Status: Leave me some love!

Never Fall For You

Four

-Jason-

"Dude, seriously, you need to hook me up with that girl. She’s one of the hottest girls I’ve ever seen.”

I rolled my eyes, and glared at Tyler as he picked through some of the food on his lunch tray.

“Okay, first of all, if Kat is one of the hottest girls you’ve ever seen, you must have been going to school with dogs for the past few years” I replied. “Second of all, Kat hates me. And quite frankly, the feeling is mutual. So even if I wanted to ‘hook you up’ with her, I couldn’t, because she can’t say two words to me without an eye roll.”

Tyler sighed, just as Kat walked - well, ran - into the cafeteria. I shook my head.

“Besides, Kat isn’t like these other girls” I added. “You can’t use your tired out moves on her, she’s too smart for that.”

Tyler looked up at me, a smirk tugging at the corner of his mouth.

“That kind of sounds like a challenge” he replied, and I raised my eyebrow. “I bet I could get that girl to not only going out with me, but to sleep with me. Within the next few weeks.”

I shook my head. “There’s no way. I’m telling you - Kat’s not like Kayla. Or any of those girls, really. She’s her own special brand of bitch, and I’ve never seen her dating anyone. As far as I know, she’s never even gone past a first kiss.”

Tyler looked over at her, as she slid into the seat next to Phee. She glanced over at us, and we both turned away quickly.

“Alright” he said, shrugging. “Just wait and see.”

I shook my head, then changed the subject quickly.

Fourth period was annoying for me, both because speaking a foreign language is not my forte, and because Tyler would not shut up about Kat.

“What does she like to do?” he asked. “Do you know her favorite color? What kind of music is she into?” He was staring at the back of her head as he spoke, and when she suddenly turned around to look at him, he looked at me quickly.

“How should I know?” I whispered back. “Ask Aaron. Or Phee. Or even Hunter. Any of them would know her better than I would.”

Tyler sighed, and shook his head, but said nothing else about the matter.

When class was over, Kat jumped out of her seat quickly, and made it out of the door first, so naturally, Tyler grabbed his stuff, and took off after her. Half interested in what he was going to do, I followed.

When I caught up enough with them that I could still hear what they were saying without being noticed, Kat was giving Tyler her famous ‘bitch’ stare, and he was smiling.

“Look, here‘s my number” he was saying, then he pulled a pen out of his backpack, and grabbed her hand. “Call me when you’re bored. I’d love to hang out with you.” He wrote down his phone number in the palm of her hand, and I was surprised to see that she let him.

Then she rolled her eyes and nodded. “Yeah, okay. I‘ll think about it” she said. “See you around, Tyler.”

Then, she turned around, and headed for her next class, with Tyler just staring after her like a lovesick puppy. I wanted to gag.

“I told you, man” I said, walking up to him, and slapping him on the back. “You are never going to get her to go out with you.”

He shook his head, smiling. “Oh no” he said, cockily. “She totally wants me. And she‘s definitely going to be mine.”

“Whatever, dude” I said, shaking my head. Then I headed for my next class.