Status: Leave me some love!

Never Fall For You

Two

-Jason-

"Hey, Ty, you ready to go?”

I knocked on the spare bedroom door a couple of times, wondering if my cousin was even awake yet. It was the first day he’d be attending Lincoln High, and I knew the last thing he’d want was to be late.

His staying with my family wasn’t a normal thing. In fact, up until my aunt called my mom, we hadn’t heard much from that side of the family in years. After my uncle passed, Aunt Jocelyn got remarried to a very wealthy man, and she suddenly didn’t have time for her younger sister, or her family anymore. That was, of course, until her very wealthy husband decided he wanted to travel the world with his new wife. But since Tyler was still only seventeen, Aunt Jocelyn didn’t want to bring him. Especially since he was just a little over a year away from graduating, and she didn‘t want to pull him out of school. So the only obvious answer was for her to call my mother and ask if her son could stay with us until God only knows when. Which, don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining. Tyler and I have always been close, when we got the chance. We were born fourteen minutes apart, for God’s sake.

A few seconds passed by, then the door finally swung open, and Tyler stepped out, smiling.

“Ready when you are” he replied, and I nodded, then lead the way out of the front door.

The cold, January air hit me hard, like it did every winter morning, and I was watching every step I took carefully, to ensure a safe walk to my car.

“Dude” Tyler said, suddenly. “Who is that?”

I looked up at him, then followed his gaze to across the street, and rolled my eyes.

“That’s Kat Lawrence” I answered, flipping her the bird. “She’s a bitch.” And, as if to further prove my point, Kat’s finger shot up in the air in retaliation immediately, which sent a chuckle rippling through my body.

“Hottest bitch I’ve ever seen” Tyler mumbled, before we both slipped into the car. I eyeballed him for a minute, before turning the car on, and backing out of the driveway slowly.

During school, I intended to meet Tyler in between classes to give him directions to each of his classes. But, by second period, he’d already found himself a tour guide - Kayla Huggins, a skinny cheerleader with huge tits, and legs that went on forever. Part of me was a little jealous at how he’d managed to get a girl following him all over the place like a puppy so quickly. The other part of me had to give him props - It was pretty impressive.

I sighed dramatically when I got to third period. For one, it was English, and I hated English. Though, in all fairness, I hated anything that wasn’t gym or football practice. And reason number two being, Kat Lawrence sat in the front row, looking snooty and dorky as usual. She kind of looked more disgusting today than she usually did. Her sweatshirt was all wrinkled, her shoes were falling apart, she wasn’t wearing any makeup at all, and her air was in a messy bun. It’s not that she was ugly. Far from it, in fact. She just never fixed herself up. Well, that’s not true. Last party we were both at, she was smoking hot.

No. Jason. Katherine Lawrence is not hot. Ever.

I shuffled past her, and she grimaced at me as I walked by. I dropped into a seat next to Hunter Miller, a guy I’ve known since third grade, and definitely one of the few people I’d trust with my life.

“Hughes” he whispered, as Mr. Roland began the lesson. “Where the hell were you during winter break? Phee had a sick ass party last night, and you totally missed it.”

I shrugged. “Sorry” I whispered back. “My cousin moved in with us temporarily last week, so I’ve been showing him around.”

“Ahh, that explains the new kid that all these girls have been falling all over.”

I nodded. “He’s going after Kayla right now, I think.”

Hunter looked slightly relieved. “As long as he leaves Phee alone.”

I rolled my eyes. “You are far too protective over a girl that keeps denying you” I replied. “Besides, I think she’s too wild for him.”

Hunter merely shrugged, smiling, then turned back in seat, and faced the front. I, in turn, resolved to doodling on my notebook, and zoning out until the bell rang.