This is the End of Everything

Standing tall through it all

I didn't feel bad at all when I had to shoot him. He had it coming to him along time ago, but only now I could do it for fear of becoming one of them. Kevin, Mark and Hailee all stood in the other room knowing that I needed to do this by myself. My whole life he controlled it, he made sure I knew my place. He never felt bad about it. He knew the family that I came from, he offered me a way out, but it wasn't a way out at all. He knew I was easy to control, all it took was one hit. It couldn't be like that anymore, not in this kind of world. I walked out of the room and looked at my friends. They all just nodded, knowing I didn't need comfort, they knew it was time to leave. We packed a few bags and decided to take one car, we grabbed as much food as possible and got into the car. We needed to get out of the city before it was too late. We got to the car and just drove. Kevin was the first one to drive, he had short black hair and blue eyes, he was quite the looker, I should've gone out with him, then I wouldn't of had to go through even more abuse. Mark and Hailee were together, Mark had short brown hair and green eyes, Hailee was out bombshell, she had platinum blonde hair and green eyes, she was all around amazing. The boys both grew up in the country, they learned how to hunt, they knew how to take care of themselves if we had to go out into the woods. Hailee was a city girl, she always made sure she looked fine, she never took the time to go out camping or anything like that. I on the other hand just knew how to survive. I knew how to fend for myself, I just could deal with it if I needed to fight someone.

We had gotten stuck in a traffic jam, it seemed like everyone was trying to get out. We could hear on the radio that Atlanta was supposed to be a safe zone. That was a load of shit. As we waited we decided to get out of the car, traffic was backed up both ways. I could see a few kids playing on the other side of the highway.

"Well I assume we are never going to move" I said looking at Kevin.

"I think you assumed right, we've been here for almost an hour and we haven't moved an inch" Kevin said pushing his hair out of his face.

"Well should we go talk to people and find out what's going on?" Hailee asked.

"Yeah, lets at least be social" Mark said moving towards the car with kids.

As we approached the car I saw a lady, she had short grey-ish hair. What seemed to be her husband was yelling at her. When we got closer he stopped and looked over at us.

"Hi I'm Mark, this is Hailee, Kevin, and Katie" Mark said pointing to each of us.

"I'm Carol, this is Ed my husband, and that over there is Sophia" she said, she was soft spoken and seemed to be really kind.

"Do you have any idea what is going on? All the cars are just at a stand still, both ways" Kevin said.

"We don't know, we heard Atlanta was a safe place to go" Carol said nodding towards the city, Ed was sitting in the car by now. I didn't like him very much.

"That's a load of shit, we just came from there, it isn't a safe place" Hailee said. I nodded in agreement.

The sun was setting, we could hear the army telling everyone not to worry. Another woman walked up, she had long brown hair, and brown eyes. She called over to the little boy playing Sophia, he had short brown hair, his name was Carl. The woman introduced herself.

"Hi I'm Lori, and that's my son Carl" she said motioning to the boy.

"I'm Hailee, this is Katie, Mark, and Kevin" she said pointing to each of us.

We all stood around and talked for a little while, when out of no where we heard a lot of Helicopters flying over us. We all ran over after noticing that they were heading over towards the city. We stopped at the tree line. Everyone watched in horror as bombs were being dropped from them. We didn't know what to do now. We walked back with Lori towards the car, a man found her, he had short curly brown hair.

"We need to find a place to go, I talked to Dale, the man with the RV and he said there was a quarry that we can go to for the night. We just need to follow him, I also met a few other people who are going to come with us. I'm Shane by the way" he said looking over at us.

I felt like I needed to stay to myself for a while so I just nodded over while Kevin took over and introduced us. We left and grabbed our things from the car, Dale let us ride in his RV. We made it to the quarry, we also met Andrea, Amy, Daryl, and Merle, Glenn, T-dog, Jim, Jacqui, and the Morales family. We had over 20 people at the Quarry. As we all introduced ourselves none of us knew what to do. After meeting Merle I knew he was someone to stay away from, I didn't like Ed either. We made out make shift camp, we had food to share, but since we had no idea what was going on we needed to ration it out. I decided for my small group that we should just ration our food out among us, rather than trying to feed the entire camp which was easily over 20 people.

Laying down on that first night was hard. I didn't want to sleep, I had seen what people turned into, even though I was free of the horrors that my old life was filled with, I was left with these new horrors. Horrors in which the living would kill the dead, and fear the living.
♠ ♠ ♠
Slow start, Daryl will actually be in the next one a lot more.