle Jason had dropped in our collision. Two pages of my six page long history essay that was due in two days: ruined.

“Kat, I’m so sorry” Jason said, standing up, and gathering some of my papers together.

That in itself nearly stopped me in my tracks. Jason Hughes never apologizes for anything. Especially not to me. But that’s not what shocked me senseless. No, the next words that came out of his mouth were the ones that really, almost literally, paralyzed me.

“I didn’t mean to bump into you” he continued. “I-” He paused, and looked down at me, and I stared up at him impatiently. “I just wanted to tell you that you look nice today.”

I was taken aback for a very long moment, as I stared up at the tall boy.

Okay, Kat, now this officially the weirdest day of your life.

“W-what?” I finally managed to stammer out.

And then he started blushing, and all I could do was stare up at him blankly.

Then, suddenly, he shoved my papers into my hands. “Here” he said, suddenly in a hurry, and he picked his backpack up off the ground.

And that was it. Jason Hughes left me standing in the middle of the hallway, confused, and wondering what in the hell had gotten into everyone.